• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Proud to Be White?

NoMereRanger

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
Nowadays I get the sense that the "cool" thing to do is hate on white people simply for being white. We don't have to judge an individual for his actions or words, simply seeing that he is white is enough to solidify the belief that he must be less deserving of respect because he's one of "those" people.

So, all my fellow whities and pale skinned cretins, I must ask: Are you proud of yourself as a white individual, not simply because you are white, but because you are a white individual who deserves to be judged based on what you do, exactly the same as anyone else?

Nowadays I get the sense that the "cool" thing to do is hate on white people simply for being white. We don't have to judge an individual for his actions or words, simply seeing that he is white is enough to solidify the belief that he must be less deserving of respect because he's one of "those" people.

So, all my fellow whities and pale skinned cretins, I must ask: Are you proud of yourself as a white individual, not simply because you are white, but because you are a white individual who deserves to be judged based on what you do, exactly the same as anyone else?

So what have you done with your whiteness lately?

Nope, what I mainly care about is not being hassled. If what I'm doing is legal, leave me the heck alone.

I'm not "proud" to be anything. I just am what I am...like Popeye.

I neither define myself nor gauge my self worth (pride), nor anyone else, by the color of skin. I've never understood why a person would take pride in something that they had absolutely nothing to do with. We can take pride in our country if we vote, we work, and/or we serve the country or numerous other reasons. We can have pride in ourselves based on our accomplishments, our impact on others, or many other actions that we take.

But Race? That's luck of the draw at birth. Nothing to be proud of there, or to be ashamed of either, it's just life.

But, maybe that's just me.

No, I take no pride in having been born with immutable traits. I express pride only in accomplishments - my own as well as those of others.

Nowadays I get the sense that the "cool" thing to do is hate on white people simply for being white. We don't have to judge an individual for his actions or words, simply seeing that he is white is enough to solidify the belief that he must be less deserving of respect because he's one of "those" people. So, all my fellow whities and pale skinned cretins, I must ask: Are you proud of yourself as a white individual, not simply because you are white, but because you are a white individual who deserves to be judged based on what you do, exactly the same as anyone else?

Race never enters into my personal calculus. Perhaps your "sense" derives from leaning too-far to the right? Maybe you should stop projecting.

Race never enters into my personal calculus. Perhaps your "sense" derives from leaning too-far to the right? Maybe you should stop projecting.

My response is that if it makes you happy to project, then project. What do I care?

I neither define myself nor gauge my self worth (pride), nor anyone else, by the color of skin. I've never understood why a person would take pride in something that they had absolutely nothing to do with. We can take pride in our country if we vote, we work, and/or we serve the country or numerous other reasons. We can have pride in ourselves based on our accomplishments, our impact on others, or many other actions that we take.

But Race? That's luck of the draw at birth. Nothing to be proud of there, or to be ashamed of either, it's just life.

But, maybe that's just me.

So you(and everyone else so far) seems to be agreeing with me: Be judged on what you do and how you act, not what you look like?

Also, minor detail, I went to put an actual poll in but the thing timed out before I could submit it :2razz:

Actually it comes from dealing with a lot of a-holes and following the news but I'm glad your personal calculus is unblemished :applaud

What gets me is this white self loathing that's so cool with the Left. Wasn't it a DNC chair hopeful who said it's her job as a white person to shut up?
What?
It's like "Here, take my self worth. Here, take my country. I'm not worthy'.

It's like a piety competition. Who can exude the most white guilt.

I'm not sure what purpose it serves other than we elected a white man President after 8 years of a black President.
You know, "whitelash".

I've always been a bit disappointed in myself.

And the rest of humanity, especially those in charge for about the last 40 years.

What gets me is this white self loathing that's so cool with the Left. Wasn't it a DNC chair hopeful who said it's her job as a white person to shut up?
What?
It's like "Here, take my self worth. Here, take my country. I'm not worthy'.

It's like a piety competition. Who can exude the most white guilt.

I'm not sure what purpose it serves other than we elected a white man President after 8 years of a black President.
You know, "whitelash".

If we elect another black President after Trump, would that be considered "blacklash"?

Actually it comes from dealing with a lot of a-holes and following the news but I'm glad your personal calculus is unblemished :applaud

You came to us. If you don't want to know how folks feel, don't ask them.

If we elect another black President after Trump, would that be considered "blacklash"?

You'd have to ask the guy who proffered the theory...Van Jones.

I am proud of my accomplishments. Being white is not an accomplishment as I had nothing to do with that. I also am not ashamed of things I had nothing to do with.

Now, if I lived in a society where being white was a hinderance and I faced countless obstacles to achieving my goals because I was white, then I would probably be even MORE proud of my accomplishments. I am proud of of my accomplishments and the more obstacles I had to overcome to achieve those accomplishments the more proud I am.

It is that “overcoming obstacles” part that makes things like “black pride” or “gay pride” different than “white pride” in my book.

You came to us. If you don't want to know how folks feel, don't ask them.

I appreciate the insight into how you feel about this matter, I resent the implication that I, personally, am somehow projecting because I lean one way or the other. I am looking to discuss a topic. If you have something to say about it, leave it at that. It makes for a more productive discussion.

White is a genetic defect that will soon be bred out of the human race. "Say Goodbye!"

White is a genetic defect that will soon be bred out of the human race. "Say Goodbye!"

Is that you, Nancy? Please give your poor grandson a hug, mK? No little boy should be taught to hate the color of his skin or eyes.

No, I am more ashamed of my 3/4s that are white then at any other time in my life. I look at what is happening on the border and I pray for forgiveness.

Of course I'm proud to be white. Hispanics should be proud of their heritage. So should blacks and Asians. Native Americans should be proud of it. And there is nothing wrong with being proud of your country, or your sports team, or anything else. Just be proud in a respectful, modest way that acknowledges the pride others feel in what's important to them. No need to be arrogant about it; that just makes you look like an A-Hole.

Is that you, Nancy? Please give your poor grandson a hug, mK? No little boy should be taught to hate the color of his skin or eyes.

Not much of an anthropology buff; are ya?

Back
Top Bottom