• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

NBA Cancels 2017 All-Star Game In North Carolina Over Anti-LGBT Law

that is simply 1 example there are many other incidents of this happening as well.
they have been posted on this forum many times.

again your attempt to ignore what is a concern for most women who are complaining of this very
thing in multiple places and have even filed lawsuits about it says more about the subject than your opinion.

actually it would as before seeing a man go into a women bathroom before the store could ask them to leave.
now if they do that they can be sued. so stores now cannot offer any type of assurances to the women
that come into their store.

this is similar to the guy that walked into the women's locker room started to get undressed and said I feel like a women
you can't ask me to leave and there was nothing the store could do about it.

again then are plenty of examples of this happening if you choose not to ignore it but we know that you ignore any and all
things that you don't like so as is aid this is your problem not mine.

my wife's and daughters safety is more important.

your minimization argument is a failure.

No there aren't many examples, I've checked. There are far more examples of men who were legally allowed in the restroom setting up cameras, men just sneaking in, or men assaulting little boys in the men's restroom than men assaulting women in the women's restroom dressed as women.

Exactly. It could be anyone, which seems to be the direction society is taking.

The laws don't matter. It has nothing to do with the laws but simply a catch twenty two in our system.

What, more and more people are gonna start wearing burkas now?
I have no idea, but they certainly can and, as you say, no one can stop them.

Men have used full burkas to perform robberies so it seems they would make a handy disguise if one was so inclined. Would you agree?

The laws don't matter. It has nothing to do with the laws but simply a catch twenty two in our system.
It's a short-sighted system creating dozens of Catch 22's and has a great deal to do with fashions of the day and public pressure. Perhaps lawmakers will provide the wisdom many celebrities seem to lack.

No there aren't many examples, I've checked. There are far more examples of men who were legally allowed in the restroom setting up cameras, men just sneaking in, or men assaulting little boys in the men's restroom than men assaulting women in the women's restroom dressed as women.

I have checked as well and some of those stories have even made it here.
there are plenty of examples of it. so as stated your minimization argument is a failure.

you can either address the topic or you can't if you can't then that is not my issue.

the fact is before a store owner to ask the person to leave and to get out of the store and or call the cops.
now if they do that they can be sued.

the only reason that the cops were called is that women reported a camera.

Any man in a full burka can also now enter women's washrooms. It seems human rights now evolve around which toilets people can use, who will be forced to sell cakes, and the importance of sexuality or skin color over competence and experience. Attention spans have shrunk to sound bites and ignorance is now being celebrated.

this is what happens when you let appeal to emotion and throw out reason and logic.
but feelings in this society matter more for some reason that logic and reason.
which is the exact opposite of how it should be.

It's a short-sighted system creating dozens of Catch 22's and has a great deal to do with fashions of the day and public pressure. Perhaps lawmakers will provide the wisdom many celebrities seem to lack.

It's a system balancing safety and freedom. Nothing is perfect. I prefer it that way. Learn to take care of yourself. Teach your children to take care of themselves, what to do when they are actually threatened by anyone in any bathroom. Women and men should learn to defend themselves from others.

It's a system balancing safety and freedom. Nothing is perfect. I prefer it that way. Learn to take care of yourself. Teach your children to take care of themselves, what to do when they are actually threatened by anyone in any bathroom.
Whose safety is your main concern? Is it the safety of women and children? I'm not sure how children can defend themselves against adult predators but perhaps you have some ideas.

Whose freedoms are in jeopardy?
Women and men should learn to defend themselves from others.
Yes, this is an area where the Second Amendment and conceal and carry laws might help make a difference.

I have checked as well and some of those stories have even made it here.
there are plenty of examples of it. so as stated your minimization argument is a failure.

you can either address the topic or you can't if you can't then that is not my issue.

the fact is before a store owner to ask the person to leave and to get out of the store and or call the cops.
now if they do that they can be sued.

the only reason that the cops were called is that women reported a camera.

You are making a mountain out of a grain of sand. Millions of people every day use a public restroom just in the state of NC. Yet I guarantee that you can't find more than a dozen (likely less) incidents where a man dressed as a woman or used current transgender friendly bathroom laws to gain access to a women's restroom to attack someone or even harass someone.

Must be US incidents.

Whose safety is your main concern? Is it the safety of women and children? I'm not sure how children can defend themselves against adult predators but perhaps you have some ideas.

Whose freedoms are in jeopardy?
Yes, this is an area where the Second Amendment and conceal and carry laws might help make a difference.

I don't partake in irrational fears of something unlikely to happen given statistics, something just as likely statistically to occur whether laws are in place like for NC as a state or laws like Charlottes.

this is what happens when you let appeal to emotion and throw out reason and logic.
but feelings in this society matter more for some reason that logic and reason.
which is the exact opposite of how it should be.

Fearing for the safety of your loved ones, as y'all are claiming this is about, is emotional.

This one doesn't bother me as much as the Springsteen cancellation. In this case it's far enough out that any affected workers have time to make contingency plans. It's not like literally next week's paycheck will be short and throw some into a state of financial confusion.

its a tempest in a teapot. there is no way to enforce it. its all smoke and no fire and the hs eternal reactions against it are as stupid as the law itself
How many people carry their birth certificate around with them?

Not me, and I'd bet the number is very small.

(I know a couple people that do, and I just shake my head at that.)

Fearing for the safety of your loved ones, as y'all are claiming this is about, is emotional.

No it isn't. it is logical and reasoned.

You are making a mountain out of a grain of sand. Millions of people every day use a public restroom just in the state of NC. Yet I guarantee that you can't find more than a dozen (likely less) incidents where a man dressed as a woman or used current transgender friendly bathroom laws to gain access to a women's restroom to attack someone or even harass someone.

Must be US incidents.

I don't have to find them just in NC. there are stories all over the US and it is becoming more common
again your minimalist argument is a failure.

it is enough of an issue that women have filed lawsuits against their workplaces over it.
other women that have complained have been told there is nothing we can do. we are not
going to risk a lawsuit.

the evidence is there. that is all that needs to be presented. again you ignoring it is your problem
but that is what you do.

No it isn't. it is logical and reasoned.

No it isn't especially not when they have a bigger chance of a store they are in being robbed than being attacked by someone who took advantage of a restroom law/rule.

Last edited:
I don't have to find them just in NC. there are stories all over the US and it is becoming more common
again your minimalist argument is a failure.

it is enough of an issue that women have filed lawsuits against their workplaces over it.
other women that have complained have been told there is nothing we can do. we are not
going to risk a lawsuit.

the evidence is there. that is all that needs to be presented. again you ignoring it is your problem
but that is what you do.

I didn't say just in NC. I was merely giving how a viewpoint for how many people use public restrooms in a given timeframe, in a given area. I specifically said they should be US incidents though, not from some other country with different laws than the US.

You haven't provided any evidence, only a single incident. I'm saying I bet you couldn't find a dozen such incidents in the us (meeting the guidelines), despite the number of people who use the restroom everyday, every hour even in our country.

No it isn't especially not when they have a bigger chance of a store they are in being robbed than being attacked by someone who took advantage of a restroom law/rule.

you opinion is dismissed.
ensuring the safety of my wife and daughter is logic rational thinking.

I didn't say just in NC. I was merely giving how a viewpoint for how many people use public restrooms in a given timeframe, in a given area. I specifically said they should be US incidents though, not from some other country with different laws than the US.

yet that is exactly what you posted. yes you did it is right there in your post. if it wasn't why would I respond to it? this is simply a dodge.
you opinion nothing more. we have actual fact and evidence that supports this is becoming an issue for women
all over the US.

You haven't provided any evidence, only a single incident. I'm saying I bet you couldn't find a dozen such incidents in the us (meeting the guidelines), despite the number of people who use the restroom everyday, every hour even in our country.

minimization fallacy again.
you choosing to ignore things is your MO it is also a fallacy as well. you are free to do it all you want but that is not our issue but yours.
appeal to populum is yet another fallacy.

do you actually have an argument that isn't a fallacy derived argument or not?

Not according to the Law and the medical community.:doh

Baloney. Surgically altering one's appearance does not change one's gender. Nor does hormone treatments. If you are born a male, you remain a male. If you are born a female, you remain a female. And the medical community is completely aware of that.

So, do you believe that a transsexual who has gone through FULL SRS and now has a penis, should change in the women's locker room because his DNA says he's female?

I think he/she should change at home.

No judicial activism: a ruling that is outside the constitution of the US or a ruling that manipulates that constitution to say something that it doesn't.
you don't get to make up my definitions.

And you don't get to make up mine. Judicial activism: SCOTUS making a decision I don't agree with.

Not when they rule counter to what the constitution says. that is their duty as a judge.

Except that's not what they do. Everything we need is in the Constitution... things to manage our present and our future. All one has to do is look and use pieces to apply to current situations. That's what justices do.

1-Unless something has changed, the verbiage presented was specifically marital status, familial status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression
http://goqnotes.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/Non-Discrimination-Ordinance-Amendments.pdf
That opens the door for all 58 and counting expressed type/form of 'gender'

I have no idea how this applies to what I said.

2-How do you 'prove' someone is not a transsexual? Things have been bastardized to the point people are defined based on 'how they feel'.

You can't prove that one is a transsexual anymore than you can prove that someone who buys a gun is going to use it for illegal purposes. My proposal would be, if you walk into a women's room, you need to look like a women. Same for men.

I would completely...COMPLETELY agree that this all could have been resolved with a little foresight instead of a rush to pass an ordinance. Similar to the gay marriage laws that were forced on citizens with no planned implementation, the problem was not 'fixed' but rather made worse. You mention showering where appropriate body parts are found to be in evidence (penis-mens room...even for post ops, etc). Not a bad place to start. But really...was it necessary in the first place? I posted pictures of a bearded 'man' taking selfies in the womens room. Does anyone believe that person would catch **** going to the bathroom in a mens room? If a trans was dressed and presented as a woman, unless he or she was standing up and peeing in the sink, would anyone really make an issue of them using a stall?

This is why all of this complaining is ridiculous. "I don't want my little girl in a bathroom with a man!" Stupid appeal to emotion. If it looks like a duck, you'd never know. NO transsexual wants to bring attention to themselves in that way. Common sense. If you look like a man, you use the men's room. No one is going to ask or know the difference. I doubt that any man who looks like a man, when walking into a men's room, has ever been asked, "excuse me, but to use these facilities, you need to have a penis. Do you have one?"

Oh, and I do not agree that the SSM laws have made things worse. Just brought out complainers and sore losers. That would have happened regardless.

Back
Top Bottom