• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Once again, Catholic Church Is the Voice of Reason: NOT Canceling Masses in Most Cases

Average age of the VERY FEW deaths: 81. This isn't a problem But the president, being the great leader he is is showing a lot of caution, even though he knows this whole thing is overblown by the left.

gaslight card.jpg

Jesus IS protecting the pope through the quarantine. Cool, huh?

If he has jesus.....why does he need to quarantine?????

You walked right into that one.

How is it going not being on here for lent?

Priceless

Friend is senior clergy on the Gulf Coast & has granted a dispensation for all those that miss Mass, which have been cancelled because of the virus.

Vatican City, which is the country the pope is located in, has no cases of the virus. lol.

Not true:

Vatican confirms 1st virus case as pope recovers from cold
A Vatican spokesman has confirmed the walled city-state's first case of the new coronavirus

ABC News
What is coronavirus?
VATICAN CITY -- The Vatican confirmed the walled city-state's first case of the new coronavirus Friday and closed some offices as a precaution while Pope Francis continued recovering from a cold.

http://https://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/vatican-confirms-1st-virus-case-pope-recovers-cold-69432727

Seems God chose to hit the most atheist areas the hardest with this virus. Hmm.

He sends most of the world's tornadoes rampaging down the Bible Belt in the USA, too. Has for years.

If he has jesus.....why does he need to quarantine?????

You walked right into that one.

How is it going not being on here for lent?

Priceless

I was called specially by God to come here and clear up the leftwing overhyping here in America.

He sends most of the world's tornadoes rampaging down the Bible Belt in the USA, too. Has for years.

Bible belt = highest concentration of Democrat-voting blacks.

I was called specially by God to come here and clear up the leftwing overhyping here in America.

I guess the pope was called by God to self quarantine. Lol

With a few exceptions, my Catholic Church is keeping their Mass schedules the same as always. Dioceses in Ohio and Los Angeles are not requiring mass attendance, and Seattle, San Diego, Boston, Colorado and Washington DC dioceses have canceled mass for the next three weeks. My diocese in a conservative area has given the most common sense response: No drinking from chalices or using holy water. No hand shake of peace, no hand-holding during the Our Father. If you feel at risk, stay home. This is what ALL organizations should be doing instead of canceling. Very commonsense. Predictably it's the left and leftwing areas who are pushing to cancel events in general All in an attempt to disrupt the economy and daily life so Trump will be blamed. One notable exception is the San Francisco diocese which is simply telling people who feel at risk they can stay home.

Ironically, places canceling like Boston, DC and Seattle are areas where church attendance is needed most. Those are extremely leftwing areas who have a desperate need for God.

Not to worry. I spoke with God this weekend. He said that the cities in question are off the hook, as He Himself had disbanded the heavenly choirs for the duration, and told the annoying, flapping angels to put Purell on their wings. He also spoke to the mayor of Milan, asking that he rush to have someone do a new painting of the Last Supper to temporarily replace Leonardo’s, with the apostles spaced farther apart. Lastly, the Holy Spirit, who tested positive, is in self-imposed quarantine.

That's just the 'voices' in your head.

With a few exceptions, my Catholic Church is keeping their Mass schedules the same as always. Dioceses in Ohio and Los Angeles are not requiring mass attendance, and Seattle, San Diego, Boston, Colorado and Washington DC dioceses have canceled mass for the next three weeks. My diocese in a conservative area has given the most common sense response: No drinking from chalices or using holy water. No hand shake of peace, no hand-holding during the Our Father. If you feel at risk, stay home. This is what ALL organizations should be doing instead of canceling. Very commonsense. Predictably it's the left and leftwing areas who are pushing to cancel events in general All in an attempt to disrupt the economy and daily life so Trump will be blamed. One notable exception is the San Francisco diocese which is simply telling people who feel at risk they can stay home.

Ironically, places canceling like Boston, DC and Seattle are areas where church attendance is needed most. Those are extremely leftwing areas who have a desperate need for God.

Hope the power of prayer has some immunity inducing properties, but that hasn't been proven out in reality.

Did you happen to record that call and/or write down the incoming phone# from whence the call originated, so you can validate your positive claim with evidence other than personal testimony ?

Doesn't that figure? The leftwing environment up there puts pressure on everyone to close in order to damage Trump AND to keep people away from church. Really reflects the attitude of the area. Conservative places tend to tough it out and keep going to church.

I'm not a Catholic but where I live the church has temporarily dropped the obligation keeping the masses going. If you feel sick or concerned about the virus stay home,if not come and worship. The lowly liberal/Demos would like to see the Catholic Church close permanently and it's not going to happen.

I'm not a Catholic but where I live the church has temporarily dropped the obligation keeping the masses going. If you feel sick or concerned about the virus stay home,if not come and worship. The lowly liberal/Demos would like to see the Catholic Church close permanently and it's not going to happen.

Yes, that's the way it is here and most places. They're still having Mass, but people don't have to attend if they are concerned.

Jesus IS protecting the pope through the quarantine. Cool, huh?

No, he is in quarantine because he is susceptible to and will die eventually, just like we all do...:roll:

Back
Top Bottom