• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

New Boss Same As the Old Boss

Right now the republican are not going to manage to get a speaker who can weather the storm. A one vote motion to remove the speaker is all it takes to get the ball rolling. McCarthy should never have agreed to that standard. Now it's a problem again. MTG, should be nominated to be Speaker and voted into the office. If she refuses then she needs to shut up. If she accepts, lets see if she can get the votes? If not maybe she will realize how difficult the process has become.

Its a good thing. Keep the firings going until things improve. Throw them all out.

The $1.2 Trillion spending plan is full of pork and earmarks. Speaker Johnson should have summarily opposed it.

Any competent lawmaker would have. There are a few good parts, but most of the spending package is needless crap.

Speaker Johnson needs to be replaced with someone more competent.

Johnson can't get his party onboard, so he has resort to Democrats putting the resolution through.

Of course for their assistance, Johnson must pass the resolution the Dems desire.

That's life.

I'm actually beginning to like this little Jesus freak.

He seems to be getting things done anyway. And Democrats aren't complaining. He may come away with a record achievement.

I'm kinda' starting to think the same thing.

But straight-up, if I were Dems I'd let Johnson fail & take the shut-down hit. You know? Sun Tzu, & all that?

MTG is already making moves to have him removed. Don't ya just LOVE the shit show on the Right.
Even MORE entertaining is the quick response by Righties calling for Johnson's head, because BY GOLLY, it has money for the border and Trump told them NO DEAL BECAUSE I NEED SOMETHING TO RUN ON.
So, expect lots and lots of whining on this topic from the usual suspects.
View attachment 67500212

If Dems stand by and let MTG remove Johnson, resulting in a shutdown, R's may take a serious hit going into the election.

I don't know how I'd resist it, if I were Jeffries?

Easy fix? That would "fix" nothing. It would open the door for a possibility to some of the worse legislation we have ever witnessed. Danger to democracy, a democrats controlled House and Senate and White House.
Don't worry! That won't happen until after November when Trump has finished his destruction of the GOP. Remember that everything Trumps touches turns to failure.
A quick scan of the list YOU provide shows that is false.

One of the entries from that list that can be considered "social spending" is:

"Lowers child care costs for families and strengthens Head Start with a new $1 billion investment to help families in every zip code afford child care and help ensure Head Start can continue serving hundreds of thousands of kids each year."​

Obviously that would include families in rural areas as well as urban. This would allow all women who might desire it to find a career other than "housewife," or otherwise join the workforce to the benefit of the country as a whole. I would be interested why you seem to think this is not worthy of the country's investment.
I think your poster must prefer to have illegal immigrants make up the necessary work force rather than give woman the option of a career. Maybe it's one of those Christian values things? Must be barefoot and pregnant cooking the mans dinner in the kitchen type stuff?

If Dems stand by and let MTG remove Johnson, resulting in a shutdown, R's may take a serious hit going into the election.

Short term pain for long term gain.

But what if we end up with an extended shut down? Won't that do some serious damage to this country's economy? Remember how long it took the republicans to come up with Johnson?

I'm kinda' starting to think the same thing.

But straight-up, if I were Dems I'd let Johnson fail & take the shut-down hit. You know? Sun Tzu, & all that?

A full reading of Sun Tzu might indicate otherwise. There is the chapter on knowing one's enemy where advice is had on how to negotiate (from strength).

Sun Tzu made no considerations for the people living in the embattled lands, in fact calls them "interference" Nor did he need the support of those peasants after the battle, as Republicans are going to need regardless of the presidential race.

Also, he's a Christian. He's won the 'greatest victory", abortion, and like any good victor knows that to keep it, he must rest his desires in other areas, allow them to become the 'norm' before making the next step.

Just because he looks like the nerd you wished got the shit kicked out of him in high school doesn't mean he isn't smart like a snake.

The $1.2 Trillion spending plan is full of pork and earmarks. Speaker Johnson should have summarily opposed it.

Any competent lawmaker would have. There are a few good parts, but most of the spending package is needless crap.

Speaker Johnson needs to be replaced with someone more competent.
anybody have a list of those earmarks / pork and what Congressmen / Senator put what one in?
I wonder just how many were put in by Republicans.
Have a nice day

But what if we end up with an extended shut down? Won't that do some serious damage to this country's economy? Remember how long it took the republicans to come up with Johnson?

What can we do?

Let the voters decide.

A full reading of Sun Tzu might indicate otherwise. There is the chapter on knowing one's enemy where advice is had on how to negotiate (from strength).

Sun Tzu made no considerations for the people living in the embattled lands, in fact calls them "interference" Nor did he need the support of those peasants after the battle, as Republicans are going to need regardless of the presidential race.

Also, he's a Christian. He's won the 'greatest victory", abortion, and like any good victor knows that to keep it, he must rest his desires in other areas, allow them to become the 'norm' before making the next step.

Just because he looks like the nerd you wished got the shit kicked out of him in high school doesn't mean he isn't smart like a snake.

To get to that position, one needs to let one's enemy dig itself a hole, no?

The deeper they go, I assume the better the negotiation leverage.

Back
Top Bottom