• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

NBC/WSJ Poll: Just 29 Percent Approve of Trump’s Firing of James Comey[W:71]

Re: NBC/WSJ Poll: Just 29 Percent Approve of Trump’s Firing of James Comey

Polls don't predict anything by themselves. All they do is survey people; they don't measure enthusiasm or turnout. Stop trying to redefine words to support your bad arguments.

They are attempts to predict results, your stance is ignorant and borders on farcical.

It looks like most adults don't think firing Comey was a great idea. Not surprisingly, 58% of Republicans approve. Only 21% of independents approve.

Why is this significant? It's significant in my opinion because most U.S. adults feel that firing Comey was unwise.

NBC/WSJ Poll: Just 29 Percent Approve of Trump'''s Firing of James Comey - NBC News

It's the timing that was very unwise. Both sides may have said good riddance to Comey if Trump fired him right after he was inaugurated. Either that or after this Russia thing has been concluded.

I think Obama wanted to fire Comey, but didn't because he was savvy enough to know that a political firestorm would evolve. After all several Democrats had referred to Comey as a political stooge for the Republicans when he reopened the Classified E-Mail investigation prior to the election. Trump seems tone deaf to political realities or if a firestorm will erupt or not over his actions and statements.

My old grand pappy used to say there is a time and a place for everything. The time to fire Comey certainly wasn't now.

I voted for the right person; you violated your conscience. Or, if you are Alt Right, then maybe you did not. :)

Alt right is the left's dog whistle for calling a Trump supporter a Nazi. Its a scummy tactic. Don't attempt to smear me again.

Kobie is accurate, and you are quarrelsome.

Sorry you can't handle disagreement very well. You should work on that if you want to post on a political site, there is usually disagreement.

It's funny that you know you are in a corner and pretending you are not.

You are in favor then of national health care as is Trump. Interesting.

You still haven't checked those polls have you? Denial is so worthless, like that strawman argument you are making about national health care.

You still haven't checked those polls have you? Denial is so worthless, like that strawman argument you are making about national health care.
:) Keep running in circles. Don't worry. You are cornered so you won't get lost.

:) Keep running in circles. Don't worry. You are cornered so you won't get lost.

Nope. Anything to say regarding the poll which sampled 47% Democrat? Because that seems to be circling the wagons pretty hardcore.

What's so funny? The only group of people on this planet who doesn't think this at least LOOKS really bad is Trump's administration.
And the majority of America, according to this poll. Only 38 percent disapprove.

It's the timing that was very unwise. Both sides may have said good riddance to Comey if Trump fired him right after he was inaugurated. Either that or after this Russia thing has been concluded.

I think Obama wanted to fire Comey, but didn't because he was savvy enough to know that a political firestorm would evolve. After all several Democrats had referred to Comey as a political stooge for the Republicans when he reopened the Classified E-Mail investigation prior to the election. Trump seems tone deaf to political realities or if a firestorm will erupt or not over his actions and statements.

My old grand pappy used to say there is a time and a place for everything. The time to fire Comey certainly wasn't now.

I find myself agreeing with you.

However, when was, or will be, the 'best' time to fire Comey?

Regardless of when Comey would have been fired, as long as there was the merest belief that the FBI was investigating anything Trump related, it would have generated the anti-Trump fauxrage it did now.

That's all we really need to know about you.

That's an incredibly shallow way to look at people. Maybe you should be less judgmental.

I find myself agreeing with you.

However, when was, or will be, the 'best' time to fire Comey?

Regardless of when Comey would have been fired, as long as there was the merest belief that the FBI was investigating anything Trump related, it would have generated the anti-Trump fauxrage it did now.

Trump firing Comey bothered me at first, the timing sucked. But the Director's job is coordination with congress, the president and other federal and state agencies. The Director doesn't investigate. The Director oversees the operations, evaluates and makes recommendations to the DOJ, AG. Others, the Field Agents do the investigations, other compile and analyze into a nice neat report and forward it to the Director with their recommendations, usually. The investigations continue. The firing at this time does have the smell of being political motivated. But what isn't that happens in Washington?

Comey wasn't any J. Edgar Hoover who had his hands into everything and dirt on almost everyone in Washington. I do agree that as long as the FBI was investigating anything Trump related, firing Comey would have generated outrage by the anti-Trumpers. I have to laugh at the likes of Schumer and Pelosi being so riled up and outraged at the firing when back before the election both accused Comey of being a stooge for the Republicans and wanted him gone. That is just the normal hypocritical politics of Washington.

The thing here with me is that I don't know if there is a there there with this Russian thing or not. If it isn't just part of the Democratic political propaganda as part of their goal of destroying Trump or if the dang thing is for real. I don't trust Trump, I don't trust the Democrats and I don't trust the media. In today's era in Washington, they is no one there to trust.

Trump firing Comey bothered me at first, the timing sucked. But the Director's job is coordination with congress, the president and other federal and state agencies. The Director doesn't investigate. The Director oversees the operations, evaluates and makes recommendations to the DOJ, AG. Others, the Field Agents do the investigations, other compile and analyze into a nice neat report and forward it to the Director with their recommendations, usually. The investigations continue. The firing at this time does have the smell of being political motivated. But what isn't that happens in Washington?

Couple of points here.

Yes, politically motivated is always what goes on in DC. That's pretty much a given.

Yes, the field agents investigate, report their finding up the chain of command to some middle layer which draws the conclusions and recommendation to the DOJ for prosecution or not. Given this, why is it Comey's job to do this publicly? Would seem that the more standard course would be to put his cover letter on the top, and forward it to the DOJ's federal prosecutors who would then make it public.

Given the field agent's reaction to Comey's public declaration at his press conference, large numbers of them involved in the case clearly believe prosecution was warranted.

Given this middle layer made the call and not Comey, if they did, it is this middle layer that also invented the 'lack of intent' excuse that let her off the hook. It is the middle layer that corrupted the results or at least the conclusion drawn from the investigation.

Comey wasn't any J. Edgar Hoover who had his hands into everything and dirt on almost everyone in Washington. I do agree that as long as the FBI was investigating anything Trump related, firing Comey would have generated outrage by the anti-Trumpers. I have to laugh at the likes of Schumer and Pelosi being so riled up and outraged at the firing when back before the election both accused Comey of being a stooge for the Republicans and wanted him gone. That is just the normal hypocritical politics of Washington.

Hypocrisy in DC is only exceeded by the politics being played. The fact of the matter is that Comey was the federal prosecutor that let Hillary off the hook with the WhiteWater scandal, so calling him a Republican stooge is probably wrong. Perhaps calling him a Democrat stooge might be more accurate?

The thing here with me is that I don't know if there is a there there with this Russian thing or not. If it isn't just part of the Democratic political propaganda as part of their goal of destroying Trump or if the dang thing is for real. I don't trust Trump, I don't trust the Democrats and I don't trust the media. In today's era in Washington, they is no one there to trust.

Agreed. No one in DC to trust as well as no one in the media to trust either. But I have to say, that after 8 months of no solid evidence of any Trump / Trump campaign and Russian collusion, no solid evidence, the entire meme stands on quicksand rather than something more solid. Leading Democrats are already backing away from it, with statements on the order of 'thy've never seen any evidence'. This includes Comey and Clapper, IIRC, stating the same. No, day by day as there's still no solid evidence it become less and less likely that there's anything there. Of course, some heavily invested in the meme just refuse and deny this outright. To them I say: "Bring some solid evidence, then I may reconsider. Until then, I'm not seeing it".

Couple of points here.

Yes, politically motivated is always what goes on in DC. That's pretty much a given.

Yes, the field agents investigate, report their finding up the chain of command to some middle layer which draws the conclusions and recommendation to the DOJ for prosecution or not. Given this, why is it Comey's job to do this publicly? Would seem that the more standard course would be to put his cover letter on the top, and forward it to the DOJ's federal prosecutors who would then make it public.

Given the field agent's reaction to Comey's public declaration at his press conference, large numbers of them involved in the case clearly believe prosecution was warranted.

Given this middle layer made the call and not Comey, if they did, it is this middle layer that also invented the 'lack of intent' excuse that let her off the hook. It is the middle layer that corrupted the results or at least the conclusion drawn from the investigation.

Hypocrisy in DC is only exceeded by the politics being played. The fact of the matter is that Comey was the federal prosecutor that let Hillary off the hook with the WhiteWater scandal, so calling him a Republican stooge is probably wrong. Perhaps calling him a Democrat stooge might be more accurate?

Agreed. No one in DC to trust as well as no one in the media to trust either. But I have to say, that after 8 months of no solid evidence of any Trump / Trump campaign and Russian collusion, no solid evidence, the entire meme stands on quicksand rather than something more solid. Leading Democrats are already backing away from it, with statements on the order of 'thy've never seen any evidence'. This includes Comey and Clapper, IIRC, stating the same. No, day by day as there's still no solid evidence it become less and less likely that there's anything there. Of course, some heavily invested in the meme just refuse and deny this outright. To them I say: "Bring some solid evidence, then I may reconsider. Until then, I'm not seeing it".

Perhaps middle layer, but I doubt it. What bothered me especially with the 22 TS SAP's e-mails is that those have their own network, encrypted with crypto equipment or devices, there is not interfaces with other networks. One can only have access to that type of material in a SCIF or an ACE. In other words for these types of messages or portions of these messages to appear on an unclassified server, computer, be in an NIPR network someone either had to hand copy that material in a SCIF or use an unauthorized thumb drive to sneak the material out. Someone had to physically intervene.

Now to me, the FBI should have continued that aspect of the investigation. Who took that material out, how etc. Once that material is out of the SCIF, someone had to type it again or reintroduce it into the NIPR network to end up in Clinton's unsecured server. There is no other way that I know of. Anyone else would have had their security clearance immediately removed just finding one classified e-mail on a NIPR server or computer without reporting it. Investigation to follow. Someone fell down on the job at the FBI.

Now I wasn't the one calling Comey a Republican stooge or something akin to that, that was the likes of Reid, Schumer, Pelosi and company after Comey reopened the classified e-mail investigation.

With this Russian thing, I just don't know and haven't jumped to any conclusions.

I agree it should be media/dems.

Media is the opposition party and dems are merely an extension these days.

I agree it should be media/dems.

Media is the opposition party and dems are merely an extension these days.

This rabbit hole gets deeper by the day!

They are attempts to predict results, your stance is ignorant and borders on farcical.

They are one of several tools used to attempt to predict outcomes. You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

NBC/WSJ Poll: Just 29 Percent Approve of Trump’s Firing of James Comey

I agree. This is nothing but the usual media-engineered bogus polling that they foisted on us during the campaign.

Which is nothing at all like being fired on the spot for any or no reason.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Moderator's Warning:
How about everyone stop making personal commentary and stick to the topic? Sounds like a grand ole' idea to me. Unless of course you WANT to be booted from the thread?

They are one of several tools used to attempt to predict outcomes. You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

Yet you present no evidence to the contrary. Your opinion isn't enough.

Which is nothing at all like being fired on the spot for any or no reason.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

???

What does what you said have to do with what I said?

Just so we are clear here, I'm talking about that poll being bogus.

Perhaps middle layer, but I doubt it. What bothered me especially with the 22 TS SAP's e-mails is that those have their own network, encrypted with crypto equipment or devices, there is not interfaces with other networks. One can only have access to that type of material in a SCIF or an ACE. In other words for these types of messages or portions of these messages to appear on an unclassified server, computer, be in an NIPR network someone either had to hand copy that material in a SCIF or use an unauthorized thumb drive to sneak the material out. Someone had to physically intervene.

That sounds something like what Manning or Snowden did. Someone in a SCIF busiy typing those into their BlackBerry which emailed it into Hillary's server, once out of the SCIF. Are those some of the 30,000 missing emails I wonder. Would certainly be the most incriminating ones, directly pointing a finger to someone's gross violation of existing espionage laws. Huma maybe?

We do know that Hillary had a SCIF in her home, and there've been some reports that claim her maid printed some of the emails out for her. But I'm not sure as to their veracity.

Now to me, the FBI should have continued that aspect of the investigation. Who took that material out, how etc. Once that material is out of the SCIF, someone had to type it again or reintroduce it into the NIPR network to end up in Clinton's unsecured server. There is no other way that I know of. Anyone else would have had their security clearance immediately removed just finding one classified e-mail on a NIPR server or computer without reporting it. Investigation to follow. Someone fell down on the job at the FBI.

"Someone fell down on the job at the FBI" or someone prevented those who were going to do that job from doing it.

Now I wasn't the one calling Comey a Republican stooge or something akin to that, that was the likes of Reid, Schumer, Pelosi and company after Comey reopened the classified e-mail investigation.

Ahh. OK. Yeah, the three Stooges: Reid, Schumer, Pelosi. Nuk, nuk, nuk!

With this Russian thing, I just don't know and haven't jumped to any conclusions.

To date, there's only been rumors, gossip, innuendo, and wild claims which don't pass Occam's Razor. Some 8 months now without anything solid. Come up with something solid, and perhaps more credibility then. Until then, seems far more so a political ploy than anything else.

It looks like most adults don't think firing Comey was a great idea. Not surprisingly, 58% of Republicans approve. Only 21% of independents approve.

Why is this significant? It's significant in my opinion because most U.S. adults feel that firing Comey was unwise.

NBC/WSJ Poll: Just 29 Percent Approve of Trump'''s Firing of James Comey - NBC News

These " adults " must agree with Maxine Waters then. That Hillary would have been justified butTrump should be impeached
It was totally justified especially after his recent appearance in front of a Congressional commitee.

The ONLY reason Democrats have a problem with Comey' dismissal is because theres a good chane Trumps going to appoint someone who actually cares about the mishandling of classified data and the unmasking of American citizens for Political purposes.
Bet Hillary started lawyering up as soon as she heard the news Comey was gone

Back
Top Bottom