• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Next Up: Change the Bible (interpretation)

Do you consider Reagan an unrepentant sinner who committed adultery against his wife for more than 50 years?

Please don't deflect.

Show me where Christians have rewritten the Bible for their own purposes.

The only way I could have possibly done such would have been at the ballot box here in Texas. "marriage is between a man and a woman"

I believe this to be correct.

Who are you to deny freedom to others? You have no right to force your beliefs upon others.

Who are you to deny freedom to others? You have no right to force your beliefs upon others.
back at ya.

I'll say this again:

God's word predates political correctness. It's the Left who is intolerant and wants to rewrite history, the Constitution and the Bible.

By insisting the religious ignore their beliefs and accept sin as normal behavior.

YOu have no right to force your morals upon others, if you believe same-sex marriage is a sin don't enter into a same-sex marriage, no one is forcing you to.

Please don't deflect.

Show me where Christians have rewritten the Bible for their own purposes.

I am positing that Christians have re-written the biblical prohibition against divorce.

Jesus replied, “Moses permitted you to divorce your wives because your hearts were hard. But it was not this way from the beginning. 9 I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, and marries another woman commits adultery.”

This passage is ignored both in law and in deed by the majority of American Christians today. The fact you are deflecting rather than answering my question regarding Reagan's divorce only proves my point.

YOu have no right to force your morals upon others, if you believe same-sex marriage is a sin don't enter into a same-sex marriage, no one is forcing you to.

Then don't call it marriage because you are in fact forcing the issue.

Other than that do what you want.

Then don't call it marriage because you are in fact forcing the issue.

Other than that do what you want.

Marriage is not exclusively Christian or religious for that matter. Do you get mad when Muslims get married or just a straight couple who wanted a secular marriage?

How? No really, how? It does not affect you in anyway, have the same-sex couples who are already married affected your marriage?

If marriage is subsidized the amount of money required grows if you increase the size of the group you are subsidizing. Add gay marriage and the amount you need for the group goes up.
That leaves less for all but the gay married or wants more taxes.

I am positing that Christians have re-written the biblical prohibition against divorce.

This passage is ignored both in law and in deed by the majority of American Christians today. The fact you are deflecting rather than answering my question regarding Reagan's divorce only proves my point.

Umm, your quote gives exceptions.

I don't know anything about Reagan's marriage but, if he cheated on his wife then (according to your quote) she had the right to divorce him.

If marriage is subsidized the amount of money required grows if you increase the size of the group you are subsidizing. Add gay marriage and the amount you need for the group goes up.
That leaves less for all but the gay married or wants more taxes.

We have gay marriage and so what lots of straight couples getting divorced to, what makes a same-sex marriage less important than a straight marriage? Here you don't get money for being married, you get a tax credit but that is it.

Marriage is not exclusively Christian or religious for that matter. Do you get mad when Muslims get married or just a straight couple who wanted a secular marriage?
Mine is and a sinful union is not.

Not sure why you think I'm mad though. :roll:

Mine is and a sinful union is not.

Not sure why you think I'm mad though. :roll:

Well that is what you believe let others believe what they want.

We have gay marriage and so what lots of straight couples getting divorced to, what makes a same-sex marriage less important than a straight marriage? Here you don't get money for being married, you get a tax credit but that is it.

If we get rid of the subsidies I am okay. Subsidize the kids not the sex.

On the other hand, kids are the greatest gift and happiness everyone says. Why pay for that.

If we get rid of the subsidies I am okay. Subsidize the kids not the sex.

On the other hand, kids are the greatest gift and happiness everyone says. Why pay for that.

The main reason people want to get married and why marriage is also a legal concept is the legal perks. Kids may be the greatest gifts and the future of society but they are also incredibly expensive.

By doing so you are forcing morals on others and denying them their freedom.

There is no freedom in sin.

“Intemperate men can never be free because their (sinful) passions give rise to their fetters (bindings).”

In short, they're slaves to sin.

Like I said, other than voting to assure SSM wouldn't be allowed in Texas, I have done nothing else.

You have voted to deny freedom to same-sex couples that is forcing your morals on others. Americans seem to be okay with curtailing rights and freedoms as long as it agrees with their morals.

There is no freedom in sin.

“Intemperate men can never be free because their (sinful) passions give rise to their fetters (bindings).”

In short, they're slaves to sin.

You can't be slave to a concept that changes form person to person. You have no right to force your morals upon others. It does not affect you so why do you get to decide what other people think and do?

People who remarry are certainly still venerated by the faithful however. You'll find a lot more passages in the bible about divorce than homosexuality, there are divorces in America than homosexuals, yet it receives far less attention by comparison. Nobody even talks about banning second marriages in the political sphere.

Everybody is going to answer to God one day, including unrepentant adulterers and homosexual sinners.

You can't be slave to a concept that changes form person to person.

The scriptures condemning homosexual sin haven't changed lately. The gay pride crowd thinks they might have, but it's not happening.

You have no right to force your morals upon others. It does not affect you so why do you get to decide what other people think and do?

Like I said, I have the right to vote against gay marriage and support those political figures who believe likewise, and there's not a thing you can do to stop that. We may not always win (although sometimes we do), but we have that right.

The scriptures condemning homosexual sin haven't changed lately. The gay pride crowd thinks they might have, but it's not happening.

Like I said, I have the right to vote against gay marriage and support those political figures who believe likewise, and there's not a thing you can do to stop that. We may not always win (although sometimes we do), but we have that right.

I thought Americans were all about freedom, apparently not. In fact it is very easy to stop all the courts have to do is strike it down for the violation of personal freedom it is.

I thought Americans were all about freedom, apparently not. In fact it is very easy to stop all the courts have to do is strike it down for the violation of personal freedom it is.

Odd how these same courts often see the 2A freedom as optional or able to be greatly limited.

Odd how these same courts often see the 2A freedom as optional or able to be greatly limited.

Guns have nothing to do with morals and affect others. Government has no place in deciding morals.

Back
Top Bottom