• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Remember when both Texas Senators Voted

Cigar

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
.... against Hurricane Sandy aid for the Northeast States.

My guess is that Texas Aid will be approved, if needed and asked for, and by all NE Democratic Senators when the time comes because they will put country over party.

https://thinkprogress.org/31-senate...ng-disaster-aid-for-home-states-1ea0a82683e0/

31 Senate Republicans Opposed Sandy Relief After Supporting Disaster Aid For Home States
https://thinkprogress.org/31-senate...ng-disaster-aid-for-home-states-1ea0a82683e0/

... excuses to follow ...

My guess is that Texas Aid will be approved, if needed and asked for, and by all NE Democratic Senators when the time comes because they will put country over party.

31 Senate Republicans Opposed Sandy Relief After Supporting Disaster Aid For Home States

Excuse #1....."But, but that wasteful relief bill was loaded with pork, whereas this relief bill---approved by the courageous GOP controlled senate---will have NO pork and will actually make money."

Excuse #1....."But, but that wasteful relief bill was loaded with pork, whereas this relief bill---approved by the courageous GOP controlled senate---will have NO pork and will actually make money."

Excuse #2 ... that's Fake News

Speaking as someone who grew up in Texas, it's a bit like a microcosm of US relations with the rest of the world. Texas exceptionalism abounds and everyone else, including their fellow Americans from other states, can go **** themselves because they believe they're the only state that matters. The north east was just a bunch of liberals so who cares if they drown?

Speaking as someone who grew up in Texas, it's a bit like a microcosm of US relations with the rest of the world. Texas exceptionalism abounds and everyone else, including their fellow Americans from other states, can go **** themselves because they believe they're the only state that matters. The north east was just a bunch of liberals so who cares if they drown?

Fenton....is that you?? ;)

LOL since when has a NE Liberal ever been agaisnt giving away other people's money?

I think you'd have an incredibly hard time finding two people more politically opposite than Fenton and I.

I know that.
It's just that your post's description of some Texans' attitudes fits Fenton so well.

LOL since when has a NE Liberal ever been agaisnt giving away other people's money?

Then you won't mind when Texas doesn't get any financial help with the hurricane disaster?

.. [/SIZE][/I]
Oh and thank you for reminding us what wonderful people Democrats are. I think sometimes people can forget.

Then you won't mind when Texas doesn't get any financial help with the hurricane disaster?

I will be against them getting unrelated pork ,like what was in that bill cite di n the OP. Are are we still playing the liberal pretend game and going to pretend that wasn't the case?

Liberals LERRRVe getting up on teir spiritual hilltop when they are buying votes. " bbbbbbbut it's all for the poor folks in New Jersey"
http://www.thefiscaltimes.com/Artic...ss-Piles-the-Pork-into-Hurricane-Sandy-Relief

“You’re at the end of the Congress, and there’s always an interest in attaching anything you can to bills that are going through the Capitol Hill station,” said Steve Ellis, vice president of Taxpayers for Common Sense. “This is one of the last trains going through the station.”

According to an analysis by Ellis, the Sandy emergency spending package includes $150 million for fishery disaster areas in Mississippi and Alaska; $20,000 for a new car for the Inspector General of the Justice Department; $10.8 billion for the Federal Transportation Administration; and cancellation of loans related to Hurricane Katrina. It also contains $4 million for repairs at the Kennedy Space Center and $3.3 million for the Plum Island Animal Disease Center.

Every disaster is an opportunity to lard a relief bill with pork. According to Citizens Against Government Waste, hurricane Katrina was also a golden opportunity to do an end-run around appropriations.
• $33.2 million for eight projects in the state of Senate Energy and Water Appropriations Subcommittee Ranking Member Harry Reid (D-Nev.), including: $25 million for rural Nevada; $1.5 million for Truckee Meadows; and $725,000 for Tahoe Regional Planning

• $16.8 million for seven projects in the state of Senate Energy and Water Appropriations Subcommittee member Robert Byrd (D-W.Va.), including: $2.5 million for the Greenbrier River Basin; $325,000 for the Parkersburg and Vienna Riverfront Park; and $150,000 for Island Creek at Logan

• $12.9 million for 11 projects in the state of Senate Energy and Water Appropriations Subcommittee Chairman Pete Domenici (R-N.M.), including: $5 million for central New Mexico; $250,000 for Santa Fe; and $180,000 for the Southwest Valley, Albuquerque

Liberals:" DUUUH, I didn't know that."

Last edited:
I wil be against them getting unrelated pork ,like what was in that bill cite di n the OP. Are are we still playing the liberal pretend game and going to pretend that wasn't the case?

Which, of course, if you read the bill, that's incorrect information. That doesn't seem to matter to you.

Excuse #1....."But, but that wasteful relief bill was loaded with pork, y."

Yeah pretty much. I think I knocked out of the park, wouldn't you say?

I will be against them getting unrelated pork ,like what was in that bill cite di n the OP. Are are we still playing the liberal pretend game and going to pretend that wasn't the case?

Liberals LERRRVe getting up on teir spiritual hilltop when they are buying votes. " bbbbbbbut it's all for the poor folks in New Jersey"
Congress Piles the Pork into Hurricane Sandy Relief | The Fiscal Times

“You’re at the end of the Congress, and there’s always an interest in attaching anything you can to bills that are going through the Capitol Hill station,” said Steve Ellis, vice president of Taxpayers for Common Sense. “This is one of the last trains going through the station.”

According to an analysis by Ellis, the Sandy emergency spending package includes $150 million for fishery disaster areas in Mississippi and Alaska; $20,000 for a new car for the Inspector General of the Justice Department; $10.8 billion for the Federal Transportation Administration; and cancellation of loans related to Hurricane Katrina. It also contains $4 million for repairs at the Kennedy Space Center and $3.3 million for the Plum Island Animal Disease Center.

Every disaster is an opportunity to lard a relief bill with pork. According to Citizens Against Government Waste, hurricane Katrina was also a golden opportunity to do an end-run around appropriations.
• $33.2 million for eight projects in the state of Senate Energy and Water Appropriations Subcommittee Ranking Member Harry Reid (D-Nev.), including: $25 million for rural Nevada; $1.5 million for Truckee Meadows; and $725,000 for Tahoe Regional Planning

• $16.8 million for seven projects in the state of Senate Energy and Water Appropriations Subcommittee member Robert Byrd (D-W.Va.), including: $2.5 million for the Greenbrier River Basin; $325,000 for the Parkersburg and Vienna Riverfront Park; and $150,000 for Island Creek at Logan

• $12.9 million for 11 projects in the state of Senate Energy and Water Appropriations Subcommittee Chairman Pete Domenici (R-N.M.), including: $5 million for central New Mexico; $250,000 for Santa Fe; and $180,000 for the Southwest Valley, Albuquerque

Liberals:" DUUUH, I didn't know that."

Ah yes .. the 'fiscal times', who do like to spin things. Notice, on just how many of those are repairs to other parts of the country that where hit by natural disasters. But, let's ignore that, and call it 'pork'. One must wonder why they didn't bother protesting when the other bills were put out.

Back
Top Bottom