• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Public access censorship - which do you agree with?

Public access censorship - which do you agree with?

• Google results can warn about leftist ideologies and leave conservative ones alone

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Verizon (voice/texts) can flag leftists and leave conservatives alone

• Twitter can flag leftist posts and leave conservatives alone

• Private companies, when offering a public forum, can choose to censor based on politics

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

Rickeroo

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Trump wins here, brilliant move.

I think that online platforms should do more to curb conspiracy theories and disinformation. The President of the United States engages in both on a daily basis, and what Twitter did was the right thing.

For the sake of those of us with Tapatalk, what are the poll choices?

Sent from my cp3705A using Tapatalk

For the sake of those of us with Tapatalk, what are the poll choices?

Sent from my cp3705A using Tapatalk

it is a troll poll, there is nothing to vote on

Trump wins what? He's striking out against Free Speech and increasing government reach. I'm not sure that's a win.

I think that online platforms should do more to curb conspiracy theories and disinformation. The President of the United States engages in both on a daily basis, and what Twitter did was the right thing.

Mostly, it's their platform and if they want to label misinformation as misinformation, that's their call. Trump is just throwing a tantrum because he can't just throw out baseless propaganda whenever he wants via Twitter.

Looking forward when those same social media outlets hold non Republicans and non conservatives to the same standards.
Not holding my breath.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Then maybe you can explain how fact checking is “censorship.”

Because the facts the "fact checking" purports to be true is in itself suspect and NOT true.

Punkinhead should be banned from Twitter for ToS violations.

If they had done that, #Impeachment would have never been trending.

Well overall every individual needs to be able to express their opinions uncensored no matter how warped their reality is.

But how do you separate Trump's individual warped sense of reality and the President of.The United States. The president, with the power he welds, should be held to a higher standard. Trump is an idiot with idiotic ideas. Somebody has to call BS when it is the President of the United States talking.

So, social Media want's to become the Ministry of Truth?
Yeah, I'm kinda against that.

Should Social Media continue to behave as they have been, they will lose their 'carrier' legal protections, and will become subject to 'publisher' liabilities, fair enough, they want to make editorial decisions, that makes them a publisher and not a carrier.

Losing their 'carrier' status, means that they could be potentially legally liable for every copyright violation someone posts on their 'publishing platform'. Every time someone gets upset of what someone else posts, they could be inextricably pulled into the legal case.

Hell, isn't that about 3/4's (or more) of what goes on on Social Media on a daily basis, by thousands of their users?

I think the social media platforms should re-think this decision, really be more like a carrier; stop the banning, 'fact check marks', and all the rest.

Not sure if their leftist driven political nature is going to allow them to do that.

Back
Top Bottom