• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Northern Michigan boat launch request fuels controversy for Whitmer

yard-duty-hes-cutting-in-line

It's good to be married to the absolute power queen. No waiting in any line for you. Everyone better get out of your way or the Queen Whitmer may declare an edict wiping you out. All she has to do is say "Boat yards are ordered to remain closed until I chance my mind" and that's the end of that boat yard. Nothing they could do about it. Better do ANYTHING the husband of the governor says or else you lose everything.

Notice how every Democrat avoids any mention of this aspect:

"This morning, I was out working when the office called me, there was a gentleman on hold who wanted his boat in the water before the weekend," Dowker posted. "Being Memorial weekend and the fact that we started working three weeks late means there is no chance this is going to happen."

"Well our office personnel had explained this to the man and he replied, 'I am the husband to the governor, will this make a difference?'"

Claiming he should be able to cut in front of a 3 week waiting line because he's the husband of the all-powerful governor who could order the storage facility outlawed from operation, ie a true shakedown by the husband of a known tyrant.

Do YOU think he should be able to cut in front of everyone in lines because he's married to the governor? Governor Whitmer certain has no problem with his doing so.

No, but I notice you skipped over this part... "The statement said Mallory was respectful and understanding when the company couldn't schedule the installation early."

No, but I notice you skipped over this part... "The statement said Mallory was respectful and understanding when the company couldn't schedule the installation early."

I skipped over nothing.

I bet he says "I'm married to the governor" seeking special favors over the peasants all the time. At least he did this time, didn't he?

Congratulations for the courage of the owner to stand up to the governor that way. I hope there isn't too much retaliation in the future, particularly for it going to the press.

Money always talks at marinas. It's the nature of the business.

He didn't offer money.

Sometimes money works at marinas, sometimes not. I known $5000 got a Marina to immediately do a clean up and NOT report it to the government when a BIG boat I had sunk at the dock and was leaking 500 gallons of diesel fuel and 30 gallons of oil. They did spot it immediately and did clean it up. But where it was at is an extremely environmentally sensitive - even an environmental academy 1 mile away. Even if no cleanup fees, the state probably would have made me pay a hundred thousand for testing to confirm that it had all be captured (since diesel fuel and oil floats and they used a ring of barrier floats specific to contain it and had the equipment to suck it up.)

I had paid 2 people for one year to restore a 1980s big twin turbocharged diesel Cigarette with surface drives - an ex long distance drug running boat. Finally put it at the dock at a marina. At low tide, it settled in the mud below it, that held it down like a suction cup as the tide rose, filling it with water and over the filling points for oil and fuel. That could be described as a bad day. :(

there's been a lot of dark money groups fueling outrage in my state, because they want to replace Whitmer with a Republican.

What does "dark money" mean? People and organizations contribute towards elections in other states all the time. Hollywood limousine liberals - the most hypocritical people on earth - massively contribute to politics and elections in other states.

You don't really try to pretend you are shocked that Republicans want the Democratic governor defeated, do you?

What does "dark money" mean? People and organizations contribute towards elections in other states all the time. Hollywood limousine liberals - the most hypocritical people on earth - massively contribute to politics and elections in other states.

You don't really try to pretend you are shocked that Republicans want the Democratic governor defeated, do you?

Dark money are SuperPACs that were fostered by the SCOTUS's Citizens United decision.
Since the ruling on Citizens United, we can see a surge in political funding that is astronomical. Special interest money dominates, and no concern is given to the voter. People impacted by this ruling suffer because they do not have the money to give to a partisan cause. The question to ask is, “who is donating mountains of cash toward politicians, and where do they get it?”

While it is not difficult to trace who donates to a political cause or candidate, the challenge lies in who is donating and where is the money coming from. Citizens United is a “Petri Dish” for money laundering through the 501(c)(4)’s that do not have to disclose the source of their donations. It is the millionaire class and above that support this system.

Politicians that profit from dark money donors will do nothing to address the inequality that has infected our political system. They do not seek to have a transparent system. Elected politicians are the only ones that can solve this problem too.

If Trump were the governor of Michigan, the left would have been all over him for a number of things she has done.

If liberals were conservatives they would probably be having similar delusions.

If Trump were the governor of Michigan, the left would have been all over him for a number of things she has done.

No, Trump is far too incompetent to match what any governor has done, so you can't make that comparison. We're talking about the guy whose best plan after four months of unlimited access to the worlds foremost Covid-19 experts was "Maybe injecting disinfectants will work!"

Tell me one other governor that is so intrinsically stupid they suggested injecting disinfectants. We both know you can't.

Yes, you completely missed it.

No boat owner has their boat put in the ester for the intention of NOT using it - just to watch crude build up on the bottom. He had the boat put in the water to use it, while at the same the governor was telling people not to travel during the weekend and even banned traveling to their vacation second home - exactly as her husband did.

This another of endless stories of self-declared dictators like that Democratic governor declaring themselves exempt from their own edicts. After all, total power dictators don't have to follow any rules or laws. It also means her husband doesn't believe a word she says about covid-19. Who would better know she's a pathological liar than her own husband?
Blah, blah, evil dictatorial Democrats, blah, You won’t see a Republican acting like that, blah, blah ......
3E05345E-FCD5-4BCD-8C2D-6AEA6FDE659D.jpg
Chris Christie Closed New Jersey's State Beaches — And Then Went To The Beach
What's worse than a government shutdown closing state-operated beaches on a sweltering holiday weekend?

Now we know: Seeing photos of the governor — a key player in the budget standoff that caused the shutdown — enjoying one of those empty beaches like it was his own private island.
Chris Christie Closed New Jersey's State Beaches — And Then Went To The Beach : The Two-Way : NPR

No, Trump is far too incompetent to match what any governor has done, so you can't make that comparison. We're talking about the guy whose best plan after four months of unlimited access to the worlds foremost Covid-19 experts was "Maybe injecting disinfectants will work!"

Tell me one other governor that is so intrinsically stupid they suggested injecting disinfectants. We both know you can't.

If Trump did the things Whitmer has done the left would be all over him.

There was photos of a bunch of cars at their holiday house.

Hmm, why a bunch of cars when it was just her husband there to rake leaves??

If Trump did the things Whitmer has done the left would be all over him.

Of course. Instead they ignore Biden's racism and the hypocrisy and elitist entitlement of Chicago's Governor and Chicago's Mayor and Virginia's Governor and Michigan's Governor.

Mike Dewine(R) is the governor of Ohio and I think that he has done a very good job on how he has handled the Covid19 crisis. I disagree with him greatly on other matters, especially public school funding and taxes.

Of course. Instead they ignore Biden's racism and the hypocrisy and elitist entitlement of Chicago's Governor and Chicago's Mayor and Virginia's Governor and Michigan's Governor.

And look to the Coronavirus King Cuomo of New York as their hero.

Mike Dewine(R) is the governor of Ohio and I think that he has done a very good job on how he has handled the Covid19 crisis. I disagree with him greatly on other matters, especially public school funding and taxes.

My Democratic governor of Kentucky I also believe is doing a fine job vs the virus. But, this thread is about the left's hypocrisy. If Trump were governor of Michigan doing what Whitmer has done, the left would be all over him.

Dark money are SuperPACs that were fostered by the SCOTUS's Citizens United decision.

So it's nothing that isn't in every election by all political parties and interest groups.

She'll never realize it until it's all gone. Hopefully soon.

I think Whitmer has been a terrible governor. Look at her history. She has never had a job besides being a politician.

I think Whitmer has been a terrible governor. Look at her history. She has never had a job besides being a politician.

:roll:

Back
Top Bottom