• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Pentagon Study finds Beards Directly Related to Combat Effectiveness.

cpwill

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
This seems legit :mrgreen:

Forget new gear, weapons, or sophisticated targeting systems. The newest tool coming to combat troops is low-tech: beards. In a report released yesterday, research think-tank Xegis Solutions noted that beards have a direct correlation to combat effectiveness....

“We took 100 soldiers. 25 were Special Forces qualified and had beards, 25 were Special Forces qualified without beards, 25 were regular Army allowed to grow beards for the study, and the last 25 were regular Army without beards. All 100 of these subjects were in direct combat in Afghanistan during the study.”

He continued, “Xegis Solutions had several teams of researchers embedded with these troops to make observations on their combat effectiveness. The results were overwhelming, out of the 50 soldiers with beards, zero were wounded or killed and they had a significantly higher accuracy of fire than the soldiers without beards. The soldiers lacking beards had a higher rate of weapons malfunctions and basically, **** went wrong most of the time.”..

Commander General James Mattis issued a statement to all troops in combat zones:

“The time has come for the Armed Forces to accept the facts, and the facts are that beards save lives. All this time it was speculated that Green Berets were better because of their superior and intensive training while in fact, most of it had to do with beards.”.. “It’s settled science. In light of this information we will enforce a rule requiring all males to wear at least one inch of facial hair at all times. Furthermore, any females able to grow facial hair are encouraged to do so as well.”

I think I've found a new favorite blog :)

320391_437866082931125_1814170371_n.jpg

I'm sure I've posted this before but since it's relevant I'll post it again:

It is a testament to the incredible discipline of the Marine Corps that that man was not lost in a tragic accident.

I can't stand the facial hair fad with my generation. I've always taken not shaving as a sign of laziness.

I don't know, CP, this sounds too much like an Onion article to me. Wait till you get the directive.

I can't stand the facial hair fad with my generation. I've always taken not shaving as a sign of laziness.

Beards have been around pretty much as long as men - and some women. Somehow in all these years of facial hair mankind has managed to get **** done.

This seems legit :mrgreen:

I think I've found a new favorite blog :)

320391_437866082931125_1814170371_n.jpg

All that does make sense, after all.
The Roman soldiers shaved their beards, but their enemies did not, at least not all of them. The word "barbarian" comes from the Latin word for beard, and was applied to anyone not a Roman.

Look what happened to the Romans.

The Roman soldiers shaved their beards, but their enemies did not, at least not all of them. The word "barbarian" comes from the Latin word for beard, and was applied to anyone not a Roman.

Well I hate to be a nitpicker about this Ditto...

But I'm pretty sure, there's more to the decline of the Roman empire than facial hair... just throwin that out there :2razz:

Well I hate to be a nitpicker about this Ditto...

But I'm pretty sure, there's more to the decline of the Roman empire than facial hair... just throwin that out there :2razz:
You think?

Conventional wisdom has it that the fall of the Roman Empire had a lot to do with bread and circuses and some other causative factors.

but, maybe we've uncovered the real cause!

You think?

Conventional wisdom has it that the fall of the Roman Empire had a lot to do with bread and circuses and some other causative factors.

but, maybe we've uncovered the real cause!

Do you think they meant BEARD and circuses instead of BREAD and circuses?

Beards are not only unsanitary in the field, but they don't won't allow your gas mask to seal.

Beards can be interwoven with magical protective wards.
imgres.jpeg

Yea, but they dominated their area of the world for over 1,000 years.

Although there is actually one very real reason why we are not allowed to grow beards (or long mustaches). And that is the requirement of chemical protective masks. The wearing of long facial hair prevents masks from sealing properly. More then anything else that is why the ban continues (and I am old enough to remember Navy Chief Petty Officers wearing them).

Beards are not only unsanitary in the field, but they don't won't allow your gas mask to seal.

Exactly. Something most civilians (or those not in the Army-Marines) would never understand.

Yeah, the guys in this photo obviously know nothing about how 'real' military men should look

View attachment 67134775

This is a SEAL team commanded by LT Michael P. Murphy, 29, of Patchogue, N.Y., all but one of them was killed in combat on June 28, 2005 in Afghanistan

Yeah, the guys in this photo obviously know nothing about how 'real' military men should look

View attachment 67134775

This is a SEAL team commanded by LT Michael P. Murphy, 29, of Patchogue, N.Y., all but one of them was killed in combat on June 28, 2005 in Afghanistan

Seals are not traditional military, so false comparison.

I so love me them moving goal posts!

What moving goal posts? I bet that your main experience in knowing what military is like is playing video games.

Special Operations forces have long been exempt from traditional grooming standards, this goes back for decades. And most often, this is simply to let them blend in with the indiginous forces they are normally operating with. In a nation like Afghanistan where the majority of men wear beards, they would rather stick out unless they grew them also.

So take your moving goal post, and... never mind, I do not want to get in trouble here.

View attachment 67134775

SEALS perform a different mission than line units. SEAL teams aren't as likely to be hit with a cheminal attack.

Back
Top Bottom