• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Reality...

shellgame

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
In my neighborhood all anyone cares enough about to go outside for seems to be ice cream. Both ice cream parlors have like 20 - 50 people hanging around in front of them. Kids, adults, everyone. One of them has a drive through with 30 cars in it for hours every night and a huge horde of people standing out front. This is the reality of the world where I live in America. No protests, no riots... although yesterday, a black kid held up a sign that said "honk if my life matters". A bunch of white kids were standing around laughing as people honked. Anyway, I guess it's good to see that in reality most people are going about their lives very normally. The rioters and looters are an aberration if you visit my part of town near a large and notoriously dangerous city. Many people are out having fun again now that the coronavirus restrictions have been lifted.

I just thought it would be interesting to note that right outside my door in wild and crazy America there are hundreds of happy people eating ice cream and causing no problems whatsoever. The CSA population of this area is over 6.5 million. And yes there are black neighborhoods near me, and no, none of them are rioting.

In my neighborhood all anyone cares enough about to go outside for seems to be ice cream. Both ice cream parlors have like 20 - 50 people hanging around in front of them. Kids, adults, everyone. One of them has a drive through with 30 cars in it for hours every night and a huge horde of people standing out front. This is the reality of the world where I live in America. No protests, no riots... although yesterday, a black kid held up a sign that said "honk if my life matters". A bunch of white kids were standing around laughing as people honked. Anyway, I guess it's good to see that in reality most people are going about their lives very normally. The rioters and looters are an aberration if you visit my part of town near a large and notoriously dangerous city. Many people are out having fun again now that the coronavirus restrictions have been lifted.

I just thought it would be interesting to note that right outside my door in wild and crazy America there are hundreds of happy people eating ice cream and causing no problems whatsoever. The CSA population of this area is over 6.5 million. And yes there are black neighborhoods near me, and no, none of them are rioting.

How come your neighborhood isn't rioting son?

Better hush up or you're going to fall under scrutiny.

I'm in a similar situation in an even larger metro area. It's like 'Andy of Mayberry' around here. But that's why I moved here. I absolutely love it!

But the city and everything going down there, is at my feet. It's suffered a bit, but not like the cities with the more violent riots. Which is odd, given my city's reputation for crime.

So given my immediate locale, and my general proximity, I can relate to both realities. Which I like.

Welcome to DP shellgame of twenty-five posts.

Do you know I first envisioned my game of a dozen sets of chess with sea shells on slate from an old pool table?

Welcome to DP shellgame of twenty-five posts.

Do you know I first envisioned my game of a dozen sets of chess with sea shells on slate from an old pool table?

Thanks Exquisitor. I did not know that about your game, but I did read about it a little via the link in your signature. I have to admit it was a little much to try to understand. I used to play chess a lot but haven't played in awhile.

Thanks Exquisitor. I did not know that about your game, but I did read about it a little via the link in your signature. I have to admit it was a little much to try to understand. I used to play chess a lot but haven't played in awhile.

Chess is difficult to visualize without the pieces and a board before you.

Queensmove is even more confusing.

Chess is difficult to visualize without the pieces and a board before you.

Queensmove is even more confusing.

Plays like a charm though.

I fixed it up a bit.

Anything irregular chops up the read.

I thought I had it perfect long ago, but still find dozens to weed out.

Now its straight as an arrow.

Back
Top Bottom