• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Nee Rule on TDS

Maher's premise is flawed. I don't call any criticism of Trump TDS. But people are clearly obsessed with Trump. Not just the left, but the right too. The president was never supposed to be this central to American life. The factors that caused this unhealthy focus on the president as king started a century ago and are a separate matter,

But Trump has somehow taken the unhealthy focus to even more unhealthy levels. Count the number of Trump threads in the Main "Breaking Story" page here on DP. It looks like about half which is surprisingly low. I've seen times where it's like 75%. But that's politics. The next time Trump says or does something egregious, I'm sure the main page will light up with Trump topics. So maybe that's not TDS.

What is TDS is the way Trump is brought up in contexts that have nothing to do with him. There's a story about a restaurant review in the NY Times that started, "In this age of Trump...". In my own life, at a recent company team building event, we were all randomly split into three teams: the Green Team, Blue Team and Orange Team. We each had to come up with a team motto. The Orange Team's motto was "Making Orange Great Again". Admittedly clever, but a little disturbing. Those people were so obsessed with Trump that they couldn't even think of the color orange without associating it with the man. That's TDS in my opinion.

Or maybe you are too obsessed with trump to take a joke.

You're also highlighting bill's point by claiming what all trump is doing is normal and failing to realize we will say the same thing when you complain about the next president and it won't be near as bad as what trump does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is central to TDS. Trump supporters love, love, love to dish out hate, venom, and bile, but the second a single word of criticism comes in against their Dear Leader, they LOSE THEIR MINDS. :lol:

Re: New Rule on TDS

Naturally everyone on the right watching this video will not approve but you gotta admit Maher is the best Smackdown artist in the world. This is SmackDown taken to a high art

If you are a Trump sympathizer I dare you to watch it, all of it.

Creative editing yes. Interesting, no. Samo Samo

So........ Any comments on Trump's behaviors that Maher was talking about which is the reason the term TDS gets tossed around to deflect?

You clearly did not read my post. Thanks anyway.

He'll find some right wing youtube channel with a gen-z leftist saying something out of context in about five days from now, but he won't post it here. He'll make it a new thread, and call it unconstitutional.

He never replies to me and I let him "think" I care.

You're also highlighting bill's point by claiming what all trump is doing is normal and failing to realize we will say the same thing when you complain about the next president and it won't be near as bad as what trump does.

I did admit MOGA was clever. But it wasn't an isolated incident. Some of the folks on the Orange team talk about Trump way too much for a professional setting IMO.

You clearly did not read my post. Thanks anyway.

Uh I did which is why I asked. You did not address Maher's points but went off topic to rant about TDS sufferers Maybe you didn't understand what he was saying.

Worthless video.

B/c whenever Trump leaves office be it in 2020 or 2030 or upon his death bed, we won't care how crazy Joe gets. You made your bed with Trump, still sucking his dick, and then you will get ****ed in the end. That's how it works bud. Enjoy being on top while you have the chance.

And this is the face of the Democrat party? So adult.

Did Sean Hannity come up with the TDS concept originally to attack those who did not like Trump?

edit update: okay - I looked it up and found that he did not.

Never mind.

I am pretty sure the TDS concept was birthed from Screaming at the sky rallies, Blocking traffic on interstates, Burning businesses, attacking conservatives in restaurants, Vagina costume marches, and safe spaces with coloring books and puppies for the enraged Democrat Adult children.

Well Trump is the face of the Republican party so....

giphy.gif

And thanks for proving Maher's point.

I did admit MOGA was clever. But it wasn't an isolated incident. Some of the folks on the Orange team talk about Trump way too much for a professional setting IMO.

What if it was supporters on the team constantly talking about how great trump is?

I am pretty sure the TDS concept was birthed from Screaming at the sky rallies, Blocking traffic on interstates, Burning businesses, attacking conservatives in restaurants, Vagina costume marches, and safe spaces with coloring books and puppies for the enraged Democrat Adult children.

Proving Maher's point again and again. Keep going.

Well Trump is the face of the Republican party so....

giphy.gif

And thanks for proving Maher's point.

Thats all you have, some made up gif. Yup, thats the face of the Democrat party alright. Thanks for the confirmation.

You guys haven't been acting like adults since 2015 when you submitted to your orange dominant coming down the escalator.

Proving Maher's point again and again. Keep going.

No reason to keep going. The actions of the Dem party speak for themselves. When you have something other than (I know you are but what am I) or some meme to explain your feewings, hit me up.

You guys haven't been acting like adults since 2015 when you submitted to your orange dominant coming down the escalator.

Coming from the party of Vagina costume marches, thats pretty funny.

No reason to keep going. The actions of the Dem party speak for themselves. When you have something other than (I know you are but what am I) or some meme to explain your feewings, hit me up.

And again and again.....

Good vid. Funny at times. I do agree that Trump does not represent the Office of the President very well. The vid does demonstrate the divide in this country by continue to mention Democrats and Republicans. imo, this divide would still exist if Trump was not elected as President.

Somehow our elected officials need to find common ground and get things done for the American people. I have not voted any Party line for ages.

I'd prefer vagina costumes over the prick in the White House.

We know. You hate the election results so that means dawn the vagina costumes. We get it.

Back
Top Bottom