• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Nazis are Getting Destroyed in their Private Lives

NeverTrump

Exposing GOP since 2015
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
I'm glad that this is happening, the free market at work. Sure you have the right to spew hate, but maybe you shouldn't. WTF happened to your masks?

This is most assuredly not how free speech works. The Constitution guarantees content-neutral access to the marketplace of ideas: You can say whatever you please without fear of violent retribution, no matter how repugnant the beliefs you express may be. What happens after you're finished talking, though, is up to your audience! If they determine that your ideas are good, then good things will happen to you. But the people in your audience also have First Amendment rights, and they are perfectly within those rights to look at the evidence and determine that your freely and publicly professed opinions make you a morally and intellectually bankrupt cretin with whom they have no interest in associating any further. If you lose your fast-food job, or your post-grad employment prospects, or even your invitation to the family reunion as a result, that is no "free-speech violation." That is simply the universe frantically trying to signal to you that perhaps you shouldn’t harbor such ****ty opinions in the first place.

https://www.gq.com/story/nazis-free-speech-problem

This is a culture of intimidation and blowback. We may legally have free speech, but de facto we don't. This is especially problematic when it comes to people who post anonymously (and don't encourage violence, I might add) and then get doxed. We need to preserve anonymity, and the Founding Fathers who used that anonymity when it came to making remarks on the Constitution also seemed to think so.

This is a culture of intimidation and blowback. We may legally have free speech, but de facto we don't. This is especially problematic when it comes to people who post anonymously (and don't encourage violence, I might add) and then get doxed. We need to preserve anonymity, and the Founding Fathers who used that anonymity when it came to making remarks on the Constitution also seemed to think so.

The Constitution guarantees freedom of speech not freedom from its consequences. That should be clear to anyone.

You have a right to peaceful free expression, but you are responsible and accountable for what you say and do.

Last edited:
I'm glad that this is happening,
Just a different version of authoritarianism and the forcible suppression of opposition.

Doxing is wrong.

The Nazis & assorted hateful ****s who showed up at a public Nazi rally are like our Founding Fathers trying to write the Constitution?

The ****, dude?

That's an odd comparison.

Not sure why'd you'd associate those two groups.

Just a different version of authoritarianism and the forcible suppression of opposition.

Doxing is wrong.

Well there are differences. Firing a someone for chanting hateful and racist things is a good thing. Hacking into someone's social media and humiliating them can be on the same level.

The Constitution guarantees freedom of speech not freedom from its consequences. That should be clear to anyone.

So as I said, de facto there is no free speech in this country.

NPR ran a segment today about a Umiversity of Arkansass ( or Alabama can't remember the exact school) professor that had death threats and tons of social media threats directed at him and his family. All because a douche at the rally kind of looked like him and wore a t-shirt of the school he taught at. He has had rough week trying to clear his name after falsely being tagged as the protestor on social media

I'm all for exposing a Nazi or Antifa thug for who they are, but its extremely important to identify the right person.

Well there are differences. Firing a someone for chanting hateful and racist things is a good thing.
No.

Doxing is wrong.

When were the founding fathers ever anonymous??? They put their names to the Constitution!

The Nazis & assorted hateful ****s who showed up at a public Nazi rally are like our Founding Fathers trying to write the Constitution?

The ****, dude?

That's an odd comparison.

Not sure why'd you'd associate those two groups.

Anonymity is important. If you're not espousing violence, then there is no reason why you should not be able to keep your anonymity.

No.

Doxing is wrong.

In a free market, private companies can do what they want and can choose whether or not they want to be associated with a known nazi. Is a private company that goes through employees' social media also doxing? No they are making sure you have character and are someone they want to hire.

Anonymity is important. If you're not espousing violence, then there is no reason why you should not be able to keep your anonymity.

If you want anonymity, don't participate in public Nazis rallies.

:shrug:

Doxing is wrong.

Authoritarianism from people who hold no authority
And forcible suppression without force

Public events are public

In a free market, private companies can do what they want and can choose whether or not they want to be associated with a known nazi. Is a private company that goes through employees' social media also doxing? No they are making sure you have character and are someone they want to hire.

Doesn't change the the fact that Doxing is wrong.
No one should be held to such standards, especially for a position they hold outside of work.

If it was somehow work related I would support it, but it wasn't and is therefore wrong.

Doesn't change the the fact that Doxing is wrong.
No one should be held to such standards, especially for a position they hold outside of work.

If it was somehow work related I would support it, but it wasn't and is therefore wrong.

Do you think the business would be OK with losing customers because one of their staff is a known nazi?
At one point they would have to let him go. The business makes a financial decision upon learning an employee is engaging in such behavior.

Authoritarianism from people who hold no authority
And forcible suppression without force
I see. His employer had no authority over whether he kept his job or not? Interesting. :doh

Spew that nonsense elsewhere.

As for the individual doing the doxing? Still trying to force others to his position. Authoritarianism.

Do you think the business would be OK with losing customers because one of their staff is a known nazi?
They shouldn't as no one should be such an asshole to hold an employer responsible for what an employee does on their own time.

They shouldn't as no one should be such an asshole to hold an employer responsible for what an employee does on their own time.

A private business has every right to do so. He can go work at countless other restaurants.

Back
Top Bottom