• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Palm Beach Is Sick of Paying for Donald Trump’s Weekend Visits to Mar-a-Lago

It doesn't matter. He's on duty 24/7 wherever he is or whatever he's doing. It remains a phony issue.
It might be a phony issue for Trump worshippers who are seemingly incapable of remembering what the man said last week or last month or last year, when his words today contradict past statements. Last year, Trump said if he won he'd probably be too busy to golf and would only play with people with whom he was looking to make deals.

May 2016, he tweeted: "While our wonderful president was out playing golf all day, the TSA is falling apart, just like our government!"

Oh that bit about only playing with people he is looking to make deals - does that count pro-golfers like Tiger Woods, Rory McIlroy and Ernie Els? Not to name those pros who have played with him while denying it.

It might be a phony issue for Trump worshippers who are seemingly incapable of remembering what the man said last week or last month or last year, when his words today contradict past statements. Last year, Trump said if he won he'd probably be too busy to golf and would only play with people with whom he was looking to make deals.

May 2016, he tweeted: "While our wonderful president was out playing golf all day, the TSA is falling apart, just like our government!"

Oh that bit about only playing with people he is looking to make deals - does that count pro-golfers like Tiger Woods, Rory McIlroy and Ernie Els? Not to name those pros who have played with him while denying it.

I didn't vote for DJT and his hypocrisy is evident. Nor do I accept his claims about only playing to make deals. Nonetheless it's a phony issue. Those who push it are lowering themselves to DJT's level.

I didn't vote for DJT and his hypocrisy is evident. Nor do I accept his claims about only playing to make deals. Nonetheless it's a phony issue. Those who push it are lowering themselves to DJT's level.

I pretty much agree with you here, but I wouldn't say "phony issue", I would say it's a minor issue. What stands out to me is the sheer numbers of minor issues.

Seattle argues otherwise, voting in a bunch of new taxes in the last three years, to the tune of $600/year for the average homeowner by one estimate I read, not counting the inflation of the net worth of the underlining property increasing the taxes that were already in place. Now maybe they did not fully understand how much all this would cost when they kept voting yes for new taxes, but they most certainly imposed massive new taxes on themselves.

Hawkeye....$600 a year is newspaper money on the west coast. When the average detached two bedroom starts at $1.5 million, $600 is a small monthly budget for Starbuck's

BTW, Vancouver city council recently agreed to put a 3% tax on property to pay for the on going drug overdose epidemic and no one has even commented

Last edited:
Chinese President Xi Jinping is visiting the US the first week of April and Trump is meeting him at.............

Yup, Trump's very own Mar-a-Lago Resort in Palm Beach Florida. Kiss another $3+ million taxpayer dollars goodbye.

I pretty much agree with you here, but I wouldn't say "phony issue", I would say it's a minor issue. What stands out to me is the sheer numbers of minor issues.

POTUS is POTUS 24/7 no matter where or what he's doing.

Hawkeye....$600 a year is newspaper money on the west coast. When the average detached two bedroom starts at $1.5 million, $600 is a small monthly budget for Starbuck's

BTW, Vancouver city council recently agreed to put a 3% tax on property to pay for the on going drug overdose epidemic and no one has even commented

This is new taxes only, plus valuations are going up fast so that is not by any means the end of the list of increases in taxes....not that many people can stand say a tax increase of $1,000 every few years, it all adds up in a hurry.

Now the good thing is the unlike SF Seattle is in a building boom, so housing costs should never get that out of sight.

We'll see what happens, but I do think that Seattle needs to take a pause in tax increases.

Back
Top Bottom