• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

More Abortions Are Good For Society

Bodi

Just waiting for my set...
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Are Abortions Good For Society? - The Atlantic

It is clear that more abortions is a good thing... not forced abortions... but voluntary. Don't confuse the two. It is an important distinction to factor into the equation so it warrants mentioning. One thing that often gets over-looked in the rhetoric is that abortion is a complicated matter that should not be thought about as merely an issue that can be looked at from one perspective. As long as that is understood then everybody involved will be better prepared... and that is a good thing. More abortions sounds crazy but less abortions does not mean a better society. Just listen and have compassion.

Before all of the conservative members who only care about the mere existence of unwanted people come in, I have to carefully explain the reasons for this.

Society can only get worse when there are more unwanted people. It can only get better when people can do more to help everyone instead of spend all their time with one unwanted kid. Biblically, everyone is responsible for helping out the poor and serving God. That - not going through with unwanted pregnancies to put more poor people on the planet - is helping society. If you are a Christian, you want to do what Jesus would do and commande. That is not adding people to the world. It is helping the people who already need what they can't get on their own.

Last edited:
Before all of the conservative members who only care about the mere existence of unwanted people come in, I have to carefully explain the reasons for this.

Society can only get worse when there are more unwanted people. It can only get better when people can do more to help everyone instead of spend all their time with one unwanted kid. Biblically, everyone is responsible for helping out the poor and serving God. That - not going through with unwanted pregnancies to put more poor people on the planet - is helping society. If you are a Christian, you want to do what Jesus would do and commande. That is not adding people to the world. It is helping the people who already need what they can't get on their own.
Interestingly, this would mean that having an entire population of homosexuals coupling off but still procreating would be an ideal situation because almost all pregnancies would be wanted, planned for. Very few abortions.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Uh, what? Homosexuals can't procreate, obviously. You must be thinking of bisexuals, who are not allowed to marry both of their lovers.

Uh, what? Homosexuals can't procreate, obviously. You must be thinking of bisexuals, who are not allowed to marry both of their lovers.

Why can a homosexual man and a homosexual woman not procreate?

Obviously because they would never have sex with each other.

You did not say that they would choose to not procreate. Obviously you said that they "can't" procreate. That means that they can NOT procreate. Why can they not procreate?

But sex isn't necessary for procreation. You could just use in vitro.

A homosexual man can have sex with a homosexual woman and procreate. His statement was stupid.

50 million abortions since roeVwade, you honestly think our society is for the better? The off loading of our youngest humans is the crowning achievement of a culture permeated by the morally bankrupt ideology of elective killing. A life is worthless while another is valued depending merely on personal taste or a swing of mood. Look around, tell me why suicide and depression is on the increase. We’re in harvest of sown seeds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

50 million abortions since roeVwade, you honestly think our society is for the better?

It is not a bad thing. There are too many people on the planet.

It's my understanding that the crime rate has gone down since 18 years after RvW.

The off loading of our youngest humans is the crowning achievement of a culture permeated by the morally bankrupt ideology of elective killing.

Zefs are not human beings.

A life is worthless while another is valued depending merely on personal taste or a swing of mood.

Show where any woman has aborted because of "a swing of mood". I have no idea what you mean by the former.

Which would only happen if people want babies, so it has nothing to do with abortion.

Why did you ignore this post?

You did not say that they would choose to not procreate. Obviously you said that they "can't" procreate. That means that they can NOT procreate. Why can they not procreate?

Beause it has nothing to do wiht abortion. I am a huge opponent of derailing threads.

Then why did you respond to roguenuke when she brought it up?

Seems self-serving to not respond after you made such an incorrect statement.

It is not a bad thing. There are too many people on the planet.

It's my understanding that the crime rate has gone down since 18 years after RvW.

Zefs are not human beings.

Show where any woman has aborted because of "a swing of mood". I have no idea what you mean by the former.

The planet is capable of supporting us all.
The unborn are human, what else would they be.
Woman have elective abortions for all kinds of different reasons, it depends on the mindset at the time.

Then why did you respond to roguenuke when she brought it up?

Seems self-serving to not respond after you made such an incorrect statement.

There is nothing incorrect about knowing perfectly well what it means to be homosesxual. You are talking about bisexuals. I already addressed that.

So back to abortion . . .

50 million abortions since roeVwade, you honestly think our society is for the better? The off loading of our youngest humans is the crowning achievement of a culture permeated by the morally bankrupt ideology of elective killing. A life is worthless while another is valued depending merely on personal taste or a swing of mood. Look around, tell me why suicide and depression is on the increase. We’re in harvest of sown seeds.

Please feel free to list any negative effects of abortion on 'society.' There are none that I'm aware of.

If you claim depression and suicide "on a societal level", please link those to having abortions. Almost all peer-reviewed studies show that most women have no long term regret or other emotional issues.

Please support your claims.

Last edited:
There is nothing incorrect about knowing perfectly well what it means to be homosesxual. You are talking about bisexuals. I already addressed that.

So back to abortion . . .

It's very obvious that gays want families (to procreate) and are willing to go to great lengths to do so...including biologically, IVF, adoption, surrogacy, etc. In many cases, esp. until very recently, all these things were even harder if you were gay, like adoption.

Woman have elective abortions for all kinds of different reasons, it depends on the mindset at the time.

The planet's resources are not unlimited. I believe in quality of life, not quantity. Why do we need 'more' people?

Do you want to live in a toilet? On top of other people?

Are Abortions Good For Society? - The Atlantic

It is clear that more abortions is a good thing... not forced abortions... but voluntary. Don't confuse the two. It is an important distinction to factor into the equation so it warrants mentioning. One thing that often gets over-looked in the rhetoric is that abortion is a complicated matter that should not be thought about as merely an issue that can be looked at from one perspective. As long as that is understood then everybody involved will be better prepared... and that is a good thing. More abortions sounds crazy but less abortions does not mean a better society. Just listen and have compassion.

Yup, just as I like to write: "quality of life over quantity."

Your username proves to me you are fully capable of understanding the first statement is a blatant lie and so is the "mindset" part. If you really "stop and think" you will never repeat that crap being fed to you by conservative pro-lifers. So I have to ask: Why don't you do what your username says?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom