• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Police Shootings and Media Stupidity

what does that have to do with anything. even under the bannerrhoid wet dream society, cops would still be armed

I'm just happy to see another idiot fired for not being a professional. The more the better. There's way too many Good, Professional Law Enforcement Officers out there having their reputation rouiened over scared cowards with badges.

"F" him, I hope Buba makes this coward his Girlfriend ... Long Time :mrgreen:

Yes, I have heard the stories of dogs that have bitten family members and it is always the dog that ends up paying the price, but if one were to truly dig into the situation you almost always discover that the issue leads back to the owners of the dog.

"Bitten" family members? Biting is a problem with other dogs......pit bulls are different.

Getting real.........the problem with PIT BULLS is that, unlike normal dogs, they don't just "bite."

The problem is that they often maul, hospitalize or KILL family members.......and, as I clearly have shown over the length of this thread, the incidents are LEGION and the numbers are shocking. NO OTHER.......NO OTHER DOG has a record even close to the pit bull.

Do some research and you'll find your opinions of pit bulls based on your limited experience are misleading you.

Most of the maimed victims or the people with maimed or dead children shared your misguided opinions until the pit bull suddenly showed them a side of its personality that had never before surfaced........and the horrific maulings happen without warning.

As I said before.......go to the pit bull thread.......read the many links there........and learn.

:2usflag:

It would be pretty awful if I could. Would not expect a cop-killer to go free.

Abused black people??? If they were abused it's because they were resisting arrest.

And you know this from what study? You are pretty naive. I was nearly shot by white cops when I thought of running away from them. My bad. Only problem was they were in plainclothes and didn't identify themselves as cops. I thought they were muggers. The world is not as simple as you describe it. Cops are human, subject to all the fears and prejudices that the rest of us have. That is why a statement like "if they were abused it's because they were resisting arrest," is naive... the certainty of that absurdity is dangerous to all of us. Judge each incident on its own.

I do judge each incident on its own.

For the past few years we have seen many highly publicized incidents where black men died.........and again and again--when the FACTS finally come out--it almost ALWAYS turns out that the black man was resisting arrest.

Hey......obey the cop and you'll stay alive.

You don't need even a grade school education to figure that one out.

I do judge each incident on its own.

For the past few years we have seen many highly publicized incidents where black men died.........and again and again--when the FACTS finally come out--it almost ALWAYS turns out that the black man was resisting arrest.

Hey......obey the cop and you'll stay alive.

You don't need even a grade school education to figure that one out.

Disobeying a cop is not a capital offense. As I said before, where are the unarmed white guys shot in the back?

Most white guys aren't doing the crimes and when they do they're resisting arrest and not trying to kill cops.

Review cop-killing statistics above.

Lesson: Don't take a position based on emotion and denial of facts.

Most white guys aren't doing the crimes and when they do they're resisting arrest and not trying to kill cops.

Fact: 55% of murderers executed since 1976 were white. Fact: By your stats most cops killers are not black, are killed by whites, despite the disproportionate number of those killed by blacks you quote. Fact: Cops have reason to be afraid. Fact, young black men have reason to fear cops if they have been paying attention. Fact: You have offered no example of cops shooting unarmed white guys, tho I have to assume it has occurred.

A reasonable conclusion is that prejudice affects law encpforcement. What is your conclusion about all this? That people should not complain when, as happened recently, a white cop shot an unarmed black passenger in a vehicle? (He was dismissed and was apparently charged.). My conclusion is that we should punish people who murder cops and cops who murder people. Do you have a problem with that, or should police get a pass when they break the law? Are you arguing that there is something defective with black people?

This seems to be a split thread.

Pit bulls. Chihuahuas bite way more often than Pits. I'd rather get have multiple encounters with a biting Chihuahua than one with a Pit Bull. I once had an 80 pound, blue-nose Pit that was a lap dog and considered me a salt lick. Everybody came in the door was a friend. Once I went to bed, not so. Walking him was a trial. If I weighed 100 pounds more, maybe OK. But watching people cross the street to avoid me. Folks with little kids or dogs.

Cops kill more black people and vice versa because they encounter more black people as black people encounter more cops. That is the essence of racial profiling. Cops killing backs twice as many as is their proportionate population is not peculiar en toto. Cops are killing more of everyone.

There are a couple of reasons why cops are not getting prosecuted nor found guilty of killing someone. The major reason is that the decision maker on who to prosecute, or how to present a case before a grand jury, is the DA. The DA is embraced with law enforcement. Need I explain?

Then there is the reasoning of the officer. I feared, in my mind, for my life and the life and property of others. It is next to impossible to place yourself in the mind of the officer. And, imagine that you might or not have pulled that trigger. Like the defense attorney had asked, would you have yelled that expletive at your child as you did? That moment of emotion. That split second. What might you have possibly done?

Until investigation and prosecution is separated from the police as is and the DA, there will be no justice.

Fact: 55% of murderers executed since 1976 were white. Fact: By your stats most cops killers are not black, are killed by whites, despite the disproportionate number of those killed by blacks you quote. Fact: Cops have reason to be afraid. Fact, young black men have reason to fear cops if they have been paying attention. Fact: You have offered no example of cops shooting unarmed white guys, tho I have to assume it has occurred.

A reasonable conclusion is that prejudice affects law encpforcement. What is your conclusion about all this? That people should not complain when, as happened recently, a white cop shot an unarmed black passenger in a vehicle? (He was dismissed and was apparently charged.). My conclusion is that we should punish people who murder cops and cops who murder people. Do you have a problem with that, or should police get a pass when they break the law? Are you arguing that there is something defective with black people?

As with ANY people......there is definitely something defective with SOME black people.......and mostly the young black male demographic in toxic environments.

Now.......anyone who can read that and understand it can understand the problem. It's easy.

Certain environments produce toxic young black males that often shoot cops.

(Remember the statistic was that these YBMs are about 6% of the population and they kill about 43% of all cops that are killed........a mind-boggling and horribly disproportionate number.)

Cops are aware of how dangerous these young black males are......and not wanting to die, cops are quick to pull the trigger on young black men.

This is not rocket science, nor is it wrong, nor is it odd.......it's just reality.

The solution is to focus on those toxic young black males and terminate them as a problem.

This should be done by changing that toxic environment so that it produces mentally healthy people........but until that change happens, the only solution is to put more of them in prison for longer term storage.

Last edited:
"If they were abused it's because they were resisting arrest." That's it. No one who get abused by a cop has any right to beef under any circumstances. Glad to see you take a nuanced view of a tough public issue. I suppose that means we should cease any training of police officers that helps them diffuse these situations... Eliminate any agreements or plans cities and police departments have agreed upon to deal with these pesky social issues. If the guy dies after not being secured in a wagon, remember police can do no wrong when it comes to black people. If he is shot repeatedly and a weapon is planted on him, he must have resisted arrest sometime in his life.

But wait! What about white people who are abused by police officers? Are the police always right in those circumstances? I'm white. White plainclothes cops pulled guns on me without identifying themselves. If I had run and they killed me would that have been my fault for resisting? Was my father in law, the police academy instructor, wasting his time when he explained the proper use of force, given your sweeping statement?

Are there any circumstances where you would accept the prosecution of a police officer for harming a citizen?

"If they were abused it's because they were resisting arrest." That's it. No one who get abused by a cop has any right to beef under any circumstances. Glad to see you take a nuanced view of a tough public issue. I suppose that means we should cease any training of police officers that helps them diffuse these situations... Eliminate any agreements or plans cities and police departments have agreed upon to deal with these pesky social issues. If the guy dies after not being secured in a wagon, remember police can do no wrong when it comes to black people. If he is shot repeatedly and a weapon is planted on him, he must have resisted arrest sometime in his life.

But wait! What about white people who are abused by police officers? Are the police always right in those circumstances? I'm white. White plainclothes cops pulled guns on me without identifying themselves. If I had run and they killed me would that have been my fault for resisting? Was my father in law, the police academy instructor, wasting his time when he explained the proper use of force, given your sweeping statement?

Are there any circumstances where you would accept the prosecution of a police officer for harming a citizen?

Sure.

There are a couple of cases in the news right now......in fact, three that I can think of off hand......where officers look to be at fault.

It happens.

Most of the time, though.........

14463289_703307463153777_3143917315310067518_n.jpg

The Media love to sensationalize it when a black man is killed by the police.

The outcry is usually pretty much the same when these tragedies happen.

Yet it should NOT be the same. Every shooting is different and must be treated as unique.

For those who know the law and are familiar with police procedures, it's easy to see that most, if not all, of the shootings of the past couple of years have ended with the CORRECT outcome.

Yet the Media lump them all together and, if anything, push the notion that the police are at fault.

Because that's where the money is........demonizing police is how you keep the ratings high.

What we need to do is remove qualified immunity from the police. After all if all these shootings are justified then they should not need it. And if they are not, they should be prosecuted.

What we need to do is remove qualified immunity from the police. After all if all these shootings are justified then they should not need it. And if they are not, they should be prosecuted.

Why don't we just send the cops out with empty guns?

If the thugs are as cuddly as you seem to think, everything will work out fine.

Why don't we just send the cops out with empty guns?

If the thugs are as cuddly as you seem to think, everything will work out fine.

Cops in Europe seem to be able to pull it off, but then they kill less people in all of Europe in 10 years than the cops do here in America in 1 year. But then again they do not have a shoot first and think later protocol...

Cops in Europe seem to be able to pull it off, but then they kill less people in all of Europe in 10 years than the cops do here in America in 1 year. But then again they do not have a shoot first and think later protocol...

Cops in Europe, since the rush of North and East African immigrants, are arming up in a big way.

French police demand right to carry guns because of Islamic threat | World | News | Express.co.uk

Remember, that whole "unarmed cop" thing started at a time when Europe was almost entirely white.

As more and more blacks entered the picture, things got more violent.......if it continues, things will be as violent as they are in the American urban ghettos.

Cops in Europe, since the rush of North and East African immigrants, are arming up in a big way.

French police demand right to carry guns because of Islamic threat | World | News | Express.co.uk

Remember, that whole "unarmed cop" thing started at a time when Europe was almost entirely white.

As more and more blacks entered the picture, things got more violent.......if it continues, things will be as violent as they are in the American urban ghettos.

Ahh, so now we have the real truth. You are fine with cops shooting all the black people they are able to, regardless of justification because you are afraid of them... You are willing to live with the tyranny of a police state so long as you believe they will keep you safe from the black people....

Ahh, so now we have the real truth. You are fine with cops shooting all the black people they are able to, regardless of justification because you are afraid of them... You are willing to live with the tyranny of a police state so long as you believe they will keep you safe from the black people....

No, you apparently have a imaginative notion about me.

You obviously don't know me.

No, you apparently have a imaginative notion about me.

You obviously don't know me.

No, I think I see you pretty clearly... I have some news for you, it does not matter how many black people the cops shoot, it will not make you safe, you see the cops cannot protect you.

No, I think I see you pretty clearly... I have some news for you, it does not matter how many black people the cops shoot, it will not make you safe, you see the cops cannot protect you.

You don't see clearly at all.

I have some news for you. I'm perfectly capable of protecting myself and I have no interest in cops shooting black people.

You had no response to my post on European cops arming themselves so you chose to attack me personally.

You should work on that.

Then we retire in agreement... Sort of.

Back
Top Bottom