• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Mockery, anger in South Korea over USS Carl Vinson 'bluffing'

'US President Donald Trump said he was sending "an armada" to Korean waters to potentially deal with threats from Pyongyang.

But its no-show has caused some South Koreans to question his leadership and strategy regarding their unpredictable neighbor in the north.'

South Koreans worried over USS Carl Vinson carrier group bluster - CNN.com

Thoughts?

Obviously, no one here can be really sure where US naval forces are at the moment. And that is a good thing. No point in letting Kim think he knows what is going on. He certainly sat his staff down and told them about the battle group. And now he's wrong. Hard candy for a "god".

Naval maneuvers are designed to be a mystery.

It is on its way.

The problem here is that no one paid much attention to what else was said at the time.

But soon after the Pacific Command statement, US military officials clarified to CNN that the strike group would first complete a previously scheduled military exercise with the Australian navy.

Official: White House, Pentagon miscommunicated on aircraft carrier's location - CNNPolitics.com

To the comment that it is on its way ...
From the same link above.

The strike group, including the 97,000-ton carrier and its 60-plus aircraft, the guided-missile destroyers USS Wayne E. Meyer and USS Michael Murphy and the guided-missile cruiser USS Lake Champlain, will arrive off the Korean Peninsula by the end of April, multiple US defense officials told CNN.

Stop giving people facts, it interferes with their hate and leaves their lives an empty shell...

We've been at war with NK since the 50s. There was only a cease-fire in place.

Plus, we've devoted 30,000 US troops and weapons systems to protect SK ass for all this time.

It's time to bring this to a head.

No one is going to engage in a military action against NK, the price of doing so is too high. If NK is attacked, they will kill hundreds of thousands of people in Seoul using artillery launched chemical weapons. We can stop the second barrage, but we can't stop the first one. People need to get educated on the reality of the situation in Korea before spouting off.

We've been at war with NK since the 50s. There was only a cease-fire in place.

Plus, we've devoted 30,000 US troops and weapons systems to protect SK ass for all this time.

It's time to bring this to a head.

Really? It is? I wonder what people who call themsleves Christians think Jesus would do in a situation like this?

While a lot of information need only be told to the President, there is little need to endanger our alliances and cause use to lose face in the international arena through this sort of poor communication.

Trump's mistake was wanting to, as usual, sound like the big man on campus and running his mouth without thinking. Which is pretty much SOP, and which will come back and bite us in the butt if it keeps up.

Do you have any idea what a nuclear weapon can do to a carrier group. We don't need the media or the left telling our enemies where our carrier group will be on any given day. Plus nobody knows what other measures are in place and hopefully Trump will not tell our stupid media or the left who will give away our hand again. I think South Korea and our allies should tax their people to pay for their protection in stead of criticize us. Otherwise sit back and shut up while we do your job for you.

Despite your post being 3rd in the thread I wonder how many people will either A: ignore it or B: not read past the first post and then immediately post crowing about it in their eagerness to say anything possible negative about Trump.

It's already on display. The MSM has been caught lying yet again and their cheerleaders continue to use lies to justify their hatred of smearing our servicemen and the president.

The media didn't lie. They reported on official government communication.

It would be nice if our corrupt and bias media would stop jeopardizing the lives of our young men and women serving this country with their stupidity. It is bad enough they are out their putting their lives on the line for us and our allies without our media painting bulls eyes on them.

WAIT HOLD EVERYTHING. We need Excon and Kal Stang and Sean Spicer to filter our fearless leaders words to the rest of the world, because our fearless huge leader is too ****ING STUPID to get it right himself. THe most powerful nation in the world, dealing with nuclear threats to the world and real threats to our close allies, but here comes the Trump brigade ready to translate for the rest of the world what our president spouts off to the rest of the world. In what world does this make ****ing sense? You fools have been making excuses and "interpreting" Trumps nonsense for too long, give it the **** up. If he can't say what he means, then it's just one more thing in hundreds that he's shown he's TERRIBLE at.

Or wait, maybe his goal is to show us the presidents words DO NOT MATTER? He succeeded at that I guess, he's a winner after all, America is great, America is great!

Members of my family have already been to war. Regardless, there's no guarantees in life.

War sucks, just ask the average troop who has been there, including me. What was Trumps Vietnam, oh ya, deferments and the ability to not contract an STD, give the man a medal. If the wealthy had to send there sons and daughters, we would have allot more doves.

The only one that needs to know the exact location and time of where our carrier group is at any given time is our president. Advertising where and when they will be somewhere is only an advantage to our enemies. Anyone with a brain should be aware of this. Trumps only mistake was even telling the media anything about the whereabouts of our carrier group. I would have told the media that is for me to know and our enemies to figure out and the last person I will tell my military plans to is a stupid media who will shout it out to our enemies.
Yes, it's true that giving the locations and times of our military is good for our enemies. That's exactly why liberals and the MSM want that information disclosed. Dead American soldiers is their goal.

I mean, we've got to deal with people like this in our country:
reinoe said:
That's exactly why liberals and the MSM want that information disclosed. Dead American soldiers is their goal.

No wonder we have a a circus clown as a president.

Do you have any idea what a nuclear weapon can do to a carrier group. We don't need the media or the left telling our enemies where our carrier group will be on any given day. Plus nobody knows what other measures are in place and hopefully Trump will not tell our stupid media or the left who will give away our hand again. I think South Korea and our allies should tax their people to pay for their protection in stead of criticize us. Otherwise sit back and shut up while we do your job for you.

We have treaties with SK for this. But none of this spin and deflection has anything to do with Trump running his mouth, and his distortions causing us to lose face in the international arena through poor communication.

Spin away, I suppose.

Thanks to lies from our corrupt and bias media and left who jeopardize our military and our relations with other countries over their hatred of the right.

The media just reports what Trump says and does. All the lying is done by Trump. Perhaps you'd be happier in a country like Russia where the state controls the media?

It would be nice if our corrupt and bias media would stop jeopardizing the lives of our young men and women serving this country with their stupidity. It is bad enough they are out their putting their lives on the line for us and our allies without our media painting bulls eyes on them.

They only reported on what the government publicly communicated. It is up to the government to keep secure any critical strategic military information. No ones live were jeopardized in this case, but if they were, the blame lies with the government for releasing information.

Would you say that NK poses no threat to the 30,000 American troops stationed in South Korea?

Not enough to start a pre-emptive war or pressure them into one, no.

So then why did the President tell the media?

Thank Trump for putting sailors in harm's way in order to sound tough to the media.

Trump said he was deploying our fleet not when and where. It is the when and where that put our military in danger.

Which explains why Trump divulged deployment information to the media

Deployment without when and where leaves the enemy searching 1000's of square miles of ocean. Our aircraft carrier group can strike from 900+ miles away. it is the media shouting out exactly where our carrier group is and when that is the problem. Anybody with half a brain knows that.

"How dare the media report on things the President says!"

I do not have a problem with our media reporting what our president says. I have a problem with our media shouting out to our enemies exactly were our carrier is and when. How stupid are these people. If it is your son or daughter that is killed by our media's incompetent stupidity how would you feel.

Seriously, if you gave a genuine **** about the military instead of this faux pandering you're doing in order to attack "the media" you'd realize that perhaps Trump should be given a class on Operational Security before getting in front of a podium with a microphone

Nothing trump said endangered us or our allies. It is the irresponsible reporting by our media on where our fleet is and when that puts everyone in danger. Could you imagine if our media during WW2 was out there shouting out that our aircraft carriers were over here when our military was hoping the enemy was looking some place else. Unbelievable. To be so prejudice against our president that you would endanger military operations is sick and pathetic.

Yeah, it was the media that was stupid for reporting the news.

There is a big difference between reporting the news and shouting out to the world and our enemies the exact location of our military during such operations.

And definitely not the fault of the guy who shared deployment information. You know-- not the President of the United States' fault at all.

Again to say we will deploy or defenses is a far cry from exposing exactly where they are at. If you can't comprehend the difference then there is no need continuing this discussion.

Trump had no problem alerting Russian forces in Syria that US Tomahawks were coming. They in turn alerted their Syrian allies.

Informing Russia was obviously part of the plan or it would not have been done. That is for our military leaders and the President to decide not the media. Get real already.

Ah the ol' blame the media Shtick.

Excuses are for losers.

Thank God our media was not stupid enough to help our enemies during WW2. People giving information to our enemies on the location and times of our military were known as traitors or now our media.

Trump continues to demonstrate incompetence and to give those of us who do not want him as POTUS more sound reasons to oppose him.

Let us unite in our efforts to shorten his tenure and to stand on the right side of history!

Ask yourself what can you do today to make a difference? Soldier on!

President Trump could cure cancer and you people would bitch about it. How do you figure you're, "on the right side of history"?

Ah yes the happy cry of a war hawk behind a keyboard that hopes war will happen and millions will die for the war hawks enjoyment. You want a war send your family over there then and put your family's lives where your warhawk mouth is.

What unit were you in?

We have treaties with SK for this. But none of this spin and deflection has anything to do with Trump running his mouth, and his distortions causing us to lose face in the international arena through poor communication.

Spin away, I suppose.

You know for sure we do not have military aircraft at some of our 800+military bases around the world ready to protect these allies. You know for a fact we do not have attack and nuclear submarines already deployed with Tomahawk and Polaris missiles ready to strike N. Korea. You know for a fact that there are not stealth bombers already doing flyovers of N. Korea right now ready to hit them hard if they attempt something. The fact is you know nothing of our current defense or attack capabilities right now. Let's hope our media and the left don't find out otherwise they will shout it out to our enemies.

Quote from linked article:
"We are sending an armada. Very powerful," Trump told Fox Business Channel's Maria Bartiromo. "We have submarines. Very powerful. Far more powerful than the aircraft carrier. That, I can tell you."
To say this, while knowing it wouldn't arrive until much later, is called a "lie-by-omission". Sorry, Suckers, but a lie-by-omission is still a lie.

Now, some portray it as a bluff, and that's not necessarily a bad thing, it could indeed have its place. I wouldn't knee-jerk reject that. But... be careful. Once a President that is already known to have questionable solidifies his reputation for bluffing, future events will be all that much more difficult to bluff, politically and globally. I really don't want to get to a point where countries like NK and Iran feel emboldened because our leadership has established that they're nothing but bluffers*.

I'd bet Mr Trump sucks at chess... he can't think two moves ahead.

*-And for the Suckers who will try and tie this back to Obama or challenge my consistency, no, I do not and did not approve of Obama's "red line in the sand", either.

They only reported on what the government publicly communicated. It is up to the government to keep secure any critical strategic military information. No ones live were jeopardized in this case, but if they were, the blame lies with the government for releasing information.

Wrong. It was not our government that released where our aircraft carrier actually was. It was our incompetent and prejudice media that was in such a hurry to try and hurt the president that they could care less how they jeopardized the entire mission or the lives of our allies and our soldiers. Sorry but that is the facts.

Back
Top Bottom