• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Pence demands Congress ‘do their job’ after health bill collapse

American

Trump Grump Whisperer
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Pence demands Congress ?do their job? after health bill collapse | Fox News

Vice President Pence demanded Congress “step up” and “do their job” by taking action to replace ObamaCare after the collapse of Republicans’ latest health care bill, stepping up pressure on his former congressional colleagues to deliver on a campaign promise.

McConnell says the Senate will “in the coming days” revive a 2015 measure -- passed by the Republican-led Congress but vetoed by then-President Barack Obama -- to repeal ObamaCare with a two-year delay. He said such an effort will “provide for a stable transition period to a patient-centered health care system that gives Americans access to quality, affordable care.”
Where the **** have you been with this repeal measure for the last six months, you Establishment Republican son of a bitch??? That's what you promised, and that's what I voted for. I hope Rand Paul etal keep voting NO until McConnell does what he promised.

Seriously, why are you so hot and giddy for 32 million people to lose their insurance?

another compassionate conservative

Seriously, why are you so hot and giddy for 32 million people to lose their insurance?

You can't prove what you just said.

You can't prove what you just said.

The number of people who are uninsured would increase by 18 million in the first new plan year following enactment of the bill. Later, after the elimination of the ACA’s expansion of Medicaid eligibility and of subsidies for insurance purchased through the ACA marketplaces, that number would increase to 27 million, and then to 32 million in 2026.

https://www.cbo.gov/publication/52371

So again, why is it important to you that 32 million people will lose their insurance? Also, why is it important to you that the ten essential health benefits are eliminated, and why is it important to you that insurance companies can deny you for pre-existing conditions?

I'm wondering what your stake in this is. What is it that has you so fired up for this?

I dont know if we are where Trump expected to end up, but being in a position to jam Congressional Leadership like this before the impeachment gets to hearings is pretty sweet.

So again, why is it important to you that 32 million people will lose their insurance? Also, why is it important to you that the ten essential health benefits are eliminated, and why is it important to you that insurance companies can deny you for pre-existing conditions?

I'm wondering what your stake in this is. What is it that has you so fired up for this?

I like that you are smart enough to not say that 32 million people would lose their medical care.

I like that you are smart enough to not say that 32 million people would lose their medical care.

You're right. People will always have access to the emergency room.

I don't know if there's ever been an administration so inept it couldn't get things passed through a congress controlled by their own party.

lol

Where the **** have you been with this repeal measure for the last six months, you Establishment Republican son of a bitch??? That's what you promised, and that's what I voted for. I hope Rand Paul etal keep voting NO until McConnell does what he promised.

I think a straight appeal is not a bad idea

Virtually every republican in the senate voted to repeal obamacare when obama was in office

Susan Collins from Maine for instance

Pat Toomey

Now if they vote against the repeal they will be exposed as liars

And it will be the moderate republicans who will be isolated as frauds

Certainly a simple repeal is something rand paul can vote for

would you like a little chees with your whine? :lol:

I think a straight appeal is not a bad idea

Virtually every republican in the senate voted to repeal obamacare when obama was in office

Susan Collins from Maine for instance

Pat Toomey

Now if they vote against the repeal they will be exposed as liars

And it will be the moderate republicans who will be isolated as frauds

Certainly a simple repeal is something rand paul can vote for

IMO politicos should take note of the recent rowdy nature of MANY town hall meetings

if these asshats keep pushing their anti constituent agendas they may not have any 'halls' left to have their 'town halls' in :peace

Persuasion is a science of emotion.

Designed to make you feel one way or the other about something, detached from facts.

I'm enjoying the Trumpcare show. The only thing worse for Republicans than failure is success. If they succeed in repealing Obamacare, a lot of Trump voters will notice that they, or their kids or their parents, don't have health insurance anymore. Oops! :popcorn2:

IMO politicos should take note of the recent rowdy nature of MANY town hall meetings

if these asshats keep pushing their anti constituent agendas they may not have any 'halls' left to have their 'town halls' in :peace

One advantage of being unemployed and on welfare is that is affords a lot free time to get loud and protest

As long as someone provides a bus to get the protesters to the townhall when needed

I'm enjoying the Trumpcare show. The only thing worse for Republicans than failure is success. If they succeed in repealing Obamacare, a lot of Trump voters will notice that they, or their kids or their parents, don't have health insurance anymore. Oops! :popcorn2:

Yes, once government gives a freebee to the voters they expect to get it forever.

That seems to be what the republcians are worried about

How much that matters when these people have known for some time that the American Medical System is deeply broken and unaffordable and while we get from time to time some chatter on the matter no-one ever seems too concerned with fixing the problem remains to be seen.

McConnell is a waste of space. He will do nothing that will jeopardize his seat.
This is the problem with the establishment. They are to comfortable with the don't rock the ship mentality.

All this nonsense over healthcare is just at nonsense. Hell I have a better plan and a better tax code than those morons.

Tax plan there are 2 tax brackets 10% and 25%. If you make less than 1m a year you pay 10% above that you pay 25%.

You will receive a standard deduction. So a single person will get a deduction of 20k a married of 30k. So you pay no tax up to that amount anything over that will be taxed at 10 or 25%. If you have kids than you can add 1k per kid to the deduction.
So a family of 4 would pay no tax on anything up to 32k dollars.

Capital gains is taxed at 15% still.

Insurance. Is now a HSA system. The government will every year issue a 2500 and a 5000 credit to the HSA account of the hold based on married or single. Kids will get a 500 credit per kid.

Employers will be given additional tax breaks if they contribute 5k or more per year to the HSA per employee.
Insurance will be only needed for catastrophic coverage. Dental and eye care can all be paid for from the HSA.

People can contribute up to 5k tax free per year to their HSA and 10k per year if you are 50 or older.

That is a baseline that would take care of the system. I really like how Singapore has their system setup and this is a similar model off that.

Because he's a typical modern day Republican. He's got his so F everyone else.

They are doing their job, they're stopping Trump from getting what he wants. The problem is that there's abhorrent human beings like Pence and McConnell that want to basically destroy Obamacare and medicare/medicaid right alongside it.

There's a part of me that hopes they do. I'd love to see the 65+ crowd, who overwhelmingly voted Trump into the Oval Office, be welcomed to the reality of what it's like to live without health insurance. How you vote and what you believe has consequences, it'd be interesting to see how people will react to those consequences. The problem is that I don't want to live in this world, but the bigger issue is that the likelihood that medicare/medicaid gets substantial cuts, social security gets substantial cuts, and the ACA gets massive cuts or otherwise is repealed is basically sitting somewhere around 100%.

Awwww, what's a matter? Are you starting to wake up to the reality that this is a lot harder than you thought it was going to be? It's easy to say Obamacare is a disaster, and it's easy to vote for a repeal when you know it will get vetoed anyway, but when you're facing the reality that millions of Americans are going to lose their health insurance and you don't have a better solution(because this was the Republican solution in the first place) suddenly looking your constituents in the eye isn't so easy.

Awwww, what's a matter? Are you starting to wake up to the reality that this is a lot harder than you thought it was going to be? It's easy to say Obamacare is a disaster, and it's easy to vote for a repeal when you know it will get vetoed anyway, but when you're facing the reality that millions of Americans are going to lose their health insurance and you don't have a better solution(because this was the Republican solution in the first place) suddenly looking your constituents in the eye isn't so easy.

Millions of Americans lost their insurance with Obamacare. The life expectancy of Americans also declined after Obamacare was passed.
But it is indeed a difficult issue.

Also maybe someone should explain to Pence that Congresses job is to serve as a check to the power of the President to make sure he can't recklessly do whatever he wants without thinking it through which is exactly what Trump seems to want to do.

They can be a check to other branches, but that not their job. It's only their main job if you're a hyperleftwing partisan.

Millions of Americans lost their insurance with Obamacare. The life expectancy of Americans also declined after Obamacare was passed.
But it is indeed a difficult issue.

cite please

Back
Top Bottom