• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

President Trump May Pitch Comprehensive Immigration Reform in Address

Mac77

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Donald Trump State of the Union: Immigration Reform Pitch | Time.com

Trump told the anchors that getting an immigration bill done would require "a softening on both sides. There's got to be a coming together,” CNN reported. Trump is not inclined to include a path to citizenship for most of the people in the U.S. illegally, according to reports, but would consider providing one for those who were brought to the U.S. as children by their parents. Trump has promised to treat those immigrants “in a very humane way.”

I am firmly against a pathway to citizenship for any illegal alien who is allowed to remain in this country.

And no green cards for any illegal alien till the wall is finished

One more thing

If we do provide green cards to illegal aliens then there must be no immigration visa to an equal number of applicants from that country

Meaning if 1,000,000 mexicans apply for amnesty then 1,000,000 fewer mexicans are allowed to immigrate from mexico as compensation

I am firmly against a pathway to citizenship for any illegal alien who is allowed to remain in this country.

One more thing

If we do provide green cards to illegal aliens then there must be no immigration visa to an equal number of applicants from that country

Meaning if 1,000,000 mexicans apply for amnesty then 1,000,000 fewer mexicans are allowed to immigrate from mexico as compensation

Your last line... that seems very cruel to me. The cheaters benefit. The honest get screwed. I couldn't support that. BUT I like the idea of a quid pro quo. Something different?

Your last line... that seems very cruel to me. The cheaters benefit. The honest get screwed. I couldn't support that. BUT I like the idea of a quid pro quo. Something different?

If it is cruel blame the illegal aliens who broke the law to come here illegally

They are the ones who cheated by jumping to the front of the line

But if we don't want to penalize honest immigrants what penality should the cheaters pay?

How about a ban on the pathway to citizenship reward?

Let the illegals remain but never be anything more than green card holders if they behave themselves

Last edited:

Its funny Im reading it as "brutal" too, but I dont think he meant it in that way, I think I see where hes coming from.

Generically speaking, we allow 1mill immigrants a year in the country. That legally apply that is, We allow, these million illegals a pathway, then our "Quota" for the Year is filled, We cant just double up our quota since they are here already.

I agree Mac77, I do not agree for a pathway for illegals, if they are illegals, they need to go through the proper process by applying and registering like any normal visa/green card process. My wife, went through the Visa process, it took 1 year before I could see her, It took 2 years to get her green card...... Why should she have gone through the process, why did I have to pay the thousands of dollars to process here visa and green card if illegals are going to get a "free" pathway.....

I hear the people that cry about "separating" their families, BUT, they knowingly, violated the law, THIS is the consequences, So just because it a family issue, and it breaks hearts, it doesnt negate the fact that they tried to circumvent the law.

Its like a DUI, you knowingly chose to drink and drive, The consequences if caught are to lose your license, if you lose your license the repercussions from your job and your family can be great. BUT that is the choice you made to violate the law.

I just dont understand how people cant accept consequences. If the are fearful they should have followed the law and they would have never had to worry.... pretty simple.

This post may sound cruel, and unconstitutional, but, again we are a nation of immigrants, my wife legally migrated here, and went through all the process to get her green card, my close friend went through the same process with his wife. We are a nation of laws with consequences as well, My wife pays taxes, pays for health insurance like a normal US citizen.....to perpetuate our nation, Why should we be tolerant of those that do not......

If it is cruel blame the illegal aliens who broke the law to come here illegally

They are the ones cheated by jumping to the front of the line

But if we don't want to penalize honest immigrants what penality should the cheaters pay?

How about a ban on the pathway to citizenship reward?

Let the illegals remain but never be anything more than green card holders if they behave themselves

I like that a LOT! Yes! Most especially "if they behave themselves." You ought to write the POTUS. Seriously.

IF cheaters are allowed to stay and gain legal status, they have to forfeit at least a good part of any government benefits to which they would be entitled.

One more thing

A high fine would be okay by me, after which they can stay, if they have committed no further crimes and have work.

All of these compromises are off the table till the border is secured

If the wall is not finished and fully functioning then illegal aliens get zero consessions

Last edited:
IF cheaters are allowed to stay and gain legal status, they have to forfeit at least a good part of any government benefits to which they would be entitled.

That could be a problem re equal treatment under the law . . . . .?

A high fine would be okay by me, after which they can stay, if they have committed no further crimes and have work.

Sure

But they do not deserve citizenship

Just being allowed to remain legally is all they should get

That could be a problem re equal treatment under the law . . . . .?

Liberals will complain and who knows what the unelected gods on the supreme court will say

but illegals do not deserve any public assistance

Liberals will complain and who knows what the unelected gods on the supreme court will say

but illegals do not deserve any public assistance

Should Illegal, Migrants receive the same benefits as Legal Migrants???

Pretty simple questions.

Illegal vs Legal, Why have laws if we cannot enforce them and have people follow them. It defeats the purpose and devalues the whole system. These people are coming to a country with expectations to live a better life, yet they want to take advantage of the system of laws, does that not in fact devalue the life they were looking for? There will be a point when it collapses and whos fault will it be?

Sure

But they do not deserve citizenship

Just being allowed to remain legally is all they should get

Citizenship should take time and a track record.

Unfortunately not true, If you are born, with parents that are citizens, you are automatically a citizen, If you are born in this country, you are citizen.

I agree... Citizenship should take time and be earned, if you are NOT following even the basics of being a citizen, you should not automatically be one. If you violate a law..... how can you automatically be a citizen.... Sounds disturbing I know, but just trying to make a point. No one is accountable for their actions, they do not accept consequences, they just expect a government to take their side. If the Government doesnt then they form a SWJ group to say they deserve it, even if they dont....

One more thing

If any means "ANY" .. then I'm with you ... but your post ends with only comments about Mexicans ... so I'm confused

Should Illegal, Migrants receive the same benefits as Legal Migrants???

Pretty simple questions.

Illegal vs Legal, Why have laws if we cannot enforce them and have people follow them. It defeats the purpose and devalues the whole system. These people are coming to a country with expectations to live a better life, yet they want to take advantage of the system of laws, does that not in fact devalue the life they were looking for? There will be a point when it collapses and whos fault will it be?

I tend to believe that being born in a country should establish choice of citizenship, though.

I wonder how long before the slower among us really get that there will never be a wall. Obviously never seen the actual border.

They should forfet ALL government subsidies or be depoerted

No free rides for illegal aliens

For illegal aliens citizenship should never happen

A lifetme greencard is more than generous for immiogration cheats

If any means "ANY" .. then I'm with you ... but your post ends with only comments about Mexicans ... so I'm confused

They are just an example

It could be any nationality

I tend to believe that being born in a country should establish choice of citizenship, though.

You know there a chinese women who fly to America just to have their baby and obtain citizenship

That has to stop

All of these compromises are off the table till the border is secured
In the wast majority of the world, the borders are secured by the military. We certainly would not need a wall and it would be good exercise/maneuvers. It is the military's duty to protect the nation. Then again when I see that military bases are guarded by civilian contractors, I feel like screaming.

Back
Top Bottom