• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Nunes again proves he’s a liar and a trump stooge

code, I know its pointless but asking you explain how you ignore don jr telling you they discussed dirt on Hillary is not flailing. Its just another cowardly and/or dishonest dodge on your part.

Are you STILL stick to your contention that Trump Jr. is talking about what happened in emails written BEFORE the meeting?

er uh Code, I realize that you ignored that trump's lawyers admitted trump dictated the lying press release about don jr's meeting. When asked about his lies, trump said it didn't matter

President Donald Trump said on Friday that it doesn’t matter if he misled the media about his son’s infamous 2016 Trump Tower meeting with Russian nationals.
The president’s lawyers admitted nearly two weeks ago that he dictated a statement that Donald Trump Jr. released about the meeting. When pressed by reporters Friday morning, Trump said, “It’s irrelevant. It’s a statement to The New York Times. The phony, failing New York Times.”

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/trump-donald-trump-jr-statement_us_5b23be85e4b0d4fc01fda677

Here's what you need to understand. Trump said the meeting was about adoptions. He admits he lied. So even your dear leader admits the meeting was not about adoptions. Now code, if you respond, don't whine about me or deflect. Just address the fact that trump admitted he lied hence proving to even you, the meeting was not about adoptions. thanks in advance.

Your opinion on what the content of the link says is, once agin, wrong.

Is English your second language?

Are you STILL stick to your contention that Trump Jr. is talking about what happened in emails written BEFORE the meeting?

poor code, you've really stuck in a loop aren't you. Well let me help you. The emails tell you why don jr went to meet the Russians. Don jr then admitted they discussed dirt on Hillary. Here's the part you've yet to grasp. He said that after the meeting. And code, we've had this discussion already. Your brain is obviously trying to protect from the facts so you keep confusing two separate things "what was in the email" and what "don jr said after the meeting".

But code, the emails prove what the meeting was about. If you want to ignore don jr admitting he discussed dirt on Hillary, you need to explain the emails instead of simply posting "nuh uh".

Your opinion on what the content of the link says is, once agin, wrong.

Is English your second language?

Code, this is just another "nuh uh". It was already reported that Trump dictated the lying press release. Trump said "nuh uh". A couple of weeks ago trump's lawyers admitted trump dictated the memo. So you don't get to pretend not to understand the context of trump saying "so what, its the lying NY times".

watch the video if you want.

https://thinkprogress.org/trump-lied-in-statement-about-russian-meeting-224345b768e3/

If Trump Jr lied, why hasn't he been charged?
Lalaland...do you like living the fantasy?

L8R...:roll:

Another classic. See how you created a “narrative” to justify your obedient opinions. “arrested yet” is not a criteria to determine dishonesty. Lying consists of saying something you know is not true. And of course your standards are hypocritical. When it’s a democrat it’s a lie if it turns out to not be true. With your conservative masters, the standard is “he hasn’t been arrested yet”. As a favor to you because your conservative masters dont tell you the truth, you're in a thread to show jr having 3 different versions of the Tower meeting. And fyi, trump also said things that he knew were not true. As a person who is “not completely all there” it will be very difficult for you to process. You're going to have to put effort into it.

But don't put too much stock into what don jr said because this was his third version of the meeting. But again, it doesn't matter if they discussed sanctions or not (which only makes it worse), the purpose of the meeting was to get dirt on Hillary.

After the New York Times reported on the existence of the Trump Tower/Russia meeting, Trump Jr. first claimed it was about Russian adoptions. But his explanation for the meeting changed three times. Ultimately he settled on: He took the meeting to receive “very high level and sensitive information” that was “part of Russia and its government’s support for Mr. Trump.”

The Washington Post reports that Trump Jr. only issued the “adoptions” explanation to the New York Times after his own father dictated that he say the meeting was about adoptions.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...d-trump-jr-can-answer/?utm_term=.dbce2a8a1150

You should read through the thread and see the guy who refuses to acknowledge that jr lied about the meeting. He’s clearly “not completely all there”. Maybe seeing that quality in someone else will help you out.

Another classic. See how you created a “narrative” to justify your obedient opinions. “arrested yet” is not a criteria to determine dishonesty. Lying consists of saying something you know is not true. And of course your standards are hypocritical. When it’s a democrat it’s a lie if it turns out to not be true. With your conservative masters, the standard is “he hasn’t been arrested yet”. As a favor to you because your conservative masters dont tell you the truth, you're in a thread to show jr having 3 different versions of the Tower meeting. And fyi, trump also said things that he knew were not true. As a person who is “not completely all there” it will be very difficult for you to process. You're going to have to put effort into it.

You should read through the thread and see the guy who refuses to acknowledge that jr lied about the meeting. He’s clearly “not completely all there”. Maybe seeing that quality in someone else will help you out.

Has he been charged with anything?
No.

You sure write allot and say nothing.
Don't break your arm patting yourself on the back.

Caio...

Has he been charged with anything?
No.

You sure write allot and say nothing.
Don't break your arm patting yourself on the back.

Caio...

I clearly pointed out your hilarious, convenient and hypocritical "definition" of lying. that's something right?

I clearly pointed out your hilarious, convenient and hypocritical "definition" of lying. that's something right?

It's also quite likely that ol' Devvy is going to get caught up, and not in a good way, in the Mueller probe.

And that will be delicious.

clearly...:roll:

clearly...:roll:

I see the concept of debate still befuddles you. You've simply posted a childish version of "nuh uh". You cant address "But his explanation for the meeting changed three times" in an honest and intelligent fashion hence your childish "nuh uh".

Somehow a lot of conservatives seemed to have missed the fact that nunes proved himself a liar and trump stooge last year. Which of course came in handy when nunes released his “memo" and ended the house Russia probe. But on fox and friends, nunes tried to downplay don jr’s meeting with the Russians with the long discredited “talking point” about adoptions.

During an interview on Tuesday’s edition of Fox & Friends, House Intelligence Committee Chair Devin Nunes (R-CA) justified the decision made by Republicans on the committee to end its probe into the Trump campaign for possible collusion with Russia with a Trump talking point that was debunked eight months ago.

“If you look at the one example of which was I think bad judgement which is where they met with a Russian lawyer, but it had to do with Russian adoptions,” Nunes said, after he was asked to explain how the House Intelligence Committee arrived at its conclusion that there was no collusion.

https://thinkprogress.org/devin-nun...e-trump-tower-meeting-adoptions-29e45e8dbfc5/

Here don jr’s emails setting up the meeting for those that are still unaware the “adoption” story was a lie.

The email exchange Trump Jr. released, in chronological order

There is a lot of needless spit and frustration in this thread, all avoidable with a good faith understanding of what Nunes said in context. In other words, its a straw man (aka, fake news).

Nunes explained all the reasons they found no collusion (such as the testimony of dozens of people in the campaign). The one instance that people might think it collusion was a meeting that had to do with adoptions - which is undisputed.

What was clarified (not debunked) 8 months ago was the shifting story on the purpose of Trump Jr. agreeing to the meeting, which was the prospect of hearing or obtaining dirt on Hillary Clinton. As it turned out almost all the discussion was on adoptions - the Russians had nothing and only used "dirt" as a ploy.

So Nunes is entirely accurate, a meeting about adoptions is not collusion in any sense of the word.

But then this is a partisan thread so I suppose participants are expected to think uncritically and swallow every screaming headline that feeds their motivated cognition.

There is a lot of needless spit and frustration in this thread, all avoidable with a good faith understanding of what Nunes said in context. In other words, its a straw man (aka, fake news).

Nunes explained all the reasons they found no collusion (such as the testimony of dozens of people in the campaign). The one instance that people might think it collusion was a meeting that had to do with adoptions - which is undisputed.

What was clarified (not debunked) 8 months ago was the shifting story on the purpose of Trump Jr. agreeing to the meeting, which was the prospect of hearing or obtaining dirt on Hillary Clinton. As it turned out almost all the discussion was on adoptions - the Russians had nothing and only used "dirt" as a ploy.

So Nunes is entirely accurate, a meeting about adoptions is not collusion in any sense of the word.

Max, thank you for sharing how you trust Nunes' opinion over what you can see with your own eyes. Jr lied about the meeting. I'm not sure how you missed that. A copy of his email is in post you are responding to. Its why he had to change his story several times. And fyi, they discussed dirt. Jr was disappointed to find out it wasn't about uranium. Yea, remember that lying conservative narrative? I do. Now this is going to come as a shock but Nunes has already been caught lying so you really shouldn't put him on pedestal just yet.

But then this is a partisan thread so I suppose participants are expected to think uncritically and swallow every screaming headline that feeds their motivated cognition.

You know max, its really funny you say that.

Max, thank you for sharing how you trust Nunes' opinion over what you can see with your own eyes. Jr lied about the meeting. I'm not sure how you missed that. A copy of his email is in post you are responding to. Its why he had to change his story several times. And fyi, they discussed dirt. Jr was disappointed to find out it wasn't about uranium. Yea, remember that lying conservative narrative? I do. Now this is going to come as a shock but Nunes has already been caught lying so you really shouldn't put him on pedestal just yet.

You know max, its really funny you say that.

So now that I have "debunked" your central thread claim of "Nunes shown to be a liar" on their findings of no collusion, you want to find a safer refuge by talking about Trump Jr.'s dissembling over why the meeting was arranged? Okay.

Of course he lied by omission, and no one should maintain otherwise. By not being candid and hoping to minimize its significance, Trump Jr.'s initial statement had to be continually revised to be more illuminating and honest . Within a few days, to end the "drip...drip" story at the urging of their lawyers, his full email exchange over the meeting was released.

None the less, Nunes ancillary statement on findings is accurate by all accounts. They found no collusion, in part because the meeting itself mostly turned into a discussion over adoption. A meeting called for one purpose, that actually was called under false pretenses and discusses something else, makes the charge of collusion a fantasy.

I think that rather obvious, no?

So now that I have "debunked" your central thread claim of "Nunes shown to be a liar" on their findings of no collusion, you want to find a safer refuge by talking about Trump Jr.'s dissembling over why the meeting was arranged? Okay.

Of course he lied by omission, and no one should maintain otherwise. By not being candid and hoping to minimize its significance, Trump Jr.'s initial statement had to be continually revised to be more illuminating and honest . Within a few days, to end the "drip...drip" story at the urging of their lawyers, his full email exchange over the meeting was released.

None the less, Nunes ancillary statement on findings is accurate by all accounts. They found no collusion, in part because the meeting itself mostly turned into a discussion over adoption. A meeting called for one purpose, that actually was called under false pretenses and discusses something else, makes the charge of collusion a fantasy.

I think that rather obvious, no?

"dissembling"
"lied by omission "
"initial statement had to be continually revised"
"meeting itself mostly turned into a discussion over adoption"

wow Max, you make a fantastic case that a "charge of collusion a fantasy". maybe its only proof of obstruction. Anyhoo, I think you should call the Mueller team and share with them your information.

"dissembling"
"lied by omission "
"initial statement had to be continually revised"
"meeting itself mostly turned into a discussion over adoption"

wow Max, you make a fantastic case that a "charge of collusion a fantasy". maybe its only proof of obstruction. Anyhoo, I think you should call the Mueller team and share with them your information.

I note your mock incredulity with unsupported innuendo as a straw "argument", just as I previously noted that the self-evident initial and unwise omissions were to minimize the sort of hysterical over-reaction and lurid fantasies you have just provided.

Trump Jrs. poor handling the first few days of the story is undisputed, but a meeting that turns out to be a discussion over adoptions is only "collusion" in getting children adopted (gasp).

Finally, as to the qualifier of "most"; by all reports most (or all) the discussion was on adoptions. However, I make the logical assumption that someone at least said they didn't have the information offered. Is that the "collusion" you hair-pull over?

When Trump wipes his own backside, does Devin Nunes get a mouthful of toilet tissue?

When Trump wipes his own backside, does Devin Nunes get a mouthful of toilet tissue?

Are you part of a Secret Santa / Kris Kringle at your workplace? May I suggest this for that special trumpster in your office? It's the only toilet paper that SPREADS poo on your backside. TRUMP TOILET PAPER.jpg

This is the singularly most corrupt, corrupting and compromised administration, FAR surpassing that of Reagan and amplified in real and not yet realized fallout due to it apparently being beholden to Putin, The Russian Mob and very deep financial crimes.

And yet...for as condemning and scary as your sound-bytes are...they amount to zilch.

Back
Top Bottom