• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Proof Matthews is a clown

Perhaps that makes sense to you. What you just said makes no sense in any way shape or form to me. Could you offer some detailed explanation for your final sentence?
Well I could but....
I make it a practice to not allow meaningless trivia to take up space in my head.
...why bother.

I don't subscribe to Chris Matthews' theory that people who support Romney are racist.

That is wonderful and is your right to believe what you want to believe. Now could you please answer this

Do you subscribe the the theory that what has happened before has no effect on the here and now?

That is wonderful and is your right to believe what you want to believe. Now could you please answer this

Do you subscribe the the theory that what has happened before has no effect on the here and now?

I don't think anything is racist about people supporting Romney over Obama. I think Chris Matthews is a very sick man.

He's an Obama toady of the worst kind. Racial hatred as a reason to opposing Obama is less prevalent than racism is a reason for his support

Did I miss the part of your post where you supplied verifiable evidence for this allegation of comparability?

I don't think anything is racist about people supporting Romney over Obama. I think Chris Matthews is a very sick man.

So if I were to provide links which are blatantly racist and advocate that Romney be supported because he is not --- "a nigger" to use the term on the websites - then I would be making them up or creating them out of whole cloth just for the purposes of showing you are wrong?

Did I miss the part of your post where you supplied verifiable evidence for this allegation of comparability?

Its my opinion. disagree with it if you like. But I believe that far more people voted for Obama due to his race than against him.

In 2008, the rate of black support for Obama was around 95%. That was up a few percentage points of black support for Kerry and Gore. So the fact that Obama was black probably explains that increase. But more importantly, the NUMBER OF BLACKS who showed up to vote was far far higher in 2008 than in 06, 04, and 2010

Example. in 2006, Congressman Steven Chabot won another term to Ohio's First Congressional district. Black support of Mr. Chabot's opponent was very high. In 2008 Steven Driehaus -who billed himself as a pro gun pro life democrat-won the election mainly due to a massive increase in blacks. The percentage of Black support of the dem candidate was not much difference than in 06 and 04, but the numbers were huge. In 2010 Chabot handily beat Driehaus. The percentage of blacks voting for Driehaus was about the same, the NUMBERS were far lower

so the fact that Obama was on the ticket, caused Blacks to turn out in far higher numbers than they did when he was not on the ticket

Furthermore, several prominent black conservatives or moderate Republicans Like Armstrong williams said he was supporting Obama.

Why black Republicans support Obama

Calvin Stephens, chairman of the African-American Republican Leadership Council in Texas, said that he’s voting for Obama because this is a “black pride moment!”

I don't recall anyone who was white who normally voted Democrat claiming they were voting for McCain because he was white

So if I were to provide links which are blatantly racist and advocate that Romney be supported because he is not --- "a nigger" to use the term on the websites - then I would be making them up or creating them out of whole cloth just for the purposes of showing you are wrong?

IF you provide me links to sick racists who advocate Romney, am I supposed to think along with Chris Matthews that the increased support for Romney is because of racists supporting Romney?

That's quite a mind game you've got going on in there. Are you selling a lot of tickets?

If I am a white person who voted for Obama in 2008 and I have decided to vote for Romney this year, does that make me a racist?

If I am a white person who voted for Obama in 2008 and I have decided to vote for Romney this year, does that make me a racist?

I will be glad to answer your question and can only hope that you will then answer mine which preceded it: of course it does not make you a racist in and of itself.

Now your turn: So if I were to provide links which are blatantly racist and advocate that Romney be supported because he is not --- "a nigger" to use the term on the websites - then I would be making them up or creating them out of whole cloth just for the purposes of showing you are wrong?

I will be glad to answer your question and can only hope that you will then answer mine which preceded it: of course it does not make you a racist in and of itself.

Now your turn: So if I were to provide links which are blatantly racist and advocate that Romney be supported because he is not --- "a nigger" to use the term on the websites - then I would be making them up or creating them out of whole cloth just for the purposes of showing you are wrong?

Then tell us what Chris Matthews is talking about. Do you agree with him?

Its my opinion. disagree with it if you like.

thank you for clarifying that. If it is only your personal belief and you have no evidence to present to support it, there is no reason to agree or disagree with it. Matters of faith are something I try to avoid arguing about.

Then tell us what Chris Matthews is talking about. Do you agree with him?

You ask questions and I answer them. Why do you not do so in return?

You posted this

I don't think anything is racist about people supporting Romney over Obama.

So let us be very clear about this: If I can post websites where Obama is called "a nigger" - which is the word they use - and they urge white people to vote against him for that reason - then will you admit that there are racists supporting Romney Obama with the evidence staring you in the face?

thank you for clarifying that. If it is only your personal belief and you have no evidence to present to support it, there is no reason to agree or disagree with it. Matters of faith are something I try to avoid arguing about.

I suspect you didn't read my full opinion which is based on fact From those fact I drew a rational conclusion.

You ask questions and I answer them. Why do you not do so in return?

You posted this

So let us be very clear about this: If I can post websites where Obama is called "a nigger" - which is the word they use - and they urge white people to vote against him for that reason - then will you admit that there are racists supporting Romney Obama with the evidence staring you in the face?

Then ask me a sane question.

Then ask me a sane question.

A sane question?

What are you implying in that?

You stated this

I don't think anything is racist about people supporting Romney over Obama.

taking your own post, I have asked you this several times now

That is a sane question. I am sane. Why can't you give a straight answer like I provided to you when you asked me a question?

That is a sane question. I am sane. Why can't you give a straight answer like I provided to you when you asked me a question?

I agree it's a reasonable question... My answer to it is, that racism exists on both sides of the isle equally and always will, but it isn't prevalent enough to even discuss.

I agree it's a reasonable question... My answer to it is, that racism exists on both sides of the isle equally and always will, but it isn't prevalent enough to even discuss.

And your evidence of this finding would be what exactly?

So you are woefully impotent to explain your thoughts, your claims and your allegations. Fine. I can accept that.
Let's see if you can accept not having the last word...

So I guess there is no hatred of Obama and none of it is based on race?
What is your evidence to support your claim that there is no hatred of Obama and none of it is based on race?

A sane question?

What are you implying in that?

You stated this

taking your own post, I have asked you this several times now

Your scenario has nothing to do with anything. Chris Matthews is a very sick man. Romney is gaining support.

Chris Matthews is a disgrace... That asshat actually pulled the race card after tonights debate

Chris Matthews: "Racial Hatred" For Obama Makes Right Want To Get Rid Of Obama | RealClearPolitics

I'm sure your proud of him SB.

Misleading title is misleading. The gist of the video is that the conservatives hated Obama and they are will to let Romney do whatever he feels like, say whatever he feels like to win the election. Does he mention that there are racists in the south who hate Obama? Yes, but that shouldn't be a shocker here. The REAL shocker should be how far to the center they are letting Mitt Romney go, just to win the election.

Misleading title is misleading. The gist of the video is that the conservatives hated Obama and they are will to let Romney do whatever he feels like, say whatever he feels like to win the election. Does he mention that there are racists in the south who hate Obama? Yes, but that shouldn't be a shocker here. The REAL shocker should be how far to the center they are letting Mitt Romney go, just to win the election.

Chris Matthews mentions racial hatred behind Romney's momentum. Can you make his case?

Chris Matthews mentions racial hatred behind Romney's momentum. Can you make his case?

"Well, I think they're more political than either you or I," Chris Matthews said about conservatives. "I think they hate Obama. They want him out of the White House more than they want to destroy al-Qaeda. Their number one enemy in the world right now, on the right, is their hatred, hatred for Obama. And we can go into that about the white working class in the south about looking at these numbers we've been getting the last couple days, about racial hatred, in many cases. This isn't about being a better president, they want to get rid of this president. That's their number one goal and they're willing to let Romney go to the hard center, even to the left on some issues, as long as they get rid of this guy."

"Romney went in there tonight with 16 ounce gloves. He didn't want to look too ferocious, he just wanted to win. And the way he wanted to win was not making himself into the right-winger that the right wing that's supporting him really are," Matthews also said.

Show me where he mentions Romney's momentum. He is saying that conservatives are letting Romney say whatever he wants, just to get rid of Obama because they hate him, not because they love Romney.

Back
Top Bottom