• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Morehouse College grads are surprised by a billionaire's promise to pay off their student loans

You have proposed an interesting wrinkle that I had not thought about.

The unfortunate problem is that (as I learned whilst a member of a major university's "Scholarships, Awards, and Bursaries Committee") there is no way of telling, in advance, which 10% of the people who untake post-secondary education will increase their income sufficiently that the increased amount that they pay in taxes will actually end up paying the cost of their education. That means that there is actually no way of identifying the "slackers" on admission.

You might find "Why Many 'C' Students End Up Most Successful", "9 Presidential Candidates Who Weren't Great Students", and "Why The Ones Who Have Bad Grades Are Often The Ones Who Are Most Successful" somewhat interesting.

Of course that (10%?) default rate must taken into account. That (and accounting for general inflation costs) is easily accomplished by making each student pay back their actual cost of education plus "interest" to cover those additional costs.

It's a tremendous gesture. Good on him. But if I worked to put myself through college and others just did the debt thing, I'm a little bitter.

Would you be a little bitter if all of these grads hit the lottery? Cuz, that's what they did. Through no merit of their own, but through the tremendous generosity of a relative stranger, they have each received a magnificent gift. Good for them, I say. Absolutely no reason to be bitter.

Lmao, a false dilemma based on legitimate questions about the overwhelming majority of people who aren't on the internet whining about someone paying for someone else's education.

That's bravely stupid.

Sent from the Oval Office using Putin's MacBook, and Barr's Wi-Fi password.

Taking peoples positions out of context should rate you nothing but disdain....

Taking peoples positions out of context should rate you nothing but disdain....
Is the position that the people complaining about this are whining out of context? Let's face it - people will whine when the government takes such an action, people will do the same when private citizens take such actions.

Best to ignore the whiners.

Is the position that the people complaining about this are whining out of context? Let's face it - people will whine when the government takes such an action, people will do the same when private citizens take such actions.

Best to ignore the whiners.

That's why I ignore you so often....lol

That's why I ignore you so often....lol
That would be funny, if I didn't shut down so many of your threads and complaints with a single post.

Rats jumping off ship anyone?

:)

If a poster showed up years before you, there's a chance they're the incumbent and someone else is the troll.

The whining about this exists because some folks didn't get their loan paid off.

Maybe Tucker will step up?

Why do you post on this forum? "Mostly for the luls." Ill just ignore you and move on.

Two years of free community college was Joe Biden's statement. Not mine.

The fact that neither Mr. Biden nor the American electorate can tell the difference between "free" and "no upfront charge" isn't my problem either.

The rest of your post is irrelevant tripe.

The fact that you cannot tell the difference between "tripe" and "factual information that I do not want to hear" is your problem and not mine.

Take it up with Biden.

And what makes you think that I haven't?

I answered another poster's question about what Biden was pitching.

One of the facts of life on the Internet is that ANYONE is free to respond to anyone else's posts.

Of course that (10%?) default rate must taken into account. That (and accounting for general inflation costs) is easily accomplished by making each student pay back their actual cost of education plus "interest" to cover those additional costs.

With the proposal that I made there would be NO "default" rate. Once the obligation had been incurred it would attach to the individual's gross income until the individual died.

Back
Top Bottom