• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Palestine joins 5 international treaties [W:14]

Never knew Palestine was a "terrorist" state. And if Israel wants to "stop paying the bills" why not just give them and recognize them as a state?

Hamas supports terrorist activities. Tell me, how much power does Hamas have? And as far as Israel paying the bills, what do you think would happen if Israel stopped, abruptly?

Well yes it does. So whats your question exactly? What should I side with Israel on when it comes to that? Their disproportional response?

Disproportional response is irrelevant. If you don't like the response, start getting your citizens to stop lobbing rockets. It really is THAT simple. As far as I'm concerned, if a group shoots rockets at a sovereign state, and claims that they will continue to do so, there is no such thing as a disproportionate response.

Video @: [/FONT][/COLOR]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptffPEH8eSY

A step in full sovereignty for the State of Palestine. Now the PLO can use these treaties as a key to combating Israeli violations against Palestinians.

They can use them, as they will of course, to fool very gullible people while they go about committing actual atrocities.

The so-called "Palestinians," cannot for a sovereign state. Not because others deny them the right to do so, but because as a whole, with wonderful exceptions, choose to behave as savages rather than civilized people.

They can use them, as they will of course, to fool very gullible people while they go about committing actual atrocities.

The so-called "Palestinians," cannot for a sovereign state. Not because others deny them the right to do so, but because as a whole, with wonderful exceptions, choose to behave as savages rather than civilized people.

Going to the UN is savagery?

Hamas supports terrorist activities. Tell me, how much power does Hamas have? And as far as Israel paying the bills, what do you think would happen if Israel stopped, abruptly?

Palestinians would have the power to tax their population.

Disproportional response is irrelevant. If you don't like the response, start getting your citizens to stop lobbing rockets. It really is THAT simple. As far as I'm concerned, if a group shoots rockets at a sovereign state, and claims that they will continue to do so, there is no such thing as a disproportionate response.

When you respond disproportionately in one of the most densely populated areas on the face of the planet only creates more terrorists.

No, the entire Palestinian infrastructure would collapse. If the Palestinians are to have their own country, the procedure needs to be a transition, NOT an event, so that the country will succeed.

When you respond disproportionately in one of the most densely populated areas on the face of the planet only creates more terrorists.

No, you eliminate a lot of terrorists. If people then decide that continuing with such stupid and suicidal behavior is what they want to do... another disproportionate response should handle them, too. The INTELLIGENT thing to do would be to stop.

Your right i only consider the al-Qassam Brigades as terrorists.
How can you keep repeating this argument? Izz ad-Din Al-Qassam are a branch of Hamas, and as such, are an extension of the same organiztion. To say that Hamas isn't responsible for acts of terrorism perpetrated by it's military wing is no different from saying that a state isn't responsible for the actions of it's military.

Going to the UN is savagery?
Given the context, I think he was referring to this sort of thing:
List of Palestinian suicide attacks - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I guess several western democracies stances on Hamas and if they are a terrorist organization is "laughable" then.
The US, Canada, the EU, Jordan, Egypt and Japan classify Hamas as a terrorist organization (references on Hamas wiki page), nothing laughable about that. At best, Hamas's status is "questionable".

They already do:
Palestinian Authority suspends plans to raise taxes | Reuters

What would you have qualified as a proportionate response?

Bs!
A disproportionate response is required.

Back
Top Bottom