• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Poll: More voters oppose Kavanaugh’s nomination than support it

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
https://thehill.com/homenews/news/407691-poll-kavanaughs-support-for-scotus-confirmation-underwater

More American voters now oppose Judge Brett Kavanaugh’s nomination to the Supreme Court than support it, according to a new NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll released Thursday.

The poll, which was conducted after Christine Blasey Ford accused the nominee of sexually assaulting her in the 1980s, found that 38 percent of registered voters oppose his nomination, compared with 34 percent who support it, just beyond the margin of error of +/- 3.3 percent.
======================================
The simple fact that the 2 classmates that were in that bedroom during the assault refuse to testify tells me that this guy is likely guilty & is lying about it for political & personal reasons.

https://thehill.com/homenews/news/407691-poll-kavanaughs-support-for-scotus-confirmation-underwater

More American voters now oppose Judge Brett Kavanaugh’s nomination to the Supreme Court than support it, according to a new NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll released Thursday.

The poll, which was conducted after Christine Blasey Ford accused the nominee of sexually assaulting her in the 1980s, found that 38 percent of registered voters oppose his nomination, compared with 34 percent who support it, just beyond the margin of error of +/- 3.3 percent.
The simple fact that the 2 classmates that were in that bedroom during the assault refuse to testify tells me that this guy is likely guilty & is lying about it for political & personal reasons.

The one named Mark Judge is a real piece of work.
https://www.thecut.com/2018/09/kavanaugh-alleged-accomplice-mark-judges-writing-on-assault.html
According to Christine Blasey Ford, the woman who accused SCOTUS nominee Brett Kavanaugh of sexually assaulting her when she was 15 and he was 17, Kavanaugh wasn’t the only man in the room when he allegedly held her down and “fumbled with her clothes, seemingly hindered by his intoxication.” Ford says conservative writer Mark Judge, Kavanaugh’s friend and classmate from Georgetown Preparatory School, who now writes for websites like the Daily Caller and once authored a book about his personal struggle with alcoholism as a teenager, was also present.

According to Ford, Judge stood across the room and turned up the music to drown out her yelling, while he and Kavanaugh, both of whom were drunk, “laughed maniacally.” Judge then allegedly proceeded to jump on Ford and Kavanaugh twice, which toppled over the latter and helped Ford free herself. (Kavanaugh “categorically and unequivocally” denies the allegations.)

Judge said the accusations are “absolutely nuts” in an interview with the Weekly Standard, insisting that he “never saw Brett act that way.” But the writer’s public musings on sexual assault and masculinity bring into question the merit of his views on sexual assault.
He trotted out the myth that revealing clothes could lead to assault.

In a piece from 2017, Judge wrote that “what women wear and their body language also send signals about their sexuality.” While he also explicitly wrote several times in one paragraph that women shouldn’t be raped, he followed each statement with a hard “but.”

“… Women who dress like prostitutes are also sending out signals,” he wrote. “The signal is not that they should be raped. But if a posture while drinking coffee is indicative of the soul and personality within, than so is marching down the street in your underwear.”
No wonder he won't testify.

Since the then teenage Dr. Ford was wearing a swimsuit at the time, she probably qualified as rape bait in his mind.

What? One guy that was supposedly in the room (according to Dr. Ford) says he doesn't remember it happening. And, that tells you that it happened, and that Kavanaugh is guilty and is lying?

That's a unique deductive reasoning process you have going there.

What? One guy that was supposedly in the room (according to Dr. Ford) says he doesn't remember it happening. And, that tells you that it happened, and that Kavanaugh is guilty and is lying?

The reason for suspicion is that he also said that he's not willing to say that under oath.

Know what makes it even more "unique"? That Ms. Ford has also refused to testify. Why isn't she deemed as "lying about it for political & personal reasons"?

The reason for suspicion is that he also said that he's not willing to say that under oath.

Link? I recall him saying that he doesn't want to testify, but I don't recall hearing anything about him saying he's not willing to say that under oath.

Know what makes it even more "unique"? That Ms. Ford has also refused to testify. Why isn't she deemed as "lying about it for political & personal reasons"?

Dr. Ford.

He sees that perjury trap just ahead of him.

I thought she said she would testify, but wanted an FBI investigation first? If this is true, I can understand given that Trump supporters are threatening to kill her.

Since the then teenage Dr. Ford was wearing a swimsuit at the time, she probably qualified as rape bait in his mind.

Could be. I think the suit indicates that the party house had a swimming pool as well as kegs of beer etc etc. She wasn't wearing a swimsuit at 15 to be sexy.

I thought she said she would testify, but wanted an FBI investigation first? If this is true, I can understand given that Trump supporters are threatening to kill her.

She said that she would testify...then when the opportunity came along to do just that she backed out saying that she wanted the FBI to investigate first..after the FBI already stated that they're not going to as it is not their jurisdiction to do so. Saying that you will testify and then when given the opportunity to do so backing out is imo far more suspicious than just refusing to do so from the get go, particularly since if the reason that you don't want to is simply because you don't remember any of it happening. What's the use of testifying if you don't remember the subject matter happening?

??? Does it really matter if I address her as "Dr. Ford" vs Ms. Ford? They are both appropriate to use last I knew.

She earned her Ph.D. It matters.

??? Does it really matter if I address her as "Dr. Ford" vs Ms. Ford? They are both appropriate to use last I knew.

Academics & medical professionals expect a certain deference when it comes to forms of address.

That only proves that the more gullible of voters are buying the Democrat BS they are being fed.

I see you've already tired and convicted Kavanaugh. Apparently "innocent until proven guilty" doesn't exist in your world.

So tell me: what do you think of the allegations against the Democrats' Muslim star Keith Ellison?

Academics & medical professionals expect a certain deference when it comes to forms of address.

Don't care what they expect. :shrug: I'd imagine that Senators and Presidents expect the same, yet we all constantly just refer to them by just their names.

??? Does it really matter if I address her as "Dr. Ford" vs "Ms. Ford"? They are both appropriate to use last I knew.

When it’s a leftist with a useless degree it’s an ego thing

All this proves is that character assassination works. It always has.

Trot out an alleged, never-reported sex offense and viola! It must be true.

What's that song the Left likes to sing? "This is what Democracy looks like?"

Funny how people don't realize that opening this kind of Pandora's Box using the Court of Public Opinion can easily backfire.

Last edited:

Funny how people don't realize that this kind of thing can backfire.
And it’s a minority of people who oppose, so when you think about the people who don’t care either way, opposition doesn’t bring their vote to you.

What's that song the Left likes to sing? "This is what Democracy looks like?"

Funny how people don't realize that opening this kind of Pandora's Box can backfire.

I'm going to state right here, right now, that I see the same things happening in the future when Democrats gain control. Only difference is that it will be Republicans denouncing the accused and supporting the accuser while the Democrats support the accused and denouncing the accuser. My thoughts then, as they are now, will be that I want PROOF.

'I don't recall' is standard D.C. evasive response.

Back
Top Bottom