• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Radio station tower(200 ft) stolen

Chock Full o Nuts

Voting for Pedro!
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
WJLX radio station sent a landscaping crew to the site Friday morning for spring cleaning, only to find the 200-foot radio tower gone.
That's some determined scrappers! Have to be a good sized, well organized crew to drop and haul that away, no one the wiser.
Assuming this station broadcast daily? This was hacked up and hauled away in one night?!
Going to have to disburse that far and wide to not raise a flag. But I still await them(or some of) to get popped.
Scrapping ill gotten items ain't as easy as it used to be.

"Unfortunately, the site was not insured. We're a small market station, but we're going to get back, and we're going to be back on the air as soon as we possibly can," Elmore said.
Surely there is some sort of liability insurance when you have a 200 ft tall structure, but I'd say to the question, "Would you like to include insurance against theft?"
..Nah, not gonna happen. Think again!:oops:

That's some determined scrappers! Have to be a good sized, well organized crew to drop and haul that away, no one the wiser.
Assuming this station broadcast daily? This was hacked up and hauled away in one night?!
Going to have to disburse that far and wide to not raise a flag. But I still await them(or some of) to get popped.

Surely there is some sort of liability insurance when you have a 200 ft tall structure, but I'd say to the question, "Would you like to include insurance against theft?"
What and how in the actual heck?!? Wow...

There's no way it left the site still intact and 200' long. That's more than half the length of a football field. Something that long would require a special-made hauler, not to mention the logistical nightmare of navigating to the destination. In fact I can't imagine they even took it down while it was still 200' long. It'd either wake the entire neighborhood when it crashed down, or they'd need to get a crane into and out of the scene without being detected which doesn't seem feasible. So I guess they must've climbed to the top and cut or disassembled it piece by piece. Freaking brazen!

Imagine the threads if this were in California.
California thread title:
"Environmentalists remove bird murdering structure, humanely sparing thousands of Starlings from konking themselves silly!"

Florida thread title:
"Woke migrant Democrats steal tower to cancel culture Glen Beck".

NYC thread title:
"There's still radio?"

Arkansas thread title:
"When will we be getting some radio?"

Delaware thread title:
Missing radio tower found in Biden's garage."

California thread title:
"Environmentalists remove bird murdering structure, humanely sparing thousands of Starlings from konking themselves silly!"

Florida thread title:

NYC thread title:
"There's still radio?"

Arkansas thread title:

Delaware thread title:

CA would be more like "Crime in woke states is completely out of control: now they steal towers!"

California thread title:

Florida thread title:

NYC thread title:
"There's still radio?"

Arkansas thread title:

Delaware thread title:
Texas thread title..

'2 million Mexicans come across border to steal radio tower.. Remember the Alamo'

Texas thread title..

'2 million Mexicans come across border to steal radio tower.. Remember the Alamo'
George W Bush official statement: "That radio tower hated freedom".

George Santos statement: "I invented radio, and towers".

Donald J Trump statement: "No one knows more about radio, believe me. People come up to me all the time, big grown men with tears in their eyes and say 'sir, how do you know so much about radio'"? My uncle Dr. John Turner, brilliant MIT scientist, great genes, told me about radio 35 years ago...Warton!".

Forum members weigh in...

@RedAkston "we are upgrading the radio tower. The forum will be down temporarily for an hour to three weeks."

@JANFU "Ukraine needed the aluminum for munitions kit."

@Luce @Hamish Howl did it; he knows he done it.

@Overitall "everyone have a nice evening".

Grandpappy "it was the commies!"

Monica33 "HI Grandpappy 👋 😉 "

@trixare4kids "I'm having quiche for Super Bowl."

@Helix "Pringles".

LOL people will literally steal anything in lawless Red State shitholes.

Last edited:

@RedAkston "we are upgrading the radio tower. The forum will be down temporarily for an hour to three weeks."

@Helix "Pringles".
Enjoy the rest of your evening.

@Helix "Pringles".
I done it.

It was cold and the children needed soup.

@Helix "Pringles".
Craig234.... Israel - wth did it...

How the hell does one steal a 200-foot-tall radio tower??

How the hell does one steal a 200-foot-tall radio tower??
Four guys with grinders and Sawzalls and a truck with a pipe rack. Most guys in construction could do it. Now why? Scrap? That doesn’t make a lot of sense. That’s maybe $500 in scrap as far as I can tell. Can’t imagine anyone would believe any place you could scrap it would be on notice.

Four guys with grinders and Sawzalls and a truck with a pipe rack. Most guys in construction could do it. Now why? Scrap? That doesn’t make a lot of sense. That’s maybe $500 in scrap as far as I can tell. Can’t imagine anyone would believe any place you could scrap it would be on notice.
Think it would take several more guys and trucks with many charged batteries and blades, or a generator or inverter, to disappear that in a night.
Scrap is the only real reasonable conclusion.
That's a lot of metal. Even with the low value of steel per pound, it's going to be  well over 500. I'd say 2k wouldnt be out of the question.

Maybe they were sick of AM radio shock jocks.

Maybe they were sick of AM radio shock jocks.
You may not be far off. The tower belonged to WJLX, who seem to be quite fond of religion:

On their Shows page right now:

Words of Truth - A daily broadcast from the Sixth Avenue Church of Christ in Jasper, AL
Learning to Lean on Jesus
Back to the Bible
Gospel Beyond the Cross

It may well have been a stunt by anti-religion extremists.

:eek:

BB1hZrjs.img

:rolleyes:

65c5a433cb7bb.image.jpg

Last edited:
Antenna on an outhouse?

Back
Top Bottom