• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

New Jersey Senate Defeats Gay Marriage Bill

It must be so nice for you that you live so far removed from reality.

Same sex marriage isn't 0-31 in referendum? The vast majority of Americans don't oppose same sex marriage? You yourself don't use the state to deny others their definitions of marriage? You can't marry your first cousin or brother in your state?

All of these things I've been claiming.......you're saying aren't true?

J.....we both know they are true. We both know I'm correct here...and we both know that you yourself....deny others in the exact same manner as I do....and you continue to whine. I'm not the one with the credibility issue here, you're getting emotional. Let's stick to the facts.....and the reality you cannot argue with.

Even some Republicans are beginning to get it right:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAOkwjQdm6Q"]YouTube- The Courage of Mayor Jerry Sanders[/ame]

Its only a matter of time until fair minded Americans get it right.

Its only a matter of time until fair minded Americans get it right.

I think same sex marriage, in fact, many issue concerning what some call 'gay rights' have seen their high water mark, it's fate in referendums proof of this.

Once behavior is dismissed from defining rights altogether is when we can say we've got it right.

I think same sex marriage, in fact, many issue concerning what some call 'gay rights' have seen their high water mark, it's fate in referendums proof of this.

Once behavior is dismissed from defining rights altogether is when we can say we've got it right.

You are fooling yourself if you actually believe that. The numbers are shifting dramatically.
As people become more and more educated and familiar with gay people, their attitudes shift.
Even conservative Republicans are beginning to accept it. If THAT isn't evidence of a shifting demographic, look at the other demographics.
People in America are beginning to recognize that discrimination in any form is wrong. This is just further evidence of that.

Same sex marriage is doomed in this country....When a vote is taken every state has voted against same sex marriage......the count is 31-0....Even states with activist judges like Maine, California and New Jersey whose activist judges and legislatures tried to ram rod gay marriage through were soundly defeated..........Because a few militant gays and far left "feel good liberals" even Civil Unions is in doubt...Many states are including the referendum against civil unions and it has passed in every state with the exception of Arizona who were against gay marriage but not civil unions....They have since passed a referendum against gay marriage.........

In closing I don't know what is going to happen a hundred years down the road like DD does but the trend is not good........It is true that young people are more liberal and sympahetic to the issue but as they grow older, have a family and realize the error in their ways........

Last edited:
Same sex marriage is doomed in this country....When a vote is taken every state has voted against same sex marriage......the count is 31-0....Even states with activist judges like Maine, California and New Jersey whose activist judges and legislatures tried to ram rod gay marriage through were soundly defeated..........Because a few militant gays and far left "feel good liberals" even Civil Unions are in doubt...Many states are including the referendum against civil unions and it has passed in every state with the exception of Arizona who were against gay marriage but not civil unions....

In closing I don't know what is going to happen a hundred years down the road like DD does but the trend is not good........It is true that young people are more liberal and sympahetic to the issue but as they grow older, have a family and realize the error in their ways........

This will be my last word on this issue in this thread.....
100 years? :doh

10 years ago I would have thought it might take 25 years for this Country to come around.
With the dramatic shift in attitudes in the last decade, I believe it will happen it 5.
Hopefully within your lifetime Navy...you will see America once again stand for liberty and justice for all.
When you have a conservative Republican mayor coming around....that is not a good sign for the side of discrimination.

100 years? :doh

10 years ago I would have thought it might take 25 years for this Country to come around.
With the dramatic shift in attitudes in the last decade, I believe it will happen it 5.
Hopefully within your lifetime Navy...you will see America once again stand for liberty and justice for all.
When you have a conservative Republican mayor coming around....that is not a good sign for the side of discrimination.

What do you base that on........You lose every time there is a vote taken..........Yoy have lost 31 states and won none even in the most liberal states like California, Maine, and New Jersey........Your optimism is ridculous..........You live in a fantasy world my left wing friend..........Wake up and smell the roses.........If you want to do something realistic fight for civil unions, that is the best you will ever get.......Take it to the bank...........

Last edited:
What do you base that on........You lose every time there is a vote taken..........Yoy have lost 31 states and won none even in the most liberal states like California, Maine, and New Jersey........Your optimism is ridculous..........You live in a fantasy world my left wing friend..........

10 years ago...Navy....gay marriage was disapproved of by an average of 70%-30%.

Today is almost dead even in most of the country....a shift of 40% in a decade.

If you cannot see the signs of equality coming around....then you are either stubborn or blind.

10 years ago...Navy....gay marriage was disapproved of by an average of 70%-30%.

Today is almost dead even in most of the country....a shift of 40% in a decade.

If you cannot see the signs of equality coming around....then you are either stubborn or blind.

Only in california.....no where else.......every other state and most in the south its closer to 80% against when the people vote...........

Only in california.....no where else.......every other state and most in the south its closer to 80% against when the people vote...........

Actually Navy...you are wrong. With the exception of the extreme Bible Belt....Americans are becoming more and more accepting of fairness and equality.
You will see.....the tide is turning quickly. Its only a matter of time.

Also proven that young people age.:cool:

And more and more older people are losing the fear of coming out.

And more and more children of older people are coming out.

Last edited:

Yeap, my grandmother has a home health worker that is a gay, he is a sweet heart to her. He help out when my grandfather had his stroke. She is a slightly liberal Catholic on some issues.

Last edited:
The Funny Thing about kids. They generally don't have any prejudism or discriminatory ideas until those ideas are taught to them.

We should all see the world much more like children.

But those people already vote in referendum to approve or disapprove of same sex marriage, so, I can't see that changing numbers. Younger people do approve of same sex marriage at a higher % but...they're young. Everyone grows up, everyone matures, everyone gets a tad more conservative.

The less educated more idealistic more apt to believe propaganda, I can see where that would see a higher % of support. But...young adults do age...do grow up....do change their mind on oh so many issues.

The Funny Thing about kids. They generally don't have any prejudism or discriminatory ideas until those ideas are taught to them.

We should all see the world much more like children.

I agree, they don't see race, creed as a bad thing. They're taught to them by their parents. Actually, people of who are older are seeing more averages for same sex marriage.

marriagebyage.png

From, this chart you will see that people of higher age tend to be for same sex as well.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom