• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Prostitution

Dude you know as well as I do that prop 108 in CA brought in all kinds of "carpetbaggers" like the Mormon church who heavily financed anti-prop 108 legislation to defeat it. It's not what the people of CA really wanted. But that's all moot now because thank goodness, due to enlightened thinkers, you can now marry whomever you love.

Something to be celebrated, IMO.

Well I am glad we can agree on something. Indeed, it is something to be celebrated, if only because I believe everyone should find love through healthy monogamous relationships, whether gay or straight. But even though the Mormon Church undertook a huge advertisement campaign, it was not legislators who were bought and sold. The decision was not made in the California legislature. Individual Californian citizens who may have been influenced by these advertisements, or may have had a preexisting animus towards the idea of gay marriage, went and voted away the rights of their fellow citizens. You can call them dupes. You can call them bigots. You can call them backwards. You can call them backwards bigoted dupes. But they still made that free decision for any number of reasons, and when the ballots were counted, the right of gay citizens to marry who they loved was dead.

So again, what a majority within any given society wants is not necessarily a good thing. So let us dispense with tyranny of the majority, and go back to discussing how best to determine whether any given policy is the correct one to be enacted, whether a majority of society wants it or not.

How many women are willing to give their husbands a hand job and an enema?Our needs have to be had somewhere.
Quite a few. I don't think you realize how large the kink community actually is.

Sent from my Z982 using Tapatalk

That depends on what they want to do to them.

Every young lady (of legal age) is an adventure unto herself. Each has a different story to tell, different physical features and details, some different, but subtle techniques in bed. The fun never ends!

Prostitution is illegal in most US states but:

Is there any valid argument against prostitution ?

Yes. It is disgusting, exploitative, bad for children, bad for those forced into it, bad for those who are addicted to it, and a blight on society.

That we even have a discussion about whether we should have it is sign of how far we've fallen as a society.

Yes. It is disgusting, exploitative, bad for children, bad for those forced into it, bad for those who are addicted to it, and a blight on society.

That we even have a discussion about whether we should have it is sign of how far we've fallen as a society.

Live in Realville. You can cry about a fallen society all day long, but that's what's on the menu in this day and age. Adapt. Learn to enjoy it if you can.

It's ALL opinion, yours, mine and anyone else. There is evidence on both sides of this argument. The public is pretty evenly divided. So quit with the holier than thou BS. And it's not about anybody's "shame"; where do you get that kind of crap" ? Projection? Btw; I stand by that post; what kind of loser are you if you have to pay for sex? It ain't that hard to get a woman of your own. I might add; there are plenty of women out there willing to give it up for free.

No, yours is an opinion based on your own emotional content and nothing more. Where as i have given link that are based on evidence.

For example your standing by a comment that demonstrates only your own feelings about prostitution rather than any look at why people would use a service.

Your trying for a moral superiority and yet only come off as a whinging complainer.

No, yours is an opinion based on your own emotional content and nothing more. Where as i have given link that are based on evidence.

For example your standing by a comment that demonstrates only your own feelings about prostitution rather than any look at why people would use a service.

Your trying for a moral superiority and yet only come off as a whinging complainer.

I will bow to your superior knowledge on this topic. I'm sure you're much more familiar with it than I am.

I do reject traditional morality. I like to consider myself a fan of Cartesian scepticism. I don't accept anything on the basis of 'just because', or 'because this is how we have always thought', and I'm constantly reavulating things that I hold as truths. This does cause me to shift wildly in my views from time to time . . . err, advocating for the harrassment of public figures would be a good example of that. (Oh, by the way, if I never get back to that thread, then know that I concede.)

Hey, DH Kirkwood, I failed to address your last comment. It's A-OK. There have been several topics that I wanted to address but life just gets in the way and by the time I have the available time to address it, the moment has passed and new major topics of debate rear their heads. I presume it happens to most folks here with busy lives, not just me.

It ain't that hard to get a woman of your own. I might add; there are plenty of women out there willing to give it up for free.

Incels would disagree with you. They're even organizing now.

And going around killing because they cant get any. Maybe if prostitution were more socially acceptable, these losers would get the release they need until they are mature enough to actually get a woman.

Losers who want to degrade and exhibit power over women.

You still cant force yourself on her. If she can pick and choose, and you pay her....she's got the power.

When you go to a prostitute, you are paying for pure fantasy....always. It's business for her...she doesnt 'admire' you...she probably rarely even respects most johns.

They say rape is about power and control. Paying for sex is like rape but paying for the power and control, instead of just taking it.

You have no power and control unless you break the law. If she says stop, you stop.

SHE has the power here, you pay her for a service. And she can accept or deny you and your $.

Incels would disagree with you. They're even organizing now.

And going around killing because they cant get any. Maybe if prostitution were more socially acceptable, these losers would get the release they need until they are mature enough to actually get a woman.

With that attitude they'll never get a woman!!!!

You have no power and control unless you break the law. If she says stop, you stop.

SHE has the power here, you pay her for a service. And she can accept or deny you and your $.

That ain't how it usually works. Men who frequent prostitutes don't take no for an answer. They pay for what they want and intend to get it. It's one reason they have so much trouble getting a woman of their own.

That ain't how it usually works. Men who frequent prostitutes don't take no for an answer. They pay for what they want and intend to get it. It's one reason they have so much trouble getting a woman of their own.

Wow, you just dont get what legitimacy and transparency and paid security mean, do you?

If a woman doesnt like or want any of that, in a legal trade, she can now call the police.

Wow, you just dont get what legitimacy and transparency and paid security mean, do you?

If a woman doesnt like or want any of that, in a legal trade, she can now call the police.

No she won't. You will end up with a few that do, and they won't get much trade. The vast majority will put up with the crap, and do whatever their customer wants. And if they're working for someone, or in a brothel, and they won't "please" the customer, then they're out.

Where do you get your information? Clients behave during their sessions or they don't get any of what they're paying for. Are some providers assaulted? Unfortunately, yes. People are assaulted in non sex worker situations as well. Most smart providers know how to screen their clients for their own safety.

You're just wrong.

Prostitution is illegal in most US states but:

Is there any valid argument against prostitution ?

I sat in on a lecture from an author who had researched the way prostitution operates even in countries where it's legal. Her anti-pro conclusion was that even when it's legal, you still get scumbag criminals dealing in abducted women, children, etc.

I still feel it's a crime different in kind from other crimes, because it is based on an exchange of services. Still, most people would rather exchange almost any other type of service rather than getting banged for bucks, so there's a case to be made that it goes against the nature of most, though not all, people.

Well I am glad we can agree on something. Indeed, it is something to be celebrated, if only because I believe everyone should find love through healthy monogamous relationships, whether gay or straight. But even though the Mormon Church undertook a huge advertisement campaign, it was not legislators who were bought and sold. The decision was not made in the California legislature. Individual Californian citizens who may have been influenced by these advertisements, or may have had a preexisting animus towards the idea of gay marriage, went and voted away the rights of their fellow citizens. You can call them dupes. You can call them bigots. You can call them backwards. You can call them backwards bigoted dupes. But they still made that free decision for any number of reasons, and when the ballots were counted, the right of gay citizens to marry who they loved was dead.

So again, what a majority within any given society wants is not necessarily a good thing. So let us dispense with tyranny of the majority, and go back to discussing how best to determine whether any given policy is the correct one to be enacted, whether a majority of society wants it or not.

You call this the "tyranny of the majority" only because you disagree with it. You are not going to stop prostitution. It's not going to happen. Might as well legalize it and make it a safer hobby for both users and providers. It's the logical thing to do. It's the right thing to do, and because prostitution is never going away, it's the morally correct thing to do. Decriminalize it, regulate it, and tax it. Just like weed, just like booze.

You still cant force yourself on her. If she can pick and choose, and you pay her....she's got the power.

When you go to a prostitute, you are paying for pure fantasy....always. It's business for her...she doesnt 'admire' you...she probably rarely even respects most johns.

There are places where she doesn't have much power. If there are not enough johns to go around, she either jumps on the opportunity or she gets evicted from her place. It's not fantasy about a tight, near perfect body, different sexual techniques, demanding and getting bareback, etc. The perfect test of a totally compliant provider is to demand she get on her knees and give a BBBJ as soon as she walks in the door. If she even hesitates, tell her "no deal".

You might describe the "pay in advance" scene in the USA, but what good is it if she keeps "all the power"? That scene doesn't seem worth the bother.

Where do you get your information? Clients behave during their sessions or they don't get any of what they're paying for. Are some providers assaulted? Unfortunately, yes. People are assaulted in non sex worker situations as well. Most smart providers know how to screen their clients for their own safety.

You're just wrong.

That's not the picture painted by the documentaries on the sex trade. Looks pretty brutal to me.

Actually, men do take no for an answer. That's especially true in a pay after arrangement. If there's anything a guy doesn't like about a provider, paying her a partial consolation payment for her to arrange a friend that fits the guy's specifications is an option.

Back
Top Bottom