• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

New York Times Reporter Reprimanded for "Hooker" Comment About Melania Trump

Erod

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
New York Times Reporter Reprimanded for "Hooker" Comment About Melania Trump | Hollywood Reporter

A New York Times reporter has been reprimanded by the paper for a comment made about first lady Melania Trump.

The reporter made the comment on Sunday during a New York Fashion Week event. The newspaper did not identify the name of the staffer.

"At a party last night, a Times reporter who does not cover Washington or politics, referred to an unfounded rumor regarding Melania Trump,” the newspaper said in a statement. “The comment was not intended to be public, but it was nonetheless completely inappropriate and should not have occurred. Editors have talked to the reporter in question about the lapse.”

The comment became public knowledge on Monday after supermodel Emily Ratajkowski said on social media she heard what was said and was outraged over it.

"Sat next to a journalist from the NYT last night who told me 'Melania is a hooker,'" Ratajkowski tweeted. "Whatever your politics it's crucial to call this out for what it is: slut shaming. I don't care about her nudes or sexual history and no one should."

And people wonder why Trump is slamming the media at every turn.

The media should not be trusted. Ever. Journalism today is a complete sham.

New York Times Reporter Reprimanded for "Hooker" Comment About Melania Trump | Hollywood Reporter

Whatever. I haven't considered the NYT a legitimate news organization since they were exposed as working with the DNC to sabotage Bernie Sanders. A lot of people would be fired for making that kind of comment about anyone let alone the First Lady. And keep in mind that the NYT didn't have a problem with the comment until it got exposed to the public.

Sober Trump: I just grab them by the *****!

Response: that's cool, just locker room talk, look at the sissy evil lying librul media!!!!

Drunk Reporter: Melania was a hooker!

Response: BURN IT DOWN!

Didn't people get fired for this kind of stuff, or was that only when said against a liberal/democrat?

Didn't people get fired for this kind of stuff, or was that only when said against a liberal/democrat?

Nobody got fired when the MSM was caught red-handed engaging in sabotage of the Democratic party primaries. And this guy only got reprimanded because he got called out by an offended person.

Nobody got fired when the MSM was caught red-handed engaging in sabotage of the Democratic party primaries. And this guy only got reprimanded because he got called out by an offended person.
Though not the people I was thinking about being fired for saying something, ...
Technically. Wasserman-Schulz resigned. CNN fired/severed ties with Donna Brazile.

Melania a prostitute? I hardly think so.

A Gold-digger? Well, DUH! Of course!

But I hardly consider a gold digger a ho'.

Besides, it don't stinkin' matter because one way or another, you WILL pay, in one form or another, for the female company you keep.

Some guy's can afford the "trophy" wives. And some guys can't.

Don't be hatin'! She's a lot hotter than Hillary.

View attachment 67213932

It was said in private...not as a journalist.

That said, I agree...it is "slut shaming" whether said in private or not.

Really? That's your argument? Trump's comment was private too but it seems to have caused some consternation among the prim and proper crowd.

I'm sure a broke model from an Eastern European backwater had an affair with a married man 24 years her senior because love. It wasn't the money or connections or promise of a green card or anything.

Careful, your misogyny and xenophobia are showing.

Though not the people I was thinking about being fired for saying something, ...
Technically. Wasserman-Schulz resigned. CNN fired/severed ties with Donna Brazile.

Donna Brazile wasn't fired. She took time off from being paid to leak questions in order to be the head of the DNC. CNN definitely didn't fire Brazile. In fact CNN was quite comfortable with Brazile sharing questions with the Clinton campaign and otherwise engaging in corruption.

Ms. Brazile’s discussions with the Clinton campaign first raised concerns earlier in October when emails released by WikiLeaks showed she had contacted Ms. Palmieri to share a question about the death penalty. Ms. Brazile said the question would be asked at a coming CNN town hall.

I wouldn't be surprised if leaking questions is the reason why CNN hired her in the first place. She has a long history of engaging in sabotage...
The Dukakis campaign immediately disavowed her remarks and Dukakis fired her from his campaign staff shortly after the story broke.
Compare how the Dukakis campaign handled her vs how CNN. CNN definitely didn't fire her and would have been more than happy to keep her on. That's why I don't consider CNN to be a legitimate source of news either among a multitude of other things.

Sober Trump: I just grab them by the *****!

Response: that's cool, just locker room talk, look at the sissy evil lying librul media!!!!

Drunk Reporter: Melania was a hooker!

Response: BURN IT DOWN!

Yep. No difference at all. A remark made by a private citizen about the ease with which he can bed women -- and a news reporter calling the First Lady a hooker at a public event. Same thing.

In your partisan dreams.

The NYT is a **** paper all around.

I wouldn't use it for the bottom of a bird cage.

Donna Brazile wasn't fired. She took time off from being paid to leak questions in order to be the head of the DNC. CNN definitely didn't fire Brazile. In fact CNN was quite comfortable with Brazile sharing questions with the Clinton campaign and otherwise engaging in corruption.
So many reports out there.

Severed ties was the same as "accepted resignation".

My bad for not looking further, though again, not originally the people I was thinking about.

Don't be hatin'! She's a lot hotter than Hillary.

Be nice if she showed up for work once in a while instead of leaving visiting dignitaries to entertain themselves while she does I know not what in New York.

I'm sure a broke model from an Eastern European backwater had an affair with a married man 24 years her senior because love. It wasn't the money or connections or promise of a green card or anything.

So what is your explanation of why Hillary would remain married to a serial cheating husband with multiple rape accusations against him. Love?

So what is your explanation of why Hillary would remain married to a serial cheating husband with multiple rape accusations against him. Love?

Hillary is married to Donald? When did that happen?

You go too far, I think. It's just not so that none of "the media" should be trusted ever or that all journalism today is a complete sham. We don't hear about the working journos who did take and pass Journo 101 who are out there doing a good and fair job.

The reporter's remark was ugly, but wasn't it made in a one-on-one conversation about which the other person then tweeted?

It's not fair to indict the entire field based on one person's offhand and (he thought) off-the-record remark.

Really? That's your argument? Trump's comment was private too but it seems to have caused some consternation among the prim and proper crowd.

The journalist could lose his job...and so should Trump. In fact, Trump should never have been elected.

Back
Top Bottom