• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Oil price keeps going down, great for Obama

Another ridiculous post. Our recovery has been going on for three years. The recent slow down Is the result of the problems in Europe and Asia. The stupid pipeline is inconsequential in the big picture.

I sit astounded... you cant be for real..

100% untrue.

Going into rabid denial won't change those facts. No doubt you yourself called it a war for oil at least once.

wrong again.

the cost of oil these days has nothing to do with America's economy.

I don't know if that's exactly true....we do account for what....25% of global energy consumption or some ridiculous number? I do agree though international consumption really waters down the effect we have on prices as a whole.

the price of gas in SW Ohio is still around 3.75 a gallon. It went down to 3.59 briefly and its back up to 3.75. Diesel's over 4 dollars

It's still $4.15-$4.30 in the great golden state. The excuse has to do with the refineries that produce the particular blend required here being serviced. Sounds to me like a California rip off.

Still, the price of oil going down is good news for the country, except, of course, for pols wanting to find something to blame on the current administration in order to get into power and then continue the same policies that are currently in place, while trying to convince the voters that they're fixing what the previous administration messed up.

Speaking of messed up.... what a messed up system we have.

the FACT is, lower gas prices is good for Obama.

whether its his doing or not. :)

I see, so now you change your story and admit he didn't nothing to affect gas prices.

hey folks like Sarah Palin & Michelle Bachmann think Obama has a huge effect on the price of oil.

I'm only agreeing with them.

You didn't answer my question at all, and I'll bet Palin knows more about oil than Obama. I'll be Obama wouldn't know how to check the oil in his limosine. :lol:

I sit astounded... you cant be for real..

You sit, as usual, without a whiff of a rational argument ... or in this case, without any argument at all.

You didn't answer my question at all, and I'll bet Palin knows more about oil than Obama. I'll be Obama wouldn't know how to check the oil in his limosine. :lol:
I'll bet he knows how to spell limousine.

You sit, as usual, without a whiff of a rational argument ... or in this case, without any argument at all.

for the daft...the reason gas is going down is UNEMPLOYMENT... period.. in other news, traffic is much less in the major cities as nobody is on the road.. and the price is still high due to Obama and speculation on drilling laws.

but you just keep on back slapping Obama.. it appears to be the only thing you know how to do.

hey folks like Sarah Palin & Michelle Bachmann think Obama has a huge effect on the price of oil.

I'm only agreeing with them.

The trouble you have with this line of "logic" is that Mrs. Palin has a point.

Whatever the price, supply could be higher without this administration's current policies. Recent supply increases have not occurred because of this president - though he likes to take credit for things happening in the periphery around him - they have occured in spite of him, due to technological advances in the tools companies have at their disposal now for the acquisition of energy. He's still pushing the environmentalist agenda and blocking oil exploration.

I'll bet he can't drive one.
Funny, I would bet Romney has been driven around in a limo much more than the President has. I think this idea that Obama comes form a higher economic strata than Romney is very funny.

I'll bet Palin knows more about oil than Obama.

While the smear job by the liberal media will prevent Sarah Palin from ever becoming president, she would make a great Secretary of the Interior for the next Republican president.

While the smear job by the liberal media will prevent Sarah Palin from ever becoming president, she would make a great Secretary of the Interior for the next Republican president.
She would be worse than Watt.

for the daft...the reason gas is going down is UNEMPLOYMENT... period.. in other news, traffic is much less in the major cities as nobody is on the road.. and the price is still high due to Obama and speculation on drilling laws.

but you just keep on back slapping Obama.. it appears to be the only thing you know how to do.

So if gas prices are controlled solely by unemployment, you would have to concede that -- considering the much higher gas prices now versus Jan. 2009 -- Obama has done an amazing job lowering unemployment! :lol:

The trouble you have with this line of "logic" is that Mrs. Palin has a point.

Whatever the price, supply could be higher without this administration's current policies. Recent supply increases have not occurred because of this president - though he likes to take credit for things happening in the periphery around him - they have occured in spite of him, due to technological advances in the tools companies have at their disposal now for the acquisition of energy. He's still pushing the environmentalist agenda and blocking oil exploration.

First, more domestic oil is being produced now than was being produced under Bush. Second, the lead time between exploration and production, i.e. any effect on the market, is generally about 10 years, so even IF Obama was cracking down on exploration (which he isn't), it would have zero effect on current prices. Third, even if Obama lifted ALL limits on exploration, it would have a barely noticeable impact on global oil prices even 10 years down the road.

First, more domestic oil is being produced now than was being produced under Bush. Second, the lead time between exploration and production, i.e. any effect on the market, is generally about 10 years, so even IF Obama was cracking down on exploration (which he isn't), it would have zero effect on current prices. Third, even if Obama lifted ALL limits on exploration, it would have a barely noticeable impact on global oil prices even 10 years down the road.

wrong as always.. but you do have moxie as an Obama propagandist

Back
Top Bottom