• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Nasa's Tetrads and John Hagee's Bood Moons

tosca1

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
I stumbled onto a presentation being given by Evangelist John Hagee, called the Four Blood Moons. He was already in the middle of it, but I was intrigued by what he was actually explaining. He was connecting NASA's predictions of coming solar and lunar eclipses (a group of 4) in 2014-2015, with the blood moons of the past.

He is saying that something big will happen to Israel and to the world. I haven't watched the whole thing, so here it is for those who are interested.

And here's NASA's prediction:

2014 Apr 15: Total Lunar Eclipse
2014 Apr 29: Annular Solar Eclipse
2014 Oct 08: Total Lunar Eclipse
2014 Oct 23: Partial Solar Eclipse

NASA - Eclipses During 2014

Eclipses have happened throughout history. Only an idiot thinks that they have something to do with Israel. (and I say that as a person that believes in God)

Eclipses have happened throughout history. Only an idiot thinks that they have something to do with Israel. (and I say that as a person that believes in God)

John Hagee laid out a number of monumental events in Jewish history that did occur during Blood Moons.

In addition, the Jews have 7 "Feasts of Israel" (note Leviticus 23, etc.). The first four were fulfilled by events in Jesus' life and Acts chapter 2 - Pentecost. He was the Passover lamb and he was resurrected on the Feast of Firstfruits (the same calendar day of the year that Noah reportedly touched down on the Mountains of Ararat). The last three feasts are expected to have fulfillments during the 2nd Coming. Here's more on all that:

The Prophetic Feasts of Israel. Passover, Unleavened Bread, Feast of Firstfruits, Feast of Pentecost, Feast of Trumpets, Day of Atonement, Feast of Tabernacles. Messianic Bible study, messianic Bible studies

A more in-depth study of this can be found in Kevin J. Conner's book "The Feasts of Israel."

Have you watched the first and second part? The third part mentioned the countries that are on God's hit list.
Have you listened objectively to the explanation?

The last 3 times the blood moons - those sets of 4 - appeared were in 1492, 1948 and 1967. NASA kept a record of those.....however, Hagee checked out those dates and those dates were significant in Israel's history.

In 1492 the Edict of Expulsion was decreed in Spain.

His legend might be cemented in history as the man who discovered America, but a remarkable new theory has emerged about Christopher Columbus and why he embarked on his momentous voyage of 1492.
On the day marking the 508th anniversary of the explorer's death, scholars have claimed there is compelling evidence that suggests Christopher Columbus was secretly Jewish and that he hid his true faith to survive the Spanish Inquisition.

In a further revelation, historians believe the real motive behind his historic quest was to find a new homeland for Jews who were persecuted and run out of Spain.

As well as his legendary status as an explorer, Columbus has been described as a deeply religious man who was committed to the cause of liberating Jerusalem from the Muslims.

Jews were the target of a brutal and systematic ethnic cleansing during the lifetime of Columbus.
As part of fanatical, religious persecution it was proclaimed by Queen Isabella and King Ferdinand in March 1492 that all Jews should be expelled from Spain.

This move was particularly aimed at the 800,000 Jews who refused to convert to Catholicism and were given just four months to leave the country
Read more: Christopher Columbus was Jewish was looking for a new homeland when he discovered America, historians say | Mail Online

In 1948, Israel was granted his statehood. Jews came home.

In 1967, that was the 6-day war. Jerusalem was reunited with Israel.

The Miracles of the 6 Day War

In the spring of 1967, following close to a decade of relative calm, Israel found itself poised for war against four of its Arab neighbors.

According to all the military analysts and pundits, it was to be a lopsided match. The Israel Defense Forces (IDF) consisted of 275,000 troops, compared to the 456,000 soldiers of the combined Iraqi, Syrian, Jordanian and Egyptian armies. The united Arab forces also had a decided edge with regards to weaponry and military equipment: they boasted more than double the amount of tanks, and close to four times the amount of combat aircraft. The three-week period preceding the Six-Day War was one of dread, shock and fright for the residents of the Holy Land.

With close to two and a half million Jews living in the tiny country, it had the highest concentration of Jews since pre-Holocaust Eastern Europe. So pessimistic was the outlook that the nation’s cemeteries and national parks were marked to become gravesites for the many who would surely perish in the course of the war.

However, despite all the prognostications, by the time the war ended, the territory under Israeli control had tripled in size. Jews returned to sites where their ancestors had lived for thousands of years, sites from which waves of terror were launched against them for so many years. The casualties and losses were painful, but minimal in comparison to all projections. The Jewish nation was miraculously victorious in the face of unbelievable odds.

All through the OT, with God's aid, how many times did the Jews win wars?

The coming blood moons may not necessarily be the time detailed in the Bible when God will whack Iran, Russia, Germany, Libya, Turkey and Ethiopia, but it is curious to see what big thing will happen on that date. It's not a long wait....

Last edited:

You may believe in God...but do you believe what's been given to us by God in the Bible? Just asking....

You may believe in God...but do you believe what's been given to us by God in the Bible? Just asking....

Depends on who's defining that. There's plenty of competing ideas about exactly what that is.

Everybody who has bet on the world ending has been wrong so far.

In any case Hagee is a fraud, who pedals End Time silliness to make himself a millionaire. Christians don't need to worry about the end of the world; they need to be worry about feeding the hungry, and helping the poor.

In Matthew 25 Jesus didn't say he'd ask anybody about their views on the end of the world to see if they got it right. He will ask people like Hagee what they did to help the least of us. I wonder what Hagee will say.

How many blood moons have occurred with no especially important events occurring in Jewish history?

Answer that question and then evaluate Mr. Hagee's pronouncements.

I was skimming through it and found it interesting that around the 20 minute mark, he was talking down on Paganism. Even remarked on how Christians "salute" Paganism... All while using the Pagan and Occult practice of Astrology by looking for "signs" in celestial bodies. Then he goes out of his way to bash the Catholic church for no reason whatsoever. Fraudzilla.

As I recall, when Jesus was asked, He said that even He didn't know, that only the Father knows.

So perhaps our time is better served concerning ourselves with the oil in our own little lamps. Still, I'll be curious to see what happens. I just keep hearing "making fools of the wise" in my head.

John Hagee laid out a number of monumental events in Jewish history that did occur during Blood Moons.

In addition, the Jews have 7 "Feasts of Israel" (note Leviticus 23, etc.). The first four were fulfilled by events in Jesus' life and Acts chapter 2 - Pentecost. He was the Passover lamb and he was resurrected on the Feast of Firstfruits (the same calendar day of the year that Noah reportedly touched down on the Mountains of Ararat). The last three feasts are expected to have fulfillments during the 2nd Coming. Here's more on all that:

The Prophetic Feasts of Israel. Passover, Unleavened Bread, Feast of Firstfruits, Feast of Pentecost, Feast of Trumpets, Day of Atonement, Feast of Tabernacles. Messianic Bible study, messianic Bible studies

A more in-depth study of this can be found in Kevin J. Conner's book "The Feasts of Israel."

Dollars to donuts, even more monumental events did not happen during Blood Moons and you remember only the limited number of cases in which there was the coincidence of match and do not remember the anti-coincidental evidence.

I was skimming through it and found it interesting that around the 20 minute mark, he was talking down on Paganism. Even remarked on how Christians "salute" Paganism... All while using the Pagan and Occult practice of Astrology by looking for "signs" in celestial bodies. Then he goes out of his way to bash the Catholic church for no reason whatsoever. Fraudzilla.

Signs in celestial bodies are not limited to paganism and occultism. It's in the Bible.

Genesis 1:4
And God said, “Let there be lights in the expanse of the heavens to separate the day from the night. And let them be for signs and for seasons, and for days and years,

Luke 21:25
And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring

However unlike paganism,we do not worship any heavenly bodies.

As I recall, when Jesus was asked, He said that even He didn't know, that only the Father knows.
So perhaps our time is better served concerning ourselves with the oil in our own little lamps. Still, I'll be curious to see what happens. I just keep hearing "making fools of the wise" in my head.

I don't think Hagee was saying that the end of the world will happen during the coming blood moons. He was saying that something big will happen. He was repeating the verse from Joel, the signs for end times.

Joel 2:28-32

“And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my Spirit on all flesh; your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, and your young men shall see visions. Even on the male and female servants in those days I will pour out my Spirit. “And I will show wonders in the heavens and on the earth, blood and fire and columns of smoke. The sun shall be turned to darkness, and the moon to blood, before the great and awesome day of the Lord comes. And it shall come to pass that everyone who calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved. For in Mount Zion and in Jerusalem there shall be those who escape, as the Lord has said, and among the survivors shall be those whom the Lord calls.

Everybody who has bet on the world ending has been wrong so far.

In any case Hagee is a fraud, who pedals End Time silliness to make himself a millionaire. Christians don't need to worry about the end of the world; they need to be worry about feeding the hungry, and helping the poor.

In Matthew 25 Jesus didn't say he'd ask anybody about their views on the end of the world to see if they got it right. He will ask people like Hagee what they did to help the least of us. I wonder what Hagee will say.

It's about the message.

He reiterated several times that he's not making the prophesy. What he's doing is using the scientific predictions of NASA and connecting them with the history of Israel, and he's basing this on biblical verses ( Genesis, Joel and Luke).

It is indeed stated in Genesis 1, " And let them be for signs...."

As for judgement on Hagee himself, I know nothing of the man personally. Even if I did, that's between him and God.

How many blood moons have occurred with no especially important events occurring in Jewish history?

Answer that question and then evaluate Mr. Hagee's pronouncements.

Did the Bible say that all signs would pertain to Israel? Did the Bible say that all blood moons will be signs for something significant, or is it just some? Is there information that can be gathered - does NASA have a list of blood moons, and if there is such a list, who was documenting events and connecting the dots with the Bible? Who knows.

But the undeniable fact still remains that the past blood moons 1492, 1948, and 1967 involved Israel.
That's the fact.

I am curious, too. With all the happenings and development in politics and world affairs (particularly those that involves Israel).....it isn't far-fetched that something just might happen.

There's nothing wrong about concerning ourselves with the oil in our lamp, but a Christian is commissioned by God to spread the Word. OUTREACH. That's what Jesus did when he travelled all over the place teaching. That's what the Apostles did, too - if they just concerned themselves with their own region, Christianity wouldn't be all over the world.

Jesus really made a big issue of warning people - and the future generation - about His Second Coming. He also spoke about His love for us and Salvation. If there is anything to preach about, it will be that. That's the gist of His preaching.

Signs in celestial bodies are not limited to paganism and occultism. It's in the Bible.
Genesis 1:4 isn't talking about astrology, its talking about the creation of existence. Luke 21:25 is about the effects of the Coming of Christ on the world and heavens, which isn't astrology. Pagan astrology is a form of divination, e.g. predicting future events, which Hagee is doing.

However unlike paganism,we do not worship any heavenly bodies.

Pagans don't worship celestial bodies. They worship the gods those things represent.

Yeah, but Hagee knows. Send him money and he'll tell us!

It's about the message.

He reiterated several times that he's not making the prophesy. What he's doing is using the scientific predictions of NASA and connecting them with the history of Israel, and he's basing this on biblical verses ( Genesis, Joel and Luke).

It is indeed stated in Genesis 1, " And let them be for signs...."

As for judgement on Hagee himself, I know nothing of the man personally. Even if I did, that's between him and God.

Since he purports to be a Christian while pedaling his nonsense and making millions on it, no, it's not between him and God. It's between him and real Christians. He is destroying the Christian witness with his greed and bizarre fixation on fake prophesies (and rightwing politics I might add). As Paul said, no real Christian should even eat with such a man.

We aren't to judge nonChristians, but we must judge those who claim to be Christians but destroy the witness with their greed. Not surprisingly such people tend to judge those outside the church (usually gays), which is exactly what Paul says not to do.

1 Cor 5: - wrote you in my letter not to associate with immoral people; 10I did not at all mean with the immoral people of this world, or with the covetous and swindlers, or with idolaters, for then you would have to go out of the world. 11But actually, I wrote to you not to associate with any so-called brother if he is an immoral person, or greedy, or an idolater, or a reviler, or a drunkard, or a swindler-- not even to eat with such a one.…

Anyway, I'm not trying to derail your interest in prophesy. I just think Hagee is the wrong person to rely on for that.

Last edited:
1 Cor 5: 11 - But now I am writing to you that you must not associate with anyone who claims to be a brother or sister but is sexually immoral or greedy, an idolater or slanderer, a drunkard or swindler. Do not even eat with such people.

I find that interesting, as Jesus himself made no such distinction. He kept the company of a wide range of people, and does not appear to have discriminated, based on character.

"Peddling." Just FYI.

Since he purports to be a Christian while pedaling his nonsense and making millions on it, no, it's not between him and God. It's between him and real Christians. He is destroying the Christian witness with his greed and bizarre fixation on fake prophesies (and rightwing politics I might add). As Paul said, no real Christian should even eat with such a man.

We aren't to judge nonChristians, but we must judge those who claim to be Christians but destroy the witness with their greed. Not surprisingly such people tend to judge those outside the church (usually gays), which is exactly what Paul says not to do.

1 Cor 5: - wrote you in my letter not to associate with immoral people; 10I did not at all mean with the immoral people of this world, or with the covetous and swindlers, or with idolaters, for then you would have to go out of the world. 11But actually, I wrote to you not to associate with any so-called brother if he is an immoral person, or greedy, or an idolater, or a reviler, or a drunkard, or a swindler-- not even to eat with such a one.…

Anyway, I'm not trying to derail your interest in prophesy. I just think Hagee is the wrong person to rely on for that.

It may've been Hagee who's delivering the message, but like I said it's not about the person. It's about the message.

As far as I see, he has not said anything that goes against the Bible. All he did was connect the dots. And he's got something to say which is quite interesting.

Whether he's a sinner or not is not the issue here.

Anyway....who's to say that God doesn't use sinners for messengers? If sinners are not used as instruments of God, no one will know anything!

If you wish to discuss Hagee, the "sinner"....kindly create your own topic for it.
This thread is meant for his message about the coming blood moons.

Genesis 1:4 isn't talking about astrology, its talking about the creation of existence.
Luke 21:25 is about the effects of the Coming of Christ on the world and heavens, which isn't astrology. Pagan astrology is a form of divination, e.g. predicting future events, which Hagee is doing.

Pagans don't worship celestial bodies. They worship the gods those things represent.

However, Genesis' statement about signs is backed by the New Testatment! Along the same context as using the sun, the moon, and the stars for signs. Therefore, it is as it reads! God created the heavenly bodies and stated their purpose!

Genesis 1:14
And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:

And here's the New Testament.

Luke 21:
7 And they asked him, saying, Master, but when shall these things be? and what sign will there be when these things shall come to pass?

8 And he said, Take heed that ye be not deceived: for many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and the time draweth near: go ye not therefore after them.

9 But when ye shall hear of wars and commotions, be not terrified: for these things must first come to pass; but the end is not by and by.

10 Then said he unto them, Nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom:

11 And great earthquakes shall be in divers places, and famines, and pestilences; and fearful sights and great signs shall there be from heaven.

12 But before all these, they shall lay their hands on you, and persecute you, delivering you up to the synagogues, and into prisons, being brought before kings and rulers for my name's sake.

13 And it shall turn to you for a testimony.

14 Settle it therefore in your hearts, not to meditate before what ye shall answer:

15 For I will give you a mouth and wisdom, which all your adversaries shall not be able to gainsay nor resist.

16 And ye shall be betrayed both by parents, and brethren, and kinsfolks, and friends; and some of you shall they cause to be put to death.

17 And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake.

18 But there shall not an hair of your head perish.

19 In your patience possess ye your souls.

20 And when ye shall see Jerusalem compassed with armies, then know that the desolation thereof is nigh.

21 Then let them which are in Judaea flee to the mountains; and let them which are in the midst of it depart out; and let not them that are in the countries enter thereinto.

22 For these be the days of vengeance, that all things which are written may be fulfilled.

23 But woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck, in those days! for there shall be great distress in the land, and wrath upon this people.

24 And they shall fall by the edge of the sword, and shall be led away captive into all nations: and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled.

25 And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring;

26 Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken.

27 And then shall they see the Son of man coming in a cloud with power and great glory.

28 And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

As for astrology, some people tend to rely on astrology for their everyday function and fortunes. We are not supposed to do that since we end up focusing on the heavenly bodies instead of God. We rely on God, our Creator. Not the heavenly bodies. That is paganistic!

Well I don't care to dwell deeply on what they or the dynamics of their worship in particular but they do worship the Sun (they have a Sun God) and animals and trees. Anyone who worship anything in the heavens, under the ground and under the waters...in other words, anyone who worship a creature instead of the Creator, is a pagan.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom