• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

NYT updates Kavanaugh 'bombshell' to note accuser doesn't recall alleged assault

Straight to the whataboutisms :roll: Any comment on what the NYT just did or are you incapable of being critical of your own side

Everyone holds the NYT and the media to a high standard. The NYT knows this as well, that's why they corrected the story within 24 hours. Trump supporters don't hold Trump or pro-Trump publications to any standard.This isn't a whataboutism. It's just the ugly truth. Can you name one instance where Trump said: "You know what, I was wrong, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said that."? And how many times have we heard trump was 100% correct, because there was an infinitesimal grain of truth hiding behind a mountain of lies and bullsh...

Last edited:
ROTFLOL... No... Pizzagate was not something 99% of the Right believed. Tell me... was FOXNEWS reporting this as a viable story? No.

Yet, The Goebbels Media poison you have been ingesting has been constant. A false story 11.5 days on average.
86 Media Mistakes in the Trump Era: The Definitive List | Sharyl Attkisson

Would you enter into a relationship with those who lie to you so easily with regularity? It seems you would.

Pizzaagate is still going strong. It's been folded into QAnon now. Q followers proudly wear their T-shirts at Trump rallies now. Someday after this is all over, someone will publish a study detailing the number and types of Trump stooges. It should be interesting. I'm sure there are researchers under cover right now gathering material. I'd be careful if I were you.

Oh noz! A news source corrected a story!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How dare they!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know, your news sources don't care about facts, so they do not bother to correct their stories, but that is why regular media is better than the stuff you use.

In light of the fact that some Democrats were calling for a Kavanaugh impeachment based on the The New York Times story published Saturday night, the correction is a BIG deal.

He has huh? I don't see it in the polls. How is Trump and Fox doing with those caravans coming up from Mexico that they endlessly covered prior to the midterm elections?

Considering:

1. The Goebbels Media has fomented a falsehood every 11.5 days about Trump...

...and...

2. Their polling was laughably wrong during the 2016 election...

The Goebbels Media polling doesn’t amount to much.

It's a big deal the NYT left this detail out, but let's be honest, the GOP majority Senate would have never impeached Kavanaugh based solely on the details of this story anyway.

The objective is not impeachment....it’s intimidation for any future candidates.

The left will lie in spades about you and ruin your life if you take a nomination from the right and double if it’s from Trump.

Democratic leaders are fully on board with this tactic. Wait til RBG gets replaced by Trump...we ain’t seen nothing yet.

Pizzaagate is still going strong. It's been folded into QAnon now. Q followers proudly wear their T-shirts at Trump rallies now. Someday after this is all over, someone will publish a study detailing the number and types of Trump stooges. It should be interesting. I'm sure there are researchers under cover right now gathering material. I'd be careful if I were you.

This was a media misinformation campaign from right leaning outlets?

No it was not.

I heard about this when it happened, heard about the indictments, and that’s it.

You’re really stuck on finding Right leaning media misinformation... aren’t ya? Yes you are.

And then there's Pizzagate. Still going strong in certain right wing circles. You guys live and breath lies and smears.

Ah those Birthers, still searching for Obamas Kenyan birth certificate. I luv how are resident Righties think there s**t dont stink.

Everyone holds the NYT and the media to a high standard. The NYT knows this as well, that's why they corrected the story within 24 hours. Trump supporters don't hold Trump or pro-Trump publications to any standard.This isn't a whataboutism. It's just the ugly truth. Can you name one instance where Trump said: "You know what, I was wrong, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said that."? And how many times have we heard trump was 100% correct, because there was an infinitesimal grain of truth hiding behind a mountain of lies and bullsh...

About the same as Obama... and Obama had some colossal **** ups and lies.

The NYT and Goebbels Media are held to no standard, for they have none.

In fact, one NYT reporter said the rules must change to stop Trump.

NY Times writer who urged journalists to abandon objectivity to defeat Trump now says media needs 'new strategy to cover him'
NY Times writer who urged journalists to abandon objectivity to defeat Trump now says media needs ‘n

New York Times: We blew it on Trump

If you seriously believe the Goebbels Media, which includes CNN, NYT, WaPo are objective journalists... you’re both blind and poisoned.

Last edited:
Kamala Harris calling for Kavanaugh's impeachment based on an accusation that the victim doesn't remember. If someone shoves a dick in your face, you're going to remember. Doesn't matter how drunk you are.

This is blatant partisanship on Harris's part - pandering to the dumbest part of her base. Disgusting. She also supported Jessie Smollet. This woman was a prosecutor? Give me a break.

Her rush to judgment to go after Kavanaugh based on an unvetted news publication will seriously effect her vote count in the primary.
The dumb Democrats just keep shooting themselves in the feet.

It's being theorized, and I think it is a sound theory, that there is RBG health news that we are not entirely privy to that is driving their renewed attacks on Kavanaugh. This isn't meant to take down Kavanaugh, but as an object lesson to an RBG replacement.

Considering:

1. The Goebbels Media has fomented a falsehood every 11.5 days about Trump...

...and...

2. Their polling was laughably wrong during the 2016 election...

The Goebbels Media polling doesn’t amount to much.

First, anyone who refers to the media as "The Goebbels Media" doesn't deserve to be taken serious.
Second, I read your link and it makes an unpersuasive case. As an example: Ms. Atkinson wrote, "The New York Times and other media widely suggested or implied that Trump had not paid income taxes for 18 years." Her link (USA Today) specifically says, "Trump may not have paid [income] taxes for 18 years." That's actually a true statement, since Trump hasn't released tax returns.

What I read is an attempt to undermine generally true reporting with nitpicking.

Have you noticed the caravans have stopped because the election is over?
The reporting of these mysterious caravans has stopped because the election is over. That was the point of Trump hyping it and Fox carrying it. They wanted to scare voters. It didn't work.

First, anyone who refers to the media as "The Goebbels Media" doesn't deserve to be taken serious.
Second, I read your link and it makes an unpersuasive case. As an example: Ms. Atkinson wrote, "The New York Times and other media widely suggested or implied that Trump had not paid income taxes for 18 years." Her link (USA Today) specifically says, "Trump may not have paid [income] taxes for 18 years." That's actually a true statement, since Trump hasn't released tax returns.

What I read is an attempt to undermine generally true reporting with nitpicking.

Ahhhh... another lame attempt by a poisoned soul who doesn’t like his poisoned trough given an accurate moniker.

Tell me, with a false story every 11.5 days, and one running daily for years, what would you call such journalistic malfeasance?

Her link (USA Today) specifically says, "Trump may not have paid [income] taxes for 18 years." That's actually a true statement, since Trump hasn't released tax returns.

ROTFLOL... no. There is zero proof Trump hasn't Paid taxes for 18-years, so the story is false.

It’s like saying Obama is a **** sucker because he is effeminate.

Then again: Barack Obama & Larry Sinclair

Last edited:
The Goebbels Media strikes out again.

Trump has exposed and broken the insane Democrats and their Goebbels Media wing.

My understanding of the matter is that the NYT allowed the authors to publish the editorial as a tease for their soon to be reales es book on Kavanaugh. It is my further understanding that in the book the alleged incident is still unsubstantiated.
That being said, if you want to sell a lot of books then releasing some salacious charges against Trump is a good way to do that. Much of the public really doesn’t care whether such charges are true or not.

My understanding of the matter is that the NYT allowed the authors to publish the editorial as a tease for their soon to be reales es book on Kavanaugh. It is my further understanding that in the book the alleged incident is still unsubstantiated.
That being said, if you want to sell a lot of books then releasing some salacious charges against Trump is a good way to do that. Much of the public really doesn’t care whether such charges are true or not.

Only if you’re a Leftist can you be offered such malpractice and “advertising” by any Goebbels Media outlet.

Only if you’re a Leftist can you be offered such malpractice and “advertising” by any Goebbels Media outlet.

This isn't okay.

What I want to know is why Trump supporters are never irritated when Trump or Trump propaganda outlets lie.

It just seems like you guys just eat it up, like you enjoy the fact Trump lies, like you are getting back at the media or something, and that Trump lying just to get back at the media is okay.

CNN last week NY Times this week. The left wing propaganda news as usual. :roll:

The objective is not impeachment....it’s intimidation for any future candidates.

The left will lie in spades about you and ruin your life if you take a nomination from the right and double if it’s from Trump.

Democratic leaders are fully on board with this tactic. Wait til RBG gets replaced by Trump...we ain’t seen nothing yet.

Do you think Kavanaugh didn't try to have sex with Ford? And isn't it important that people know what Kavanaugh did during the course of his life that might impact how he would decide cases?

I think it's important that Kavanaugh either decided not to force himself on her, or was too drunk to do so, but do you think the incident Ford described didn't happen?

And do you support the tactics that Republicans are engaged in? Remember Garland? Was that okay? And let's talk about Trump. Republicans are willing to back one of the most incompetent and corrupt Presidents ever, for only two reasons: Abortion, and Immigration. Nothing else matters. And every action is justified so long as these two policy goals are being tackled.

Last edited:
CNN last week NY Times this week. The left wing propaganda news as usual. :roll:

They corrected it within 24 hours. When has Trump ever corrected anything?

And Kamala should know better, as she knows about taking dick.

I wonder, why has the Goebbels Media given her a pass for ****ing her way forward?

Harris traded sex for her career? Do you have some sources?

They can print a full retraction...but it wont make a difference. They have accomplished their goal. They gave the idiot leftists the nudge and look at them go. They whispered the lie and the idiot leftists are screaming it at the top of their lungs.

It's being theorized, and I think it is a sound theory, that there is RBG health news that we are not entirely privy to that is driving their renewed attacks on Kavanaugh. This isn't meant to take down Kavanaugh, but as an object lesson to an RBG replacement.

That's exactly what it seems to be. Trump is about to get another appointment and make it 6-3, so they're trying to go after Kavanaugh again. They can't do to the next candidate what they did to Kavanaugh. That won't go well for them and they know it.

Isn't it kind of funny how they nearly always have to correct the story in one direction - the one more beneficial to the republican/conservative side?

The right always believed the media was biased. Now even more people realize the media is biased to the left. They might be getting some decent results in the short term, but the damage to the media in the long term is going to be huge.

I think most retractions are technical in nature. A name misspelled, a wrong positon title used, etc. Still, this looks like bad news for the NYT to me.

About the same as Obama... and Obama had some colossal **** ups and lies.

That's just not true. Obama is a good person. He was generally a good President. A lot of the stuff you say are lies are just things Obama was blocked from doing for various reasons. A lot of the criticism about Obama is mostly the result of Obama being black, and it bugs some white people to have a black person as their leader. It bugs them so much, they still talk about him, just as you're doing, and he's not even the President anymore.

The NYT and Goebbels Media are held to no standard, for they have none.

That's not accurate. They corrected themselves, and everyone, especially liberals and moderates, would think poorly of them had they not corrected themselves.

In fact, one NYT reporter said the rules must change to stop Trump.

Boo-hoo. The NYT does not have any obligation to refrain from being critical of Trump. Nor do they have any obligation to not be biased. Their obligation is to tell the truth. If they want to spend all their time attacking Trump, they have the right to do so.

The journalist in this opinion piece did not say that journalists covering Trump should lie.

The journalist in this piece basically said we should stop pretending Trump isn't an authoritarian demagogue playing to the nation's worst racist tendencies. I agree with the journalist.

The journalist said that the media should stop giving Trump the benefit of the doubt. I agree with the journalist on that point too.

Do you think Trump doesn't lie?Do you think Fox News is "fair and balanced"? Do you actively seek out unbiased sources of information? Are you okay with Fox News and Trump lying, misleading, exaggerating to further YOUR political agenda? When Shep Smith is on do you change the channel? Whose show is recorded on your DVR? Is it Shep Smith or is it Hannity? And do you think Hannity is unbiased? I think we already know the answer to these questions.

I also think it's important for people to recognize that Trump and his supporters are already engaged in a war with the other half of the country. Trump supporters HATE the media. Trump supporters HATE liberals. It's not just about political opposition. Trump supporters and Republicans and Conservatives want liberals DESTROYED. They don't think liberals should be allowed to participate at all. That's why they cheat when they draw electoral maps, and that's why they do things like take votes in State legislatures when the Democrats aren't there.

If you seriously believe the Goebbels Media, which includes CNN, NYT, WaPo are objective journalists... you’re both blind and poisoned.

I 100% think the mainstream media is biased. At the same time I also agree with most "liberal" outlets on social issues and I think gay people should have equal rights, I think Roe v. Wade isn't that big of a deal, and I don't think illegal immigrants are an existential threat to the United States.

I believe they try to tell the truth, and I know when they mistake they rectify it, just like they did here. And they corrected this mistake within 24 hours. When was the last time Trump ever corrected...anything?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom