• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Noah, Bill Maher Calls Out the Stupid

Re: Bill Maher: God a ‘psychotic mass murderer’ who ‘drowns babies’

Well then you've not read the bible with critical analysis but instead with an intent to be benignly accepting.

Cool I've never met a mind reader before.

However, I'd disagree. God is presented as omniscient which I would argue makes psychosis for him impossible.

He did not rape Mary she consented and there was no sexual act. He was also not the one to crucify him.

No, I'm not going to review his twaddle for the low info folks. I was fed up with his ignorance years ago. He's not Jon Stewart, a comedian who knows the topic of his material intimately, does his homework and thus can make deeply funny observations. Maher is a hack whose material is the fart joke equivilent of any topic he chooses to ignorantly opine upon.

No problem, I have no doubt you'd fail anyway and I can understand people whose faith can't take a challenge.

If observing a fact is being a dickhead, I'm surely guilty. So what do we call folks who shy from seeing facts?

Call them what you like. You gotta wear your own skin.

Can he still be called a comedian? Has he said anything funny over the past 10 years or so?

I think he is now a political commentator.

I find its rarely good to take them seriously either.

There is no place for Jews or Christians to be liberals. They really should all recognize they are conservatives who are hated by liberals. So are all Muslims and Hindus.

Atheist = liberal. Everyone else = conservative.

How about the Buddhists?

I'm implying that maybe some people should read the story of Noah before they criticize it.

Ahh a passive aggressive one aren't ya ;) What was all that consequences talk you are backing away from then?

BTW plenty of people have read that story, and there is beacoup room for criticizing still.

edit. it is possible that I may have misunderstood your initial reply to me, but even if so, I see no way I can glean "read the story" from it in any way shape or form. You are welcome to clarify what it is you meat by "actions have consequences." Bill mahrer's actions? or those that died int he flood? I read the latter initially

Last edited:

How about the Buddhists?

Buddhists are both of course.

What???????

My bad, I mixed up who I was posting to. Very sorry.

I find its rarely good to take them seriously either.

That is true. People keep calling Maher a comedian, but do we still call Al Franken a comedian or is he now a senator?

If observing a fact is being a dickhead, I'm surely guilty. So what do we call folks who shy from seeing facts?

Those who like to "observe facts" to the discomfort of others are indeed assholes. The motivation being not to share information but to cause others discomfort and pain in order to fill some empty need in themselves.

Last edited:

Ahh a passive aggressive one aren't ya ;) What was all that consequences talk you are backing away from then?

BTW plenty of people have read that story, and there is beacoup room for criticizing still.

Im not backing away from any "consequences talk" if you had any inkling of the story of Noah you might realize that God's wrath was because literally everyone but the selected few were unrepentantly wicked and sinful.

Gee Bill, thanks for spoiling the movie.

Bill Mayer is a vile excuse for a man - not surprising, however, that the Obama reelection Super PAC accepted $1 million in campaign contributions from this upstanding model of liberal tolerance and virtue.
Do you think any politician in their right mind would turn down 1 million bucks? Would Mitt Romney have turned it down, in your opinion?

That is true. People keep calling Maher a comedian, but do we still call Al Franken a comedian or is he now a senator?

Al Franken? I'm going with comedian.

I actually do consider the atomic bombs as mass murder and I hold Roosevelt and most of our country responsible for that as I do regarding all the innocents and "collateral" damage that we murder in all our wars where it isn't men fight men on a battlefield wherein all the men there are there because they are soldiers.

Why Roosevelt? And unless you consider abortion murder, then what you're really talking about is mass killing.

Al Franken? I'm going with comedian.

If Al Franken says something offensive from the Senate floor, is it going to be excused because he was once on the worst time period of SNL?

I'd call it "everyone dies anyway", so why isn't God just a 'give it and take it away' kind of guy?

Mother arrested in baby's bathtub drowning death in Newport | Northern Kentucky - WLWT Home

Why do people get all upset when parents drown their kids? The premise here is that in the bible god gave man freewill 'give it and take it away' isnt respecting that premise by any means it is completely hipocritical to assume that god has the right to kill people just because he supposidley created them.

The Noah story shows a god that is a mass muderer and a hypocrit. But lucky for us it is just a story.

Why Roosevelt? And unless you consider abortion murder, then what you're really talking about is mass killing.
Sorry, I made the incorrect connection to Roosevelt and the atomic bombs. Just a huge brain fart, Roosevelt was after that, huh? And no I don't consider abortion murder.

Im not backing away from any "consequences talk" if you had any inkling of the story of Noah you might realize that God's wrath was because literally everyone but the selected few were unrepentantly wicked and sinful.

I added an edit to the post you quoted, but you covered it here and explained what the "consequences" talk was about, so ty.

literally everyone?? the babies? the poor elephants that did not make it on the ark, the ants, the cute little bunnies, all the poor fishies dying a cruel death via osmotic shock?

Nothing worse than a sinful bunny (as made evident by the Rabbit of Caerbannog)

No problem, I have no doubt you'd fail anyway and I can understand people whose faith can't take a challenge.

You don't seem to understand, it's not what some ignorant fool brays about religion that is the question, but why anyone would listen to the fool in the first place. Once again, there are a multitude of other comedians that make hilarious comments about religion, so aware of the subject of their material it borders on the insightful (Carlin springs immediately to mind). But that aint Maher. He's proven over the years his depth is measured in inches, not feet.

Moderator's Warning:
Merged Threads.

If Al Franken says something offensive from the Senate floor, is it going to be excused because he was once on the worst time period of SNL?

I suppose that would depend on whether one took the clown seriously in the first place.

There is no place for Jews or Christians to be liberals. They really should all recognize they are conservatives who are hated by liberals. So are all Muslims and Hindus.

Atheist = liberal. Everyone else = conservative.

Was that sarcasm?

You don't seem to understand, it's not what some ignorant fool brays about religion that is the question, but why anyone would listen to the fool in the first place. Once again, there are a multitude of other comedians that make hilarious comments about religion, so aware of the subject of their material it borders on the insightful. But that aint Maher. He's proven over the years his depth is measured in inches, not feet.

Boy, you sure got a lot of reasons to not show yourself as a failure to the task of finding where he is wrong in anything in the above video. I understand your faith is too weak to be challenged. I accept that. I actually even think it's a good thing your knowledge of the faith can't take the challenge. Maybe there will be hope for you someday.

Sorry, I made the incorrect connection to Roosevelt and the atomic bombs. Just a huge brain fart, Roosevelt was after that, huh? And no I don't consider abortion murder.

No, Roosevelt came before. Do you get the distinction between murder and killing?

Back
Top Bottom