• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Net Neutrality rollback (1 Viewer)

Wouldn't it be nice to know what other bills congress is considering?

• Yes

Votes: 6 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe/depends

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

aero34317

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
The senate just passed a joint resolution 13 days ago that takes us closer to rolling back the net neutrality law set in 2015. Wouldn't it be nice if we were aware of the different bills being considered in congress ?

The senate just passed a joint resolution 13 days ago that takes us closer to rolling back the net neutrality law set in 2015. Wouldn't it be nice if we were aware of the different bills being considered in congress ?

It was in the news and I am 99.99% sure you can just go on Congress's website to find these things.

On the topic itself this is a good first step to restoring net neutrality and getting rid of the corrupt Ajit Pai.

I think bringing back net Neutrality will be a good thing. It will bite republicans in the ass if they decide to keep it repealed. Sure many will argue that if your isp started blocking conservative websites and your favorite commerce websites that you can just switch over to one who doesn't. Which sounds good in theory of letting the free market take over. Thats a load of horse **** in many parts of the country because your ISP's biggest competitor maybe doing the same thing as your ISP or the max speed they can provide is a 1/4 or less speed of what your ISP is providing or there is no other competitor.

Weird how lefties NEVER posted anything like this when barry was sneaking executive orders through....

Weird how lefties NEVER posted anything like this when barry was sneaking executive orders through....

What was your user name during those “barry” days?

Net Neutrality is one of those leftist word games that is the opposite, in practice, to what the name implies. It is part of a scam template. The Affordable Care Act used the same word game template. Instead of being affordable, it caused prices to skyrocket, so health care became less affordable to everyone including the tax payer/poor. The scam is designed to dress up a cancer with pretty clothes. It is like letting a virus into your computer via a pretty e-mail attachment that looks innocent. Once it is in, there is no turning back without anti-viral software.

The purpose of net neutrality was to not create neutrality with one set of rules, but the opposite, which was to create a lopsided internet that favors leftists and restricts the right. If the Republican reintroduce this bill, they will have made the bill consistent with its name; neutral, Then the left will not vote for it since the goal was a cancer, not health.

The Democrats tried the same word game tactic a few years back. This word scam was called the Fairness Doctrine. This sounded very honorable to leftist and the uninformed, who will not question and/or research anything. The Conservatives dominate talk radio. This is not because of government regulation. It is based on talent, as well as entertaining and educational messaging. The left wanted to get in.

The left could not compete in that market, using their emotional repetitive propaganda messaging. That approach works better on TV, where these is a visual distraction, to create noise for the audio boredom. On TV, you can have a pretty women give out the propaganda. While you are looking at her pretty face and legs, the messaging reaches you, subliminally. On the radio, yours ears do all the work, and even the leftist will hear the messaging, consciously. The left programming cause you to fall asleep. The left wanted more market share in radio, since radio is listened to by more people than any other media including TV and internet. The Fairness doctrine was the viral attachment.

For example, Rush Limbaugh, who is the king of AM radio, has about 10 million listeners on any given day, and up to about 20,000,000 unique listeners each week. He outperforms all other media genre each day and each week. The left was getting killed in major genre; radio, due to it boring redundant programming; Russian collusion, Russian collusion, Russian Collusion. Instead of evolving their propaganda approach to the fact and entertainment style of the right, the left's vision of fairness was to force its boring programming style onto the other audience.

The radio media is already fair, since everyone plays by the same rules of the free market rules, refereed by the FCC. There is no monopoly on the approach or the style of the Conservatives. Fairness to the left meant more government regulations on the Conservative talk radio, and added mandates that require the left get a time slot in the middle of every Conservative talk show. This allows them to avoid having to use a rational and truthful template to support their illusions. The Fairness Doctrine did not apply to TV, since the left had the advantage there ;mainstream media. This bill never went anywhere because the scam was made rationally clear by the talk radio hosts, and resisted by the widely informed radio audience.

I heard the next leftist word play scam is connected to the used car industry. This lobby promises more donations to the Democrat party if the party can help them. The new word scam is called the Best Car Deal Doctrine. If you read the fine print, it requires the more rational spouse in the relationship, has to stay home. Only the frivolous spouse can deal with the used call dealers.

Things are a mess ! Fox, MSNBC,CNN are so polluted with advertisements as to be unwatchable. NPR, PBS are boring , too BBC, too "liberal" . I think we need another PBS, balanced, American , interesting ....dream on...

Wellwisher, I reject your argument 100% as you find it necessary to abase, mock, and insult the ones who are not conservative . As to the so-called net neutrality, I still do not know exactly what this means ..
IMO, in order to have a better internet, (and media in general), we will need MORE government and higher taxes !

Net Neutrality is one of those leftist word games that is the opposite, in practice, to what the name implies. It is part of a scam template. The Affordable Care Act used the same word game template. Instead of being affordable, it caused prices to skyrocket, so health care became less affordable to everyone including the tax payer/poor. The scam is designed to dress up a cancer with pretty clothes. It is like letting a virus into your computer via a pretty e-mail attachment that looks innocent. Once it is in, there is no turning back without anti-viral software.

The purpose of net neutrality was to not create neutrality with one set of rules, but the opposite, which was to create a lopsided internet that favors leftists and restricts the right. If the Republican reintroduce this bill, they will have made the bill consistent with its name; neutral, Then the left will not vote for it since the goal was a cancer, not health.

The Democrats tried the same word game tactic a few years back. This word scam was called the Fairness Doctrine. This sounded very honorable to leftist and the uninformed, who will not question and/or research anything. The Conservatives dominate talk radio. This is not because of government regulation. It is based on talent, as well as entertaining and educational messaging. The left wanted to get in.

The left could not compete in that market, using their emotional repetitive propaganda messaging. That approach works better on TV, where these is a visual distraction, to create noise for the audio boredom. On TV, you can have a pretty women give out the propaganda. While you are looking at her pretty face and legs, the messaging reaches you, subliminally. On the radio, yours ears do all the work, and even the leftist will hear the messaging, consciously. The left programming cause you to fall asleep. The left wanted more market share in radio, since radio is listened to by more people than any other media including TV and internet. The Fairness doctrine was the viral attachment.

For example, Rush Limbaugh, who is the king of AM radio, has about 10 million listeners on any given day, and up to about 20,000,000 unique listeners each week. He outperforms all other media genre each day and each week. The left was getting killed in major genre; radio, due to it boring redundant programming; Russian collusion, Russian collusion, Russian Collusion. Instead of evolving their propaganda approach to the fact and entertainment style of the right, the left's vision of fairness was to force its boring programming style onto the other audience.

The radio media is already fair, since everyone plays by the same rules of the free market rules, refereed by the FCC. There is no monopoly on the approach or the style of the Conservatives. Fairness to the left meant more government regulations on the Conservative talk radio, and added mandates that require the left get a time slot in the middle of every Conservative talk show. This allows them to avoid having to use a rational and truthful template to support their illusions. The Fairness Doctrine did not apply to TV, since the left had the advantage there ;mainstream media. This bill never went anywhere because the scam was made rationally clear by the talk radio hosts, and resisted by the widely informed radio audience.

I heard the next leftist word play scam is connected to the used car industry. This lobby promises more donations to the Democrat party if the party can help them. The new word scam is called the Best Car Deal Doctrine. If you read the fine print, it requires the more rational spouse in the relationship, has to stay home. Only the frivolous spouse can deal with the used call dealers.

This entire post is complete hogwash. You have no clue what net neutrality is buddy.

Wellwisher, I reject your argument 100% as you find it necessary to abase, mock, and insult the ones who are not conservative . As to the so-called net neutrality, I still do not know exactly what this means ..
IMO, in order to have a better internet, (and media in general), we will need MORE government and higher taxes !

Read up on it then and stop publicizing you lack of knowledge of the subject. As for higher taxes, how exactly do you think rural America gets access to broadband? Go look at your phone bill.

In layman's terms Net Neutrality means ISPs can't purposely slowdown or block access to websites. It has nothing to do with any of that stuff you mentioned. Without net neutrality your ISP can slowdown to the conservative websites and online stores you like visiting unless you cough up extra money on top of the ISP that you are already paying.They could just totally block access to the conservative websites you like visiting to it because someone loony libs claimed those websites are hate speech and harassed your ISP into blocking those conservative websites you like visiting. Or the owners of Comcast, Cox and other ISP be a huge liberal and just block access or slowdown access to websites right of center. The fact they don't do that now doesn't mean they won't do it latter.

Net neutrality is a joke. Why shouldn't companies like Netflix pay more for bandwidth since they hog it all up? That's the market at work.

The Fairness Doctrine is also a joke. However, if you apply it to radio, why not other areas? Should major liberal TV news outlets be forced to offer equal air time for conservative programming? That only seems "Fair". Should the print media be forced to hire equal numbers of conservative writers? That only seems "Fair". And should colleges be forced to hire equal numbers of conservative professors? That seems "Fair". I say we apply this doctrine across the board. Darn good idea. Let's apply the "Fairness Doctrine" to everything.

There is absolutely zero rationale for this being a left-vs-right issue. Neither Republicans nor Democrats come out ahead with the elimination of Net Neutrality. The only human beings who win are the board of directors of internet service providers and share holders in isps, and that's ****ing it.

Net neutrality is a joke. Why shouldn't companies like Netflix pay more for bandwidth since they hog it all up? That's the market at work.

Netflix doesn't hog up bandwidth. It is those who pay their ISPs for certain speeds that hog up that bandwidtch when they visit Netflix or some other site. Netflix pays their ISPs for the speeds they get and we the consumer pay our ISPs for the speeds we get.If I pay my ISP for a 100 mbps then my speed will never go faster than a 100 mbps regardless if I go to this website or if I got to Netflix.

Netflix doesn't hog up bandwidth. It is those who pay their ISPs for certain speeds that hog up that bandwidtch when they visit Netflix or some other site. Netflix pays their ISPs for the speeds they get and we the consumer pay our ISPs for the speeds we get.If I pay my ISP for a 100 mbps then my speed will never go faster than a 100 mbps regardless if I go to this website or if I got to Netflix.

I take you don't like "net neutrality" either, then?

You weren't a member when Obama was president. How would you know?

Oops?

:lol:

I take you don't like "net neutrality" either, then?

I am fine with Net Neutrality. I think republicans would be ****ing themselves over in the long run if they keep it repealed.

I’ve witnessed the ignorance of the left for years.
Hmmm, on DP? Not sure how, lurking so you could try and make claims about members whose posts you couldn't possibly have kept up with from the outside of DP? That's not creepy.

Are you a multimillionaire right winger too?

Sent from Trump Plaza's basement using Putin's MacBook.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom