• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Mom defends her 3-year-old child’s right to wear tutus

TV's not real. Well OK, there are documentaries. But mostly it's just made up stories. Does it have to reflect the full statistical demographics of a country? Who cares if shows have gay characters, if it bothers you, watch something else.

I love that attack technique... LOL

... if it bothers you ... generally indicates a fail.

And why is that?

Why is it wrong to send a little boy off to school in a tutu? Well, the child will learn about other kids laughing at them. When they look at the teacher they'll see a wide grin trying to hold back giggles. And the kid will probably wonder why his mother didn't warn him.

The kid is, in my opinion, quite normal. The mother isn't.

If you're interested, learn about muxe.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muxe

I cannot for the life of me figure out why this drives some people to distraction so much. How fragile must someone be to get seriously upset over others wearing pieces of cotton in the "wrong" colors or cuts?

I think the issue is that many people think that this behavior must be the actions of the parents. My son just turned 3 and he's never exhibited any of this kind of behavior. But he does have pink shirts and if someone were to ask him "why are you wearing pink?" his answer wouldn't sound anything like "he will say the tutus make him feel beautiful and brave. If asked, he will say there are no rules about what boys can wear or what girls can wear." As a parent of a three year old that just really sounds like something that a three year old was told to say, not something they thought up. Really I could care less, and if my son wanted to wear dress it's whatever, but I think people are always iffy about this because it may seem that the parents are pushing it or at least guiding the kid. Which makes someone like me, who is completely open to all that and would love and support my son 100% if he were gay or transgender, a little uneasy.

Just because one can, doesn't mean one should. Or that it's "OK".

I never said one should, I said it was OK. Humanity has had busibodies since..well probably since we came out of the trees...maybe even before. Saying that something is inappropriate for a boy to wear is a far cry from calling someone the "N" word. People are going to say things often, maybe even the "N" word. We're going to have to come to grips with the fact that people will say things, and some of what they say may even be rude or insulting on some level, but that it's just words.

Sticks and stones....

So it is OK for someone to spout off at their mouth whatever crap they want to so long as it's left at that. It's OK to ignore them as well. It's time we all grow up a little bit.

Yeah. A three year old only says this kind of crap if he or she has been taught to say it.

Just like a 3 year old boy who would refuse to wear something pink because that's a "girl color".

I love that attack technique... LOL

... if it bothers you ... generally indicates a fail.

Generally perhaps, not universally. This is TV, if a TV program bothers you....change the channel.

I think the issue is that many people think that this behavior must be the actions of the parents. My son just turned 3 and he's never exhibited any of this kind of behavior. But he does have pink shirts and if someone were to ask him "why are you wearing pink?" his answer wouldn't sound anything like "he will say the tutus make him feel beautiful and brave. If asked, he will say there are no rules about what boys can wear or what girls can wear." As a parent of a three year old that just really sounds like something that a three year old was told to say, not something they thought up.
Bingo.

being a queer is fashionable, leftie, you're not 'born that way' LOL.

Hidden camera: ‘Gays’ admit they’re not ‘born that way’
Identical Twin Studies Prove Homosexuality is Not Genetic | OrthodoxNet.com Blog - Shining the Light of Wisdom and Truth

again, it's fashionable to be queer these days, that's why he's wearing the tutu. that's his choice, and i defend anyone's right to be fashionably pink.

actually the studies indicate that most cross dressers are not gay. at three years old, I doubt anyone can tell what the boy will end up being. Maybe the baddest dude in the woods.

Because it forces the schools to have dress codes when parents have no sense.

I would say that he shouldn't wear it at school because in most cases he'd be heavily bullied at school for it.

Maybe not at 3 years old, but when he gets older?
Most certainly.

:shrug: I think it's pretty clear that's where mom is pushing.

It's possible, but it's also possible the kid really likes to wear it. Kids do crazy, nonsensical things all the time.

Do? I don't do anything. I just enjoy seeing innocent kids indulging their imagination. What do you think I should do?

I wouldn't know, that's why I asked. Are you a teacher or something?

In the mid-'70s, when I was in an acid rock band (10 years before hair metal bands), we would shop for clothes in the women's department. I just couldn't find a gold lamé, bell sleeved shirt in the men's clothing department, much less a maroon sequined tank top.

We had long hair and were clean shaven dudes. I imagine the sales clerk thought that we were just gay guys. I really wasn't concerned with anything other than finding my size.

There was no rockthreads.com back then.

It's possible, but it's also possible the kid really likes to wear it. Kids do crazy, nonsensical things all the time.

:lol: I've got three of them, you don't have to tell me. But three year olds don't come up with lines like that unless they are being coached and pushed.

:lol: I've got three of them, you don't have to tell me. But three year olds don't come up with lines like that unless they are being coached and pushed.

I'm not 100% sure that's true. Kids pick up on all sorts of things and invent things in their own head, make up their own minds and form their own opinions. It's possible that it can be coached and pushed, I don't quite see it as a universal. If he had a sister, say, and she wore the tutu and the boy thought that he'd like to do wear it as well. Or if he saw something on TV, or at a friends place, or out in public, or a wealth of other places he could have been exposed to a tutu.

Who really knows. Could it be coached? Yes. But could this little boy legitimately like to wear a tutu because it makes him feel "beautiful and brave"? Yes.

[h=1]Mom defends her 3-year-old child’s right to wear tutus — ‘The world may not love my son for who he is, but I do’ [/h][FONT="]
My 5-year-old niece likes to wear her daddy's work boots. She kept falling over so my brother bought her a pair of her own. Is there any difference between that and this little boy who loves tutus?

And even if you believe that kids should wear 'gender-appropriate' clothing, whatever that is, is it okay for someone to confront parent and child and forcefully express disapproval?

[/FONT]

No, unfortunately, it's no one's business. Personally, I would try to find another way for my child to express his imagination except on rare occasions of dress-up.. How many children that age of ANY sex wear tutu? Hope it's not projection.

And where would a three year old boy even get the idea to wear something like that?

Oh right, the mom. Did anyone else notice that this kind of stuff is only ever defended by moms?

I contend that this do and wear girly things for little boys is just a way for feminists to change male culture by going after the youngest of the male sex. Feminists didn't have much success going after adult males, so why not go after three year old males instead.

Are TV shows supposed to represent real world demographics?

That appears to be the message when a certain group is under represented. Of course when they're over represented the side pushing for it is silent.

TV's not real. Well OK, there are documentaries. But mostly it's just made up stories. Does it have to reflect the full statistical demographics of a country? Who cares if shows have gay characters, if it bothers you, watch something else.

I don't care if there is gay people nor do I care what they do in the privacy of their homes, but I'm still not going to decide to watch them make out either.

I don't care if there is gay people nor do I care what they do in the privacy of their homes, but I'm not going to decide to watch them make out either.

Great, you ain't got to. If you see something icky on TV, change the channel.

Back
Top Bottom