• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Obama shrugs off Russian hacking — until Donald Trump elected president[W:41]

Re: Obama shrugs off Russian hacking — until Donald Trump elected president

Initially it had nothing to do with Trump. The leftists used the 'Russia' boogeyman to ignore the exposure of the content of the DNC emails.

Since the election, the leftists have done any and everything they can to try to de-legitimize Trumps election. Its nothing more than a ploy.

Remember...THIS was the rat assclowns response to Russia prior to 2016...

You type "Initially it had nothing to do with Trump." even though the ****ing TITLE of your video is "Clinton Camp: Russia coordinated DNC attack to help Trump"

:lamo

You type "Initially it had nothing to do with Trump." even though the ****ing TITLE of your video is "Clinton Camp: Russia coordinated DNC attack to help Trump"

:lamo
It LITERALLY has nothing to do with Trump and everything to do with trying to avoid answering the damning content. The left has been desperate to make this be about Trump when in fact it is about the DNC ****ing over Bernie Sanders and collusion with the media.

Of course you know that...but you have to do your 'thing'....right?

It LITERALLY has nothing to do with Trump and everything to do with trying to avoid answering the damning content. The left has been desperate to make this be about Trump when in fact it is about the DNC ****ing over Bernie Sanders and collusion with the media. Of course you know that...but you have to do your 'thing'....right?

Now you're trying to change the subject to Bernie Sanders?

The thread claims that Obama and the Democrats did not care about Russian hacking until Trump won. Go look at the OP. The thread is a lie. In defending the lie that is this thread, you accidentally cited a video about Russia hacking the DNC to help Trump, to support your statement that Russian hacking (the subject) initially had nothing to do with Trump.

It's not my fault if someone else weaves a tangled web and then trips over it.

This is a very interesting answer. so your argument is, that because trump had very little winning, Russian hacking was unimportant. but once he one, it's now a huge matter that we must get to the bottom of?

Again you lack of any cognitive behavior is puzzling. Yes it is a huge matter when the CIC may well be a Russian stooge but as a candidate not so much. Unlike Comey, Obama was especially careful not to interfere with the election. Afterwards it was different.

From the article:

"Foreign governments have launched numerous cyberattacks on the U.S. government and sensitive industrial sites, but Republicans say President Obama has not responded in a forceful way to years of Russian hacking. A more assertive response might have headed off the type of hacking Russia is accused of launching during the presidential election, they say."

Unlike what some have said here, this actually IS a big deal. The problem is no one has figured out yet what should a more assertive response to cyberattacks consist of. Military action? Try to bring down another country's electrical grid? or? or? Obama came up with a minor punishment, but that's not going to stop them.

If the Washington Times thinks Obama did too little, they must really be down on Trump who seems to want to do even less...didn't see that in the article though, must have forgot to include that.

Now you're trying to change the subject to Bernie Sanders?

The thread claims that Obama and the Democrats did not care about Russian hacking until Trump won. Go look at the OP. The thread is a lie. In defending the lie that is this thread, you accidentally cited a video about Russia hacking the DNC to help Trump, to support your statement that Russian hacking (the subject) initially had nothing to do with Trump.

It's not my fault if someone else weaves a tangled web and then trips over it.
Did you actually watch the videos? The DNC ****ed over Sanders...got exposed...and rather than own it they have done their damnedest to make it be about the Russians and Trump and NOT about the content of the emails. They are counting on the mindless parrots carrying their water for them. And its working quite nicely for them.

Isnt it?

How has Trump responded? Denial and what else? More denial? Really, at least Obama didn't treat Putin like one of his comrades.

Putin has Trump by his marbles. He could bring down a sitting US president by merely showing evidence that the accusations are true. It wouldn't hurt Putin one bit, it might even make him more popular as a politician. Trump, though, would be done with a capital D. That, more than anything, concerns me, that the pathological narcissist in the whitehouse might do ANYTHING rather than be embarrassed, impeached and fired.

It's going to be a crazy four years.

Explanation: you are lying. This was a worry all along and it was talked about it all along.

Please stop with the hysterics. I've shown evidence of my position, you could argue that I am wrong, and show evidence, or you can have a tantrum and call me a liar.

either way, doesn't bother me. ;)

Again you lack of any cognitive behavior is puzzling. Yes it is a huge matter when the CIC may well be a Russian stooge but as a candidate not so much. Unlike Comey, Obama was especially careful not to interfere with the election. Afterwards it was different.

Your penchant for hysterics is even more puzzling. what you would have to believe, would make mccarthy jealous. DO you actually think things through before you form an opinion?

Obama had a duty to protect the United states, and the constitution, he swore to that. your argument that he was too much a bitch to do so it rather telling.

Look, Shiny Object

Congratulations. You described perfectly the entire Trump/Russia fiasco: a shiny object kicked around by people who hate Trump and will do ANYTHING to destroy him or at the very least, obstruct his political agenda.

it wasnt that long ago the alt-reich wing was insistent that there was no russian hacking/involvement

A Nazi reference? How original :roll:

Don't you people get tired of Godwining every 5 minutes?

Please stop with the hysterics. I've shown evidence of my position, you could argue that I am wrong, and show evidence, or you can have a tantrum and call me a liar.

either way, doesn't bother me. ;)

"Hysterics" and "tantrum"....you do seem to use those terms a lot when someone disagrees. Anyway, I said you were lying in the one particular post I quoted, that's rather different than calling you a name.

I'm not sure what there is to argue about, with a person who makes the blatantly false claim that the Dems ignored Russian hacking until Trump was elected. It's like arguing with a claim that the sky is actually red.

Go stand on a street corner and shout about the red sky. You'll get similar reactions.

Congratulations. You described perfectly the entire Trump/Russia fiasco: a shiny object kicked around by people who hate Trump and will do ANYTHING to destroy him or at the very least, obstruct his political agenda.

Oh...it's just a plot, is it? No meat there?

I hope you didn't post in anger about Clinton and her private email server.

:doh

Questions:

1. why did Obama and the Democrat party not care up until Trump was elected?

2. Why did the media, simply not care in 2014 that the Russians hacked the pentagon and state department. why didn't the obama admin show concern?

Explain this.... why suddenly are we worried about russians? [/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR]
[h=1]

[/h]

The Democrats cared a LOT. It was in the news every day for months. Do you read the news?

Obama, as President, couldn't make public statements about certain things. He did not want to shake the citizens' trust in our election system, for one thing. But we now know that there was plenty going on behind the scenes...evidence being preserved, information being disseminated to members of Congress, and such. There was an intelligence agency/FBI investigation going on.

I understand the Trumpers want to create a distraction from a very serious investigation of Trump and his team, but Obama is not to blame for your woes. The guy you voted for is to blame for his actions and the actions of his team.

I don't think Trumpers understand the seriousness of this. An enemy of our country sought to influence our election, as it has done in other countries.

I don't know the heart of Obama and whether or not he "cared"

But it may have looked like he was trying to monkey with the election if he started going on about the GOP candidate.
So there's that.

Also, haven't we been concerned about the Ruskies since the end of WWII?

Moderator's Warning:
Yeah, let's knock off the personal comments and baiting. Stick to commenting about the topic, please.

The Democrats cared a LOT. It was in the news every day for months. Do you read the news?

Obama, as President, couldn't make public statements about certain things. He did not want to shake the citizens' trust in our election system, for one thing. But we now know that there was plenty going on behind the scenes...evidence being preserved, information being disseminated to members of Congress, and such. There was an intelligence agency/FBI investigation going on.

I understand the Trumpers want to create a distraction from a very serious investigation of Trump and his team, but Obama is not to blame for your woes. The guy you voted for is to blame for his actions and the actions of his team.

I don't think Trumpers understand the seriousness of this. An enemy of our country sought to influence our election, as it has done in other countries.

Is it better when friends try to influence the vote?

High quality global journalism requires investment. Please share this article with others using the link below, do not cut & paste the article. See our T&Cs and Copyright Policy for more detail. Email ftsales.support@ft.com to buy additional rights.
https://www.ft.com/content/ba4fd8a4-089c-11e6-b6d3-746f8e9cdd33

Standing alongside David Cameron in Downing Street, the US president delivered a clear warning that Britain would be less secure, less influential and less prosperous if it votes to leave the EU on June 23.

Challenging Brexit campaigners who had told the US president to stay out of the debate, Mr Obama said: “I’ve not come here to fix a vote, I’m offering my opinion. You should not be afraid to hear an argument being made.
https://www.ft.com/content/ba4fd8a4-089c-11e6-b6d3-746f8e9cdd33
What Russia did according to all evidence is business as usual.

Questions:

2. Why did the media, simply not care in 2014 that the Russians hacked the pentagon and state department. why didn't the obama admin show concern?

Explain this.... why suddenly are we worried about russians? [/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR]
[h=1]

[/h]

Political convenience.
Notice this sudden interest in ethics, when last year it was a "nothing burger."

Or the fact that people handwave, US interference in other countries.
It's concern trolling for political points.

"Hysterics" and "tantrum"....you do seem to use those terms a lot when someone disagrees. Anyway, I said you were lying in the one particular post I quoted, that's rather different than calling you a name.

I'm not sure what there is to argue about, with a person who makes the blatantly false claim that the Dems ignored Russian hacking until Trump was elected. It's like arguing with a claim that the sky is actually red.

Go stand on a street corner and shout about the red sky. You'll get similar reactions.

You seemed to have taken my post out of context to avoid discussing the actual topic. Instead of suggesting I am lying, perhaps you can explain why you disagree.

or not. I care not.

It's really a sad display when people who call anyone who doesn't mouth foam with hatred for trump "trumpers" et. al. I've shown numerous links in this thread indicating you are wrong about this. Perhaps you can discuss them instead of calling me a "Trumper". I didn't vote for the guy. He's too big gov for me.

I don't know the heart of Obama and whether or not he "cared"

But it may have looked like he was trying to monkey with the election if he started going on about the GOP candidate.
So there's that.

Also, haven't we been concerned about the Ruskies since the end of WWII?

They were monkeying with the election. if it was a violation of law or espionage, he swore an oath, remember?

They were monkeying with the election. if it was a violation of law or espionage, he swore an oath, remember?
Your assertion is that Obama had incontrovertible proof that the Ruskies had ****ed the election, but Obama sat on it?

Your assertion is that Obama had incontrovertible proof that the Ruskies had ****ed the election, but Obama sat on it?

No, My contention is that if there was actual proof, it would have come out earlier. demonstrating that it's a witch hunt today.

Questions:

[h=1]

[/h]

I still wonder why the democrats never were concerned when Obama was caught on that hot mic telling the Russians HE CAN DO MORE AFTER THE ELECTIONS ! :shock:

Back
Top Bottom