• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Neo-Nazi website is back online with Russian help

poweRob

USMC 1988-1996
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
The question is, do you think is about freedom of speech with Russia? Or do you think it's about disrupting life in America as much as possible?

Neo-Nazi website The Daily Stormer has found a home on the Russian internet after American tech companies refused to host it.

GoDaddy (GDDY) canceled the website's registration on Monday after The Daily Stormer published a derogatory story about Heather Heyer, who was killed while protesting against a white supremacist rally in Charlottesville, Virginia at the weekend.

Google (GOOGL, Tech30) briefly became the registrar for the site, before it too canceled the site's registration later on Monday for violating its terms of service.
The site, which calls itself "The World's Most Genocidal Republican Website," was forced into the "dark web." That meant it could not be accessed through standard web browsers.
The original website, Dailystormer.com, was still offline on Wednesday afternoon. But the site could be accessed at Dailystormer.ru after the domain was registered with the Russian Network Information Center, or RU-CENTER.

Russia's largest domain name registrar confirmed it had registered the site.

"I should point out that registry is automatic, so RU-CENTER registers thousands of domains per day," spokesperson Egor Timofeev said in a statement emailed to CNNMoney.

"If we figure out that the domain owner's work doesn't correspond to the legal system, we will act according to Russian web standard regulation," he added.​

Let's see if it stays up shall we?

They couldn't find an Argentinian company to host them?

The question is, do you think is about freedom of speech with Russia? Or do you think it's about disrupting life in America as much as possible?

Neo-Nazi website The Daily Stormer has found a home on the Russian internet after American tech companies refused to host it.

GoDaddy (GDDY) canceled the website's registration on Monday after The Daily Stormer published a derogatory story about Heather Heyer, who was killed while protesting against a white supremacist rally in Charlottesville, Virginia at the weekend.

Google (GOOGL, Tech30) briefly became the registrar for the site, before it too canceled the site's registration later on Monday for violating its terms of service.
The site, which calls itself "The World's Most Genocidal Republican Website," was forced into the "dark web." That meant it could not be accessed through standard web browsers.
The original website, Dailystormer.com, was still offline on Wednesday afternoon. But the site could be accessed at Dailystormer.ru after the domain was registered with the Russian Network Information Center, or RU-CENTER.

"I should point out that registry is automatic, so RU-CENTER registers thousands of domains per day," spokesperson Egor Timofeev said in a statement emailed to CNNMoney.

"If we figure out that the domain owner's work doesn't correspond to the legal system, we will act according to Russian web standard regulation," he added.​

When was it down? I googled it yesterday and it worked. Pretty lousy, actually.

Here's BLMs website...
Just a moment...

Here's a ANTIFA blog....
https://phillyantifa.org

Here's a Workers World Party Website...
https://www.google.com/search?q=wor...ile-us&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8#xxri=4

All 3 of these Left wing hate groups and more participated in the violent clashes at Charlotteville, yet there websites are up and running and no one on the Left is demanding that their voices be silenced or their websites be shutdown.

Personally I dont think any voices should be sileneced and that hate speech is protected speech, but the Left cant pass up a opportunity to try and earn some Political capital on the backs of those injured and killled at the Charlotsville riots

Cloudflare is said to have booted DS, which I've learned makes them susceptible to DDOS attacks.

Is that a rhetorical question? Russia has enganged in a vast censorship of its people. This is clearly about needling the US

Russia is clearly just adding this to their existing anti-US cyber warfare tactics.

Russia is clearly just adding this to their existing anti-US cyber warfare tactics.

American tech companies handed it to them on a silver platter.

Yes, I can't believe we just pushed Daily Stormer away like that. If only there was something we could say to make them come back to us.

Yes, I can't believe we just pushed Daily Stormer away like that. If only there was something we could say to make them come back to us.

A lot of good it did, huh? They're back, with Russia's help. With tons and tons of free publicity.

A lot of good it did, huh? They're back, with Russia's help. With tons and tons of free publicity.

Maybe you could start a petition to bring Daily Stormer back.

I thought the argument was always that government doesn't need to make rules because the free market will take care of problems like racism itself. Isn't that what is happening here? Or suddenly is that not okay?

Just face it...politician thrive on us being divided. Otherwise, they wouldn't be necessary.

Maybe you could start a petition to bring Daily Stormer back.

Or, maybe people should stop trying to suppress speach they disagree with. Look how this turned out.

Here's BLMs website...
Just a moment...

Here's a ANTIFA blog....

https://www.google.com/search?q=wor...ile-us&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8#xxri=4

All 3 of these Left wing hate groups and more participated in the violent clashes at Charlotteville, yet there websites are up and running and no one on the Left is demanding that their voices be silenced or their websites be shutdown.

Personally I dont think any voices should be sileneced and that hate speech is protected speech, but the Left cant pass up a opportunity to try and earn some Political capital on the backs of those injured and killled at the Charlotsville riots

Must deflect! Nothing to see here, just non-racists defending the Nazis.

I thought the argument was always that government doesn't need to make rules because the free market will take care of problems like racism itself. Isn't that what is happening here? Or suddenly is that not okay?

And it sure did. Didn't it?

Seriously? Blaming US companies for giving a hate group a place to spew their vile hatred, by them not allowing the hate group to use their services to do so? I hope I misread your post.

Regardless, it's better than having US tech companies allowing anarchical, violent, and anti-US propaganda and coordination of violent actions to occur on their systems just to make a buck. I'm very pro-capitalist economy, but there are also basic standards of decency and morals that should naturally and automatically, without question or hesitation, preclude companies from participating in the violent disruption of our own society. That should apply to any group which both advocates and organizes violent actions against US society, which includes the KKK, Neo-Nazi's, White Nationalists, Alt-Right, BLM, New Black Panther Party, Nation of Islam, and so on.

The First Amendment protects all people and groups from government restrictions being put upon their right to free speech (protesting, marching, rallies, handing out fliers, giving speeches, making financial donations to politicians, etc.), however, it does not prohibit private organizations from doing so regarding their private resources. Anarchical groups, racist hate groups, and the like, are not protected classes in regard to public/private commerce, and can legally be discriminated against by private companies that provide a public accommodation.

It's different this time. Because they're vaguely right wing. Love how all the non-racists are heading here to defend the racists.

Do you support holding everyone to the same standard?

Here we go with the Robert Byrd posts! Gotta deflect, you guys just can't disown the alt-right racists and walk away.

Seriously? Blaming US companies for giving a hate group a place to spew their vile hatred, by not allowing the hate group to use their services to do so? I hope I misread your post.

Regardless, it's better than having US tech companies allowing anarchical, violent, and anti-US propaganda and coordination of violent actions to occur on their systems just to make a buck. I'm very pro-capitalist economy, but there are also basic standards of decency and morals that should naturally and automatically, without question or hesitation, preclude companies from participating in the violent disruption of our own society. That should apply to any group which both advocates and organizes violent actions against US society, which includes the KKK, Neo-Nazi's, White Nationalists, Alt-Right, BLM, New Black Panther Party, Nation of Islam, and so on.

The First Amendment protects all people and groups from government restrictions being put upon their right to free speech (protesting, marching, rallies, handing out fliers, giving speeches, making financial donations to politicians, etc.), however, it does not prohibit private organizations from doing so regarding their private resources. Anarchical groups, racist hate groups, and the like, are not protected classes in regard to public/private commerce, and can legally be discriminated against by private companies that provide a public accommodation.

You don't agree that this had a negative result?

Here we go with the Robert Byrd posts! Gotta deflect, you guys just can't disown the alt-right racists and walk away.

That must mean that you support a double standard. Thanks for confirming that.

That must mean that you support a double standard. Thanks for confirming that.

I support disowning the racists. Strange how our black/native guy doesn't.

Here's BLMs website...
Just a moment...

Here's a ANTIFA blog....

Hey now, it's not just the left. Many republicans and conservatives have come out against the white supremacists, including McCain, McConnell, Ryan etc.

Don't pretend this is a left vs right thing.

This is a Left + Right + Most Americans vs Alt-Right/Nazi's + Trump + Trumpettes thing

Back
Top Bottom