• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

My Pet Amendment

Nope no-one does

Tell that to all the people who actually defend themselves from killers and robbers, using firearms.

Why do you NEED a car that can go 45MPH ?

I need a car that can go at least the speed limit, so I can transport myself to where I need to be.

No you don't. It's legal to go below the speed limit. But if that bothers you, we can just lower the speed limit to 45. Problem solved.

1. No it doesn't...are you under some impression that American soldier shoot better than those of other countries and secondly are you under an impression that small arms fire causes most casualties

2. Can you not read? I said can you give an example where privately held guns have helped defend a country from this century or last ?
The sheer size of the USA makes it a hard task to invade, not that many of its RW citizens are packing heat.

I never claimed that such a thing specifically happened. So why would you ask me to provide such an example?

Says who ?

WHO exactly says this ?

The actual text of the treaty:

"To regulate Commerce with foreign Nations, and among the several States, and with the Indian Tribes;"

Tell that to all the people who actually defend themselves from killers and robbers, using firearms.

Yeah, yeah those mythical people

What about the majority of Americans who don't have access to guns and who also defend themselves from killers and robbers ?

No you don't.

I could use Uber or beg rides I guess but I'm using one car or another

It's legal to go below the speed limit. But if that bothers you, we can just lower the speed limit to 45. Problem solved.

Why 45mph, why not 35mph ?

I never claimed that such a thing specifically happened....

So how do you know privately owned firearms can help defend a country from invasion ?

I mean there's been tons of invasions in the 20th and 21st centuries, you'd think that if your claim was true there'd be at least one claim to prove it

As it is, it looks like the proof is on the other side and the reverse is true.

The actual text of the treaty:

"To regulate Commerce with foreign Nations, and among the several States, and with the Indian Tribes;"

Do you understand the meaning of the word "WHO" ?

I mean, I typed it twice, capitalized and bolded it it, in hope that you'd see it clearly.

So how do you know privately owned firearms can help defend a country from invasion ?
Because governments really want to ban them.

Do you understand the meaning of the word "WHO" ?
Yes, I actually do.
I mean, I typed it twice, capitalized and bolded it it, in hope that you'd see it clearly.
Wow. Fascinating. Such work you've gone to.

And the treaty allows the general government to regulate commerce among the several states. I'm not a state, and I doubt you are.

So that they can be invaded by a hostile power ?

Congratulations for the dumbest post of the day.

I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Nope it seems you confuse the words "who" and "what"

But you live in a state, and that is what is important.

But there is no legislative power over those who live in a state. Unless you can cite such a power??

Ever heard of the Constitution of the USA ?

Yes. It give congress the legislative power to regulate commerce among the several states. You're not a state, are you?

Yes. It give congress the legislative power to regulate commerce among the several states. You're not a state, are you?

I live in a state, and therefore Congress has power over me and you with regards to commerce.

I live in a state, and therefore Congress has power over me and you with regards to commerce.

So now you're inventing constitutional language?

Nope that's Congresses interpretation.

So it passes laws over us.

You cannot prove the Constitution doesn't allow Congress that power.

It doesn't. You can't prove it does.

The fact that Congress has passed laws over us regarding firearms

Congress has passed laws inconsistent with the language of the constitution? Color me shocked!

Congress has passed laws inconsistent with the language of the constitution? Color me shocked!

Says who ?

Note: I asked "says who" (person or persons) not "what" (document, book)

I'm not interested in YOUR interpretation.

Says who ?

You understand that law is written down, right?

I'd like to see an amendment to abolish the office of POTUS. Our elected VP could be the civilian CiC, do cabinet stuff and foreign relations. Supreme court justices could be appointed by the Senate. They're used to that.

Throughout history, whoever was that guy at the time has been a problem. Let's nip this one in the bud.

Do away with Citizens United.

End absurd gerrymandering (use a computer algorithm).

Make the Voting Rights Act as it was passed in 1965 a Constitutional Amendment.

Mandatory term limits.

Mandatory asset declarations for Pres. VP. Cabinet members, Congressmen, SCOTUS judges.

You understand that law is written down, right?

Dodge noted

Again: Says who ?

Dodge noted

Again: Says who ?

The lawmakers. That's the who.

Back
Top Bottom