• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

question: isn't REQUIRING a sonogram before an abortion (2 Viewers)

Condsidering how well Texas is doing economically as compared to the rest of the states, why would we?

We have a 20 billion dollar budget gap. A high rate of teen pregnancy and roughly 50% of all births are on medicaid.

Apologist semantics. I mostly prefer inflamatory.

Murder = unjustified killing.

I would say morally you are right, however technically you are not.

We have a 20 billion dollar budget gap. A high rate of teen pregnancy and roughly 50% of all births are on medicaid.

Great, how does the rest of the country compare?

the 14th.........

How absurd.
Section 1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.
Section 2. Representatives shall be apportioned among the several States according to their respective numbers, counting the whole number of persons in each State, excluding Indians not taxed. But when the right to vote at any election for the choice of electors for President and Vice President of the United States, Representatives in Congress, the Executive and Judicial officers of a State, or the members of the Legislature thereof, is denied to any of the male inhabitants of such State, being twenty-one years of age, and citizens of the United States, or in any way abridged, except for participation in rebellion, or other crime, the basis of representation therein shall be reduced in the proportion which the number of such male citizens shall bear to the whole number of male citizens twenty-one years of age in such State.
Section 3. No person shall be a Senator or Representative in Congress, or elector of President and Vice President, or hold any office, civil or military, under the United States, or under any State, who, having previously taken an oath, as a member of Congress, or as an officer of the United States, or as a member of any State legislature, or as an executive or judicial officer of any State, to support the Constitution of the United States, shall have engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same, or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof. But Congress may, by a vote of two-thirds of each House, remove such disability.
Section 4. The validity of the public debt of the United States, authorized by law, including debts incurred for payment of pensions and bounties for services in suppressing insurrection or rebellion, shall not be questioned. But neither the United States nor any State shall assume or pay any debt or obligation incurred in aid of insurrection or rebellion against the United States, or any claim for the loss or emancipation of any slave; but all such debts, obligations and claims shall be held illegal and void.
Section 5. The Congress shall have power to enforce, by appropriate legislation, the provisions of this article.

Please, for your sake learn what the 14th amendment is before you randomly throw it out there.

Last edited:
I live in Texas hence the we.

Ok, so you are just clueless about the state of affairs of the rest of the country? Or are you just being difficult?

Ok, so you are just clueless about the state of affairs of the rest of the country? Or are you just being difficult?

If you want to go look up what you requested be my guest. I was talking about Texas specifically responding to your post that was talking about Texas specifically.

I liked the pre-redaction.

I couldn't like his post post-redaction, but I could like your posted like. Of course, none of this actually exists because he was correct. I got past the open window but objective reality jumped.

Last edited:
Does anybody else have a problem with the fact that 50% of Texas births are funded by Medicaid?

Condsidering how well Texas is doing economically as compared to the rest of the states, why would we?

Great, how does the rest of the country compare?

You tell me, I don't live there.

Then why the "we"?

I live in Texas hence the we.

If you want to go look up what you requested be my guest. I was talking about Texas specifically responding to your post that was talking about Texas specifically.

Thanks for wasting a portion of my life, however small a portion. You didn't address the statement I made. My statement was a comparison to the rest of the country, If it were your intent to argue that, you would have made statement on how Texeas relates to the rest of the country. Instead, you just decided to harass me a little for no real, or contributory reason.

Congrats.

Last edited:
Well, at risk of offending the feminists who believe the knowledge level of all women is superb and infallible.....I believe that those that would offer abortion counseling are inclined to dehumanize or otherwise underrate the ZEF in question (not necessarily intentionally or for underhanded purposes). I feel it makes sense to provide the young lady the opportunity to judge for herself.

further: from a purely American perspective....she should also be able to shut her eyes and stick her fingers in her ears while singing a Katy Perry song while it's happening if she so chooses.

Well hell, why not force her to listen to the sound of a crying baby while you're at it?

Well hell, why not force her to listen to the sound of a crying baby while you're at it?

That doesn't really make any sense if you think about what you just said in context to the entirety of what I just said, now does it?

I think it would remind her of the humanity of that which grows within her far better than a sonogram -- which looks awfully damned abstract if you ask me.

I think it would remind her of the humanity of that which grows within her far better than a sonogram -- which looks awfully damned abstract if you ask me.

Abstract or not, the sound of the heart beat is pretty powerful. Have you ever heard it?

Thanks for wasting a portion of my life, however small a portion. You didn't address the statement I made. My statement was a comparison to the rest of the country, If it were your intent to argue that, you would have made statement on how Texeas relates to the rest of the country. Instead, you just decided to harass me a little for no real, or contributory reason.

Congrats.

Okay fine I'll spoon feed you. Texas ranks number 5 in the nation in teen pregnancy rates:

1. Nevada (113)
  2. Arizona (104)
  3. Mississippi (103)
  4. New Mexico (103)
  5. Texas (101)
  6. Florida (97)
  7. California (96)
  8. Georgia (95)
  9. North Carolina (95)
  10. Arkansas (93)
And number two in live births for the 15 - 19 year old range

1. Mississippi (71)
  2. Texas (69)
  3. Arizona (67)
  4. Arkansas (66)
  5. New Mexico (66)
  6. Georgia (63)
  7. Louisiana (62)
  8. Nevada (61)
  9. Alabama (61)
  10. Oklahoma (60)
Top 10 States With Highest Teenage Pregnancy and Birth Rates

Okay fine I'll spoon feed you. Texas ranks number 5 in the nation in teen pregnancy rates:

1. Nevada (113)
  2. Arizona (104)
  3. Mississippi (103)
  4. New Mexico (103)
  5. Texas (101)
  6. Florida (97)
  7. California (96)
  8. Georgia (95)
  9. North Carolina (95)
  10. Arkansas (93)
And number two in live births for the 15 - 19 year old range

1. Mississippi (71)
  2. Texas (69)
  3. Arizona (67)
  4. Arkansas (66)
  5. New Mexico (66)
  6. Georgia (63)
  7. Louisiana (62)
  8. Nevada (61)
  9. Alabama (61)
  10. Oklahoma (60)
Top 10 States With Highest Teenage Pregnancy and Birth Rates

Ok...I'll clarify....the statement was about ECONOMICS.

Ok...I'll clarify....the statement was about ECONOMICS.

Maybe we should switch over too economics related to the topic of abortion and relative issues like preventing abortion. Anyhows if memory serves correctly I think our budget gap of 20 billion is number 2 in the nation behind CA..

Maybe we should switch over too economics related to the topic of abortion and relative issues like preventing abortion. Anyhows if memory serves correctly I think our budget gap of 20 billion is number 2 in the nation behind CA..

You should talk to Tess about that, you see....... I was responding to her medicare statement/question.

Which is in line with population...do you think there's a correlation there? I'm not suggesting anything, just asking.

You should talk to Tess about that, you see....... I was responding to her medicare statement/question.

So do you or do you not have a problem with 50% of births in Texas being on medicaid?

You never actually answered the question.

So do you or do you not have a problem with 50% of births in Texas being on medicaid?

Hmmm... 50% of the births on medicaid?? Seems to me some serious pushing of safe sex would save the state some serious money.. I am quite certian that a condomn is a lot cheaper than a child birth.. Pushing safe sex would also help in the other areas.. Like reduce teem pregnancy.. Not to mention reduce the number of abortions.. It just makes me wonder why some people are against it?? Just saying..

Which is in line with population...do you think there's a correlation there? I'm not suggesting anything, just asking.

I think this is the wrong thread.

But it sounds interesting to explore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom