• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Oscar Mayer will pay you $35,600 to get behind the wheel of the iconic Wienermobile—here's how to apply

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive

Oscar Mayer is looking for someone who would relish the opportunity to get behind the wheel of one of America's most iconic vehicles.

The processed meat giant has launched a nationwide search for its next crew of Hotdoggers — paid spokespeople who drive the brand's famous hot dog-shaped Wienermobiles around the country.

The company is hiring 12 drivers to get behind the wheel of the 27-foot-long vehicle, which is equivalent in length to 54 wieners laid end to end.

The Hotdoggers' main responsibility is to represent Oscar Mayer on a daily basis as they drive the 87-year-old Wienermobile around America between June 2024 and June 2025.

"It's like they're running a PR firm on wheels," says Ed Roland, who runs the Wienermobile program. "They're key content contributors to all of our social media channels. It's some of the highest performing content for all of [parent company] Kraft Heinz."
==================================================
Funny but a great marketing program. But $35K is close to minimum wage.

Oscar Mayer is looking for someone who would relish the opportunity to get behind the wheel of one of America's most iconic vehicles.

The processed meat giant has launched a nationwide search for its next crew of Hotdoggers — paid spokespeople who drive the brand's famous hot dog-shaped Wienermobiles around the country.

The company is hiring 12 drivers to get behind the wheel of the 27-foot-long vehicle, which is equivalent in length to 54 wieners laid end to end.

The Hotdoggers' main responsibility is to represent Oscar Mayer on a daily basis as they drive the 87-year-old Wienermobile around America between June 2024 and June 2025.

"It's like they're running a PR firm on wheels," says Ed Roland, who runs the Wienermobile program. "They're key content contributors to all of our social media channels. It's some of the highest performing content for all of [parent company] Kraft Heinz."

Truly stupid and the world's worst hot dogs!

Not enough for what would be required. They are trying to make this a prestige thing and say their employee will be an influencer abet controlled by Oscar Meyer. Too many strings not enough dough.

Truly stupid and the world's worst hot dogs!
I found a meat processor by me that has some awesome deli meats and hotdogs. The hotdogs be the kosher style if you want. I like mine with chicken and pork though.

I found a meat processor by me that has some awesome deli meats and hotdogs. The hotdogs be the kosher style if you want. I like mine with chicken and pork though.
Pork hot dogs are really sausages. Beef makes hot dogs.

And who made that law?

"Hot dogs" are nothing. In the world of sausage spanning Germany, Austria, Brittan, Italy and the middle east, hot dogs are the garbage they used to save for the pets. My father worked for a butcher in his teens during the depression when 'hot dogs' became popular with casual laborers. They put sawdust in them along with gut, gruel, innards and intestine

If they are a combination of meat technically they are a sausage, that said what I get is a mix of pork beef and chicken and made and seasoned like the beef hotdogs. So I call them hotdogs.

And who made that law?

"Hot dogs" are nothing. In the world of sausage spanning Germany, Austria, Brittan, Italy and the middle east, hot dogs are the garbage they used to save for the pets. My father worked for a butcher in his teens during the depression when 'hot dogs' became popular with casual laborers. They put sawdust in them along with gut, gruel, innards and intestine
"Oh, I wish I was an Oscar Mayer weiner...' The only part of the pig that doesn't go into hot dogs is the 'oink.'

And who made that law?

If a butcher did that around here now they would be hanging from a telephone pole. We can watch them make the sausages and they even give us their recipes if we want. The intestines get cleaned up and used for natural casing, the rest like the liver are and heart reserved for pet food or special order. I get bones for dirt cheap to make stocks. I only wish he sold seafood so I can may seafood stock.

That is NO WHERE NEAR enough money to do a job that keeps one on the road and away from home the majority of the year.

Man, are they being incredibly cheap about this and that tells me much about Oscar Meyer as a company and whether I would consider working for them in any capacity, or using their products for that matter.

Stuff that in their hat under "public relations".

Nothing like a really good hotdog at a ball game or the fair, or just an old fashion cook out. Load em up with everything you can think up.

I much prefer Hebrew National or Kirkland Brand hotdogs myself.
My wife prefers Hebrew National, but on the occasions I put them in the microwave for a quick hot dog, they make a sparking noise. I can’t see any sparks, but they definitely have a distinct sound that Ball Park or Kirkland hot dogs don’t. It makes me suspicious that there are micro shavings of metal in the mix from the grinders because that’s what it sounds like. Who knows…

I suppose it would be a fun job for a twenty something kid. You're basically getting paid to road trip all year and see the country.
Are you kidding? It would be a fantastic job. I’m sure expenses on the road are all paid, so you basically have very few expenses while you drive from festival to festival. And it’s your personal company car when you’re off the clock. Plus - its a guaranteed chick magnet.

They could give the job to Hunter. Boy I'd love to see him have to do that job.

That is NO WHERE NEAR enough money to do a job that keeps one on the road and away from home the majority of the year.

Man, are they being incredibly cheap about this and that tells me much about Oscar Meyer as a company and whether I would consider working for them in any capacity, or using their products for that matter.

Stuff that in their hat under "public relations".
CBS Sunday Morning did a story about the job. It's for young people and they work in teams after training. Looks like fun.

Are you kidding? It would be a fantastic job. I’m sure expenses on the road are all paid, so you basically have very few expenses while you drive from festival to festival. And it’s your personal company car when you’re off the clock. Plus - its a guaranteed chick magnet.
I wanted to tour with my band when I was that age, so I get it. We did get to do a bit of traveling back then, and it was fun. Not nationwide, though.

Back
Top Bottom