• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Moses or Mose?

I say

• Total voters
What if they have different pronounciations?

It might boil down to confusion when the name is not recognized.
Minimal difference, if that.

Moses can be Moe. Does that mean Abraham and Noah can be Larry & Curly? "Nyuk nyuk nyuk" 😉
Abraham and Noah, OK, but if you try it with Elijah, you'll be smashing real people.

More importantly, what would be the correct plural in the event of encountering more than one Moses?

Moses's, Moses', Mosees, Moses (like Moose), Mosai... curious minds wish to know.

Elijah can be Shemp.
Melchizedek wasn't shemp really, some priests did subtracted a hundred years from six in the lineage to make it look that way.

But it's all science fiction anyway, except Adam and Eve they appear every time a Creation resets.

Don't watch, you'll give them time.

More importantly, what would be the correct plural in the event of encountering more than one Moses?

Moses's, Moses', Mosees, Moses (like Moose), Mosai... curious minds wish to know.
The ‘ pertains to possession, not another form of a name.

Melchizedek wasn't shemp really, some priests did subtracted a hundred years from six in the lineage to make it look that way.

But it's all science fiction anyway, except Adam and Eve they appear every time a Creation resets.

Don't watch, you'll give them time.
That's not science fiction. That's just fantasy. Including "creation" and A&E.

thats not the point here
Sorry guy, I de-railed your thread, made conversation more interesting than an idiotic idea like "Is Moses Moses or the three stooges?"

I think I fit in quite well thank you.

I'm glad to see you're not ignoring me.

That's not science fiction. That's just fantasy. Including "creation" and A&E.
Don't you know that the apple represents meat-eating, which is the law across Creation.

Meat-eating is the epitome of material entanglement. It makes one weak and diseased, but grows the brain size. It is not conducive to spiritual realization.

Don't you know that the apple represents meat-eating, which is the law across Creation.

Meat-eating is the epitome of material entanglement. It makes one weak and diseased, but grows the brain size. It is not conducive to spiritual realization.
Where in the Bible do you find where A&E ate an apple?

Where in the Bible do you find where A&E ate an apple?
Oh, come on, you used a space in the guy's thread to pick an apple?

You know what I mean, it's been called an apple before.

Oh, come on, you used a space in the guy's thread to pick an apple?

You know what I mean, it's been called an apple before.
Aren’t you interested in presenting an accurate narrative?

An apple is a fruit, not meat. Many species are herbivores. So your meat law is both absurd and false. Meat is just a source of protein and nourishment for our physical well being. It has nothing to do with "spiritual realization." Although, I do sometimes sacrifice a steak on the altar of the Char Broil grill.

same goes for Elia and Elias

and for Jonas and Jona

why do some say Mose?

no serious thoughts?

In the first Suikoden games the recruitable blacksmits are named Maas, Meese, Mose, Moose and Mace.

my theory …. but only for germany

protestants prefer Mose
catholics prefer Moses

how is that in your countries?
I know of NO non-Catholic Bible based denomination that uses the name "Mose". They all call him Moses.

I think you been drinking too much from the blood of Christ..

I know of NO non-Catholic Bible based denomination that uses the name "Mose". They all call him Moses.
in germany the protestants say and write Mose …. witout the s

SO I was interested how it is in the us

Back
Top Bottom