• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Oklahoma Senator Caught In Hotel Room With Underage Boy

When you don't have much for standards it's hard to violate them. We did have John Edwards acting like Mr. Familyman but was cheating on his wife.

that was frickin' crazy; his wife dying from a terminal illness & Edwards is off screwing some bimbo

Edwards = no class whatsoever

that was frickin' crazy; his wife dying from a terminal illness & Edwards is off screwing some bimbo

Edwards = no class whatsoever

Newt was doing the same thing...

Lets see: Conservative, check, Evangelical Christian, check, Politician, check, Birther, check, State Chair for Trump Campaign, check.

Funny how your thread title is a lie. I notice such a trend in those who hate president Trump. You guys have to lie, to attempt to get your view heard.

Since 16 is the age of consent in Oklahoma, saying the "boy" was underage is a lie. It appears the only relevant charges would be prostitution and soliciting such, if these are even shown to be true.

You liberals should be celebrating that some republicans are gay. Or is that another thing only reserved for the left?

I think it's ironic that Oklahomans elected a transsexual who trolls restrooms for victims. Oh wait, he isn't...

I guess the part about being the chairman of his campaign in OK was easily overlooked by you...:lamo

That's hardly proof that he supports it, as you imply.

Funny how your thread title is a lie. I notice such a trend in those who hate president Trump. You guys have to lie, to attempt to get your view heard.

Since 16 is the age of consent in Oklahoma, saying the "boy" was underage is a lie. It appears the only relevant charges would be prostitution and soliciting such, if these are even shown to be true.

You liberals should be celebrating that some republicans are gay. Or is that another thing only reserved for the left?

Really? Your defense of a senator raping a boy is because of age of consent?

Lame

Prostitution within 1000 feet of a church is an actual crime? But what if it's one of their own like here? And why do they protect their own then? And mission work in uganda where they passed a "kill the gays" law...we couldn't find a high enough tree in oklahoma to hang this bastard. Recommend using a california redwood But yeah, it's not about him. The talibornagain just need to give up the ruse that they give a damn about the children or that they're the pious ones, or that they have the first clue about what is pious to begin with

It is part of our 'get tough on crime' by posturing and passing more laws... pretty much everything gets another charge if close to a school or church- quite literally some people can't live in a town due to these laws...

It's the Bible Belt... and they love using the belt (I think some kinda like it)... :peace

Funny how your thread title is a lie. I notice such a trend in those who hate president Trump. You guys have to lie, to attempt to get your view heard. Since 16 is the age of consent in Oklahoma, saying the "boy" was underage is a lie. It appears the only relevant charges would be prostitution and soliciting such, if these are even shown to be true. You liberals should be celebrating that some republicans are gay. Or is that another thing only reserved for the left?

Funny how much spin you use... he is a MINOR, under 18, and we Okies call many younger men boys- well white guys with a lick of sense don't call black youngsters boy- not a smart move... ;)

I don't care about sexual orientation, just the hypocrisy of the Rabid Right... :peace

Really? Your defense of a senator raping a boy is because of age of consent?

Lame

Not a defense.

On observation of fact.

Why are you lying and claiming its rape?

Funny how much spin you use... he is a MINOR, under 18, and we Okies call many younger men boys- well white guys with a lick of sense don't call black youngsters boy- not a smart move... ;)

I don't care about sexual orientation, just the hypocrisy of the Rabid Right... :peace
Do you know what "age of consent" means?

I'm not defending the action or morality of it. Just pointing out the legal aspect conveniently ignored.

..and I can offer up a nice steaming plateful of Portland, OR liberals who were pedos as well. In the late 80's/early 90's there was a short-lived scandal in Portland about counselors at clinics for young folks questioning their sexuality taking the kids home and having sex with them so that they could have first hand experience and make a better decision. A whole bunch of people were arrested and then suddenly the whole case evaporated at the request of the Mayor's office. This went from front page news one day to a small "page 7" article the next and the counselors went bock to their jobs. I found about this from a neighbor of mine who used to be a PPD officer and left the force there because of this. Then we can throw the Portland mayor who openly admitted to making out with a minor in a restroom and still got elected. So if I use YOUR standard, then all you liberals (and especially Portland liberals) are a bunch of either child molesters or are aiding child molesters. Sounds pretty stupid doesn't it??

It swings both ways

More debauchery:

Republican County Constable Larry Dale Floyd was arrested on suspicion of soliciting sex with an 8-year old girl. Floyd has repeatedly won elections for Denton County, Texas, constable.
Republican judge Mark Pazuhanich pleaded no contest to fondling a 10-year old girl and was sentenced to 10 years probation.
Republican Party leader Bobby Stumbo was arrested for having sex with a 5-year old boy.
Republican teacher and former city councilman John Collins pleaded guilty to sexually molesting 13 and 14 year old girls.

Not a defense.

On observation of fact.

Why are you lying and claiming its rape?

We won't know until the legal proceedings come out. Do you think the Senator was playing tiddly winks with a minor in a hotel room?:lamo

It swings both ways

More debauchery:

Republican County Constable Larry Dale Floyd was arrested on suspicion of soliciting sex with an 8-year old girl. Floyd has repeatedly won elections for Denton County, Texas, constable.
Republican judge Mark Pazuhanich pleaded no contest to fondling a 10-year old girl and was sentenced to 10 years probation.
Republican Party leader Bobby Stumbo was arrested for having sex with a 5-year old boy.
Republican teacher and former city councilman John Collins pleaded guilty to sexually molesting 13 and 14 year old girls.

lovely crowd there ............

lovely crowd there ............

Dems have had there share of sex scandals for sure. But when one of the flock let the veil slip, and they can no longer hide behind the family value BS, its rather ironic.

It swings both ways

More debauchery:

The difference is that when a Rep./conservative does this kind of thing, they go to jail, when a Dem./liberal does it, they get re-elected or left in the position that gave them access to the children.

The difference is that when a Rep./conservative does this kind of thing, they go to jail, when a Dem./liberal does it, they get re-elected or left in the position that gave them access to the children.

In every case?

Can you name a specific case of such a "liberal"-enemy-guy doing this?

In every case?

No, but in the majority of the cases. We have had two sitting Dem. congresscritters get repeatedly re-elected after it was known and proven that they broke the law in this area. We've seen multiple cases outside of Congress where liberals were cuaght red-handed and walked away from the charges. But if it's a Rep./conservative, almost all the time, they pay the price for their crime.

The charge is child prostitution. It's not the common or pedestrian prostitution.

Younger than 18 in Ok is a minor when prostitution is involved. The kid is 17 so Shortey gets charged with child prostitution. Close only counts in hand grenades and horseshoes. Seventeen going on eighteen just doesn't count no matter how close the kid may be. By the law the kid is a child.

w640-b88514cafefcd2f740c8da3973350b95-361x450.jpg

He even gets a hand job in his office! Wow!

Seriously folks, what I don't get is this: why on earth don't the family values people realise that if they stopped pushing their agenda, guys like this wouldn't supress their sexuality for years resulting in stuff like this? It's like insisting on celibacy for Catholic priests - fit healthy young men supressing sexual urges: ultimately all that sexual energy goes where?

Stop demonising sex, stop promoting hatred of gays, celebrate the joy of sex and educate young people to enjoy it safely and responsibly. This guy might not have ended up furtively soliciting a young prositute if he'd grown up in an environment where he could have openly gone with the guys he fancied when he was 18. Not an excuse for his behaviour, but you get where I'm coming from. What kind of environment did this guy grow up in in Oklahama? The really twisted bit is that the family values crowd will now condemn this "gay" crime.

No, in my condemnation of the family values crowd I'm not sticking up for Shortey. I condenm him too. Whatever the circumstances that led him to do this, anybody pushing a hateful agenda that gets caught doing this deserves the publicity. Sorry for his wife and kids, but that's the fact of the matter.

Dems have had there share of sex scandals for sure. But when one of the flock let the veil slip, and they can no longer hide behind the family value BS, its rather ironic.

Dems never claimed to be the party of "family values" is the difference. In the past quarter century, the religious right has always lined up with republicans

This **** was off at uganda promoting "kill the gays" while he was allegedly sucking off boys in hotels. That's quite different from a quadruple married politician who never incorporated into his campaign that he's god fearing family man and that the unfaithful should be shot

I guess the part about being the chairman of his campaign in OK was easily overlooked by you...:lamo

Not like republicans need a campaign in oklahoma. It's amazing how oklahoma, christianity, and republicans are so homophobic, yet it's always the combination for being caught with a male prostitute

Maybe they should wake the **** up and stop voting republican, or figure out what they really want - homophobic religion or same sex hookers

Back
Top Bottom