• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Outrage as trans middle school athlete wins girls’ shot put event by more than 3 feet

I'm not concerned. Trans issues aren't in my top 100 of things i care about.

I'm just commenting on the internet.
You wouldn't let the trans girl compete but you aren't concerned. Sounds like you are.

You wouldn't let the trans girl compete but you aren't concerned. Sounds like you are.

I'm just commenting on a thread.

I barely care about most of the topics i comment about.

I support gender affirming care, but it isn't really something i care about.

In WV girls turned out to protest a boy who competed in the girls competition.

And imagine this.

He dominated

This isn’t right. Straight up sick and stupid.

———-

That was robbery. Next we gonna have trans adults competing in kids' competitions and stealing the trophies. Hey he identifies as a kid. He has been on aging hormone blockers all his life. 👋

That shouldnt keep you from commenting on it. An 8 yr old isnt capable of making these sorts of decisions. There is no reason you cant say that.

That's child abuse

Boys beating up on girls in competition makes you happy?

The whole thing smacks to me of hatred for little girls. Let girls have fun in their competitions. What's all this, a little girl works hard to compete against her peers only to be the victim of a fraud

The whole thing smacks to me of hatred for little girls. Let girls have fun in their competitions. What's all this, a little girl works hard to compete against her peers only to be the victim of a fraud

I suspect they are enjoying their outrage very much.

They are fighting each other now in your world?
Try reading more and, yes, some sports actually do involved physical contact, if you're going to be obtusely literal.

Try reading more and, yes, some sports actually do involved physical contact, if you're going to be obtusely literal.
Shot put is throwing a small, heavy round ball.

Not at anyone. Not hitting anyone.

Throwing a ball into a sand pit and then measuring who threw it the furthest.

Give the poor girl a break.

She cannot be expected to "countermand her social transition, her medical treatment, and all the work she has done with her schools, teachers, and coaches for nearly half her life by introducing herself to teammates, coaches, and even opponents as a boy. ...She has changed her name, and the state of West Virginia has issued her a birth certificate listing her as female. She takes puberty blocking medication and also takes estrogen hormone therapy. Starting in elementary school, she has participated only on girls’ athletic teams. Banning her from female sports "would treat her worse than people to whom she is similarly situated, deprive her of any meaningful athletic opportunities..."

Link

Please quote the section of the article that states that people got into a fight.

Shot put is throwing a small, heavy round ball.

Not at anyone. Not hitting anyone.

Throwing a ball into a sand pit and then measuring who threw it the furthest.
This comment is too stupid to make a real response to.

Give the poor girl a break.

She cannot be expected to "countermand her social transition, her medical treatment, and all the work she has done with her schools, teachers, and coaches for nearly half her life by introducing herself to teammates, coaches, and even opponents as a boy. ...She has changed her name, and the state of West Virginia has issued her a birth certificate listing her as female. She takes puberty blocking medication and also takes estrogen hormone therapy. Starting in elementary school, she has participated only on girls’ athletic teams. Banning her from female sports "would treat her worse than people to whom she is similarly situated, deprive her of any meaningful athletic opportunities..."

Link
Its a boy. None of the things you listed change that fact.

Why does Russia care about middle school track in the US? Is it just something that they can get us to fight each other about instead of supporting Ukraine?

You are the one that posted about physical contact sports when this athlete throws a shot put on a track team 😂
No, I didn't. I understand that "in competition" might be a complicated term. Further, this issue involves all sports, including ones that have physical contact.

I am not the one railing against middle school kids.
Can't you comprehend the words from the O/P?
For your review:
"In WV girls turned out to protest a boy who competed in the girls competition."

Back
Top Bottom