• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Pro lifers too judgemental

There is plenty wrong with abortion. Put it up for adoption.

I am adopted and would never inflict that on a child. Besides, I'm unwilling to risk my life gestating and giving birth. Prove there is something wrong with abortion.

The casual attitude that you have toward taking a life is remarkable. That aborted baby is a child growing in the womb. It is a life and by everyones standard will be a person, and the fact that it isn't yet, born, shouldn't make the decision to end it's life so valueless.

Why don't you tell us exactly why your religion gives you the right to decide women must produce a child from every pregnancy. Why is your religion so much more just, humane, intelligent, ethical, and sacred in the eyes of a God that has said nothing about abortion that it takes precedence over woman's decision to abort an because she knows she would be exposing a child to a life of abuse, poverty, insecurity, or constant pain and chaos. And why do you even want to wreck vengeance on families you don't know.

Yours is a hubris of breathtaking arrogance.

Last edited:
There is plenty wrong with abortion. Put it up for adoption.

There's plenty wrong with adoption. Both the child being adopted and the woman giving up a child for adoption suffer emotional trauma, and studies show a woman giving up a child for adoption suffers far worse trauma than having an abortion. Criminalizing abortion is unlikely to force more women to give up their children for adoption. And no woman is obligated to endure the physical risks and damages from pregnancy/childbirth just because someone else wants a baby.

I have been on this website for a few years reading pro life comments and attitudes towards unexpected pregnancies, and I went to high school with many pregnant teenage girls. I was recently thinking about a lot of pregnant teenage girls I went to high school, and all the judgement they went through.

One of my friends, I know for a fact, she was so ashamed, embarrassed, and felt like a failure for having a pregnancy. She hid her pregnancy for the longest time. She basically hid it until she was starting to show. When she finally went to the gynecologist, which was the first time in her whole life, the gynecologist said, "this is a mistake you can't undo."

She was really offended, and felt judged all the time.

I feel like there is way too much unhealthy judgement towards women and girls for simply having an unplanned pregnancy. I also feel the judgmental attitudes are far more common in pro life and religious people. A pro choice person tends to say, "it's your choice, and I respect your decision." A pro life person doesn't see an unplanned pregnancy that way. They probably view it as a huge tragedy and inconvenience (which is pro life language), and the pregnancy is just a consequence a girl has to deal with and has no choice about it.

What are your thoughts on this?

What's wrong with judging someone?

Back
Top Bottom