• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Moby Claims CIA Asked Him To Post About Trump and Russia

Did the Dems publish it? Nope- I am sure next week it will be Aliens who are behind the so called Deep State,- no not those aliens, the ones from Planet ZVksd/kladvcfkv.

Buzzfeed published it, so yeah.

Right. I suppose situational details determine submission to authority. I know that if there is a police car visible, I drive differently and obey all the rules. If there is no cop in sight, I follow the crowd and exceed the speed limits most of the time.

Depending upon the situation, as Stanley Milgram learned through experiment, maybe 85% will submit to authority and do what they are told, even if it means physically punishing/assaulting another human being.

I don't drive any different, either way. My point being, I observe driving rules traffic laws as often as possible. Driving rules and traffic laws exist to make the roadways safer. It has less to do with submitting to authority and more to do with doing my part to create a safe environment on the highway.

If you took out "moby" and said an "unamed anonymous source" I bet the leftists here would find it more believable.

I don't drive any different, either way. My point being, I observe driving rules traffic laws as often as possible. Driving rules and traffic laws exist to make the roadways safer. It has less to do with submitting to authority and more to do with doing my part to create a safe environment on the highway.

My point still being that most individuals practice situational ethics, you and me included.

My other point being that if a friend of Moby's asked him to make certain posts and he does, and Moby knows or believes his friend works for the CIA, Moby is doing what he is told to do by authority figures, in this case the deep state.

Buzzfeed published it, so yeah.

And other news orgs- you know the ones that are critical of Trump, the ones called Fake News did not publish the dossier. They did after it was published, but held back.

Maybe not but it sure does imply an administration not being forthright, that was able to silence an undercover agent working for 10 years on recording Russia and their shady actions to acquire uranium worldwide while members of his administration pushed through the Uranium One deal. Where was your beloved "upstanding guy" Comey or Mueller before him when all this was going on? Evidently turning a blind eye........

Many times under cover personnel are kept silent until the investigation has run its full course. This is not unusual.

Moby claims CIA asked him to post about Trump and Russia...

Moby claims CIA asked him to post about Trump and Russia | Fox News

'' Singer Moby claims his friends in the CIA asked him to spread the word that Trump had ties to Russia because he has a large social media following than the agency "..

This is a disturbing admission and even more evidence that there was a concerted and coordinated effort by the Obama administration, the Hillary campaign, the DNC and select media outlets and people in the entertainment industry to undermine the 2016 Presidential election and by extension our democracy.

Im going to go out on a limb and predict that next week is going to be a r really tough week for Democrats and people that have wasted the last year of their lives obsessing over Trump / Russia collusion false narrative

Taking the risk of the left blowing a fuse, I suggest this matter be investigated by a special investigator. :)

Back in the 90's Moby did a show at my college and I got the chance to spend a few hours with him. Moby is a pretentious ass. Everything he said or did was a showcase on how he is right you are wrong. People change over time so Moby today may not be the Moby I meet. If he is, then I can see how he built up this story to make his online rants seem like they have a higher purpose.

I can also see how recruiting someone with a loyal online following, willing to believe the most negative stories the CIA can fabricate about an enemy, would be a valuable asset

In the end I'm left with. It's Moby so who cares

And other news orgs- you know the ones that are critical of Trump, the ones called Fake News did not publish the dossier. They did after it was published, but held back.

Buzzfeed is a Left leaning orginization.

Many times under cover personnel are kept silent until the investigation has run its full course. This is not unusual.

Come on Jack, the investigation went on for years prior to the Uranium One deal. Committee on Foreign Investment approved the deal, which gave a Russian company significant uranium despite evidence that Russia was involved in bribery and kickback schemes a full year before the deal was approved. The undercover informant for the FBI confronted his FBI handlers about why the Uranium One deal was approved and was told it was political. After the confrontation the informant was put under a gag order. If Hillary Clinton would have won the election this informant would still be under a gag order.

Thoreau72;1068055024[/QUOTE said:
My point still being that most individuals practice situational ethics, you and me included.

My other point being that if a friend of Moby's asked him to make certain posts and he does, and Moby knows or believes his friend works for the CIA, Moby is doing what he is told to do by authority figures, in this case the deep state.

I don't believe I do beyond the very rare occassion. The law doesn't change my mind about things like rape, murder and theft. I wouldn't commit those acts if they were legal; just like I wouldn't chose to abort a child and that's legal.

Come on Jack, the investigation went on for years prior to the Uranium One deal. Committee on Foreign Investment approved the deal, which gave a Russian company significant uranium despite evidence that Russia was involved in bribery and kickback schemes a full year before the deal was approved. The undercover informant for the FBI confronted his FBI handlers about why the Uranium One deal was approved and was told it was political. After the confrontation the informant was put under a gag order. If Hillary Clinton would have won the election this informant would still be under a gag order.

We shall see. For good reason, informants are usually not briefed on "the big picture" or overall direction of an investigation. Might something have been wrong? Of course. But again, there's nothing in this to damage Trump.

You guys need to read the article with more clarity.

Moby didn't claim that his so-called "friends" in the CIA asked him to post false information about Pres. Trump and the contents of the Russian dossier. They suggested that he makes posts to his Facebook page about said subject matter only because Moby had a large Facebook following and, as such, he could possibly get the word out about this issue faster.

Moby said he wrote the post because his “friends” he claimed are “active and former CIA agents” asked him to “pass on some information.”

...they [Moby's CIA friends] said, like, ‘Look, you have more of a social media following than any of us do, can you please post some of these things just in a way that sort of put it out there.’”

This in no way suggests that this posting was sanctioned by top level officials at the CIA. Moby simply did this as a favor to his alleged CIA-friends. Nothing more. So, let's stop with the narrative that the CIA is out there enlisting (Hollywood) celebrates to slander Trump, okay?

I don't believe I do beyond the very rare occassion. The law doesn't change my mind about things like rape, murder and theft. I wouldn't commit those acts if they were legal; just like I wouldn't chose to abort a child and that's legal.[/QUOTE]

C'mon man, please tell me something I don't know already.

Murder and rape are real crimes with real victims, and we all understand that. Being in a country without the proper papers harms nobody at all. Possessing contraband harms nobody at all. Both are crimes against the state.

We shall see. For good reason, informants are usually not briefed on "the big picture" or overall direction of an investigation. Might something have been wrong? Of course. But again, there's nothing in this to damage Trump.

This isn't about Trump but how the politicization of the Intel agencies allowed the deal to go through even though they had evidence of Russia's bribery and kickback schemes. They should have reported it to Congress after alerting Obama and his administration which proceeded with the deal anyway. By doing so they could have stopped it.

8595578086_83facdd7e0.jpg

CNN from January :

Obama top intel chiefs brief Obama and Trump and Congress on content of dossier....

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cn...-trump-intelligence-report-russia/inddosssier

Steele briefed Mother Jones on the contents of the dossier....

The Spy Who Wrote the Trump-Russia Memos: It Was “Hair-Raising” Stuff – Mother Jones

In Court documents, Christopher Steele admits Fusion GPS directed him to breif reporters on contents of dosssier

Byron York: Trump dossier mystery deepens!

It makes perfect sense. There was a concerted effort by Obama's intelligence agencies to brief Congress and Trump on the contents of the dossier while Steele and Simspon meeting with Media outlets.

Your attempt to "connect the dots" would make sense if you'd added a "connector" between the Obama Administration and Michael Steele himself OR the Obama Administration and FushionGPS. But since you didn't...:roll:

What you've suggested would tend to make sense IF you'd provided evidence that the Obama Administration; 1) never informed Trump of what they had/knew, 2) had some direct connection to Steele (something that's been alleged) and, 3) employees and associates of FushionGPS didn't routinely go to the press with information they had on various research projects they were working on. (Read the transcript from Senate Judiciary Committee here.)

You know you're onto something when the only thing Liberals can say is "that's a lie!".

I'm calling it a lie because the way the narrative is being cast is a lie.

It would be one thing if the CIA Director himself approached Moby and asked him to post specific information about the Russian dossier to his Facebook page, but that's not what happened. Moby makes it abundantly clear that his so-called CIA friends approached him in an unofficial capacity to post information about the dossier to his Facebook page only because he had more followers than they did.

Now, Moby is clearly a liberal. And since he has a large social media following, it makes sense that he'd be someone to approach to "spread the word" so to speak. However, let's stop acting as if this request was make through official CIA channels and that the Obama Administration had anything to do with it. This was a simple impromptu request made from "friends to a friend" - friends who allegedly work for the CIA or have connections thereto. If you believe that this was an official sanctioned request from the highest levels of the CIA supported by the Obama Administration then IMO you're just another conspiracy theory nutjob.

All you really have here is a simple request from one so-called friend to another asking them to put the word out - nothing more. But let's not let the truth of the matter turn into partisan hackery shall we? :roll:

The lie is the :spin: on who asked whom to do what and for what reason. The truth is this "friend request" was not officially sanctioned at any level of government. So, let's stop pretending that it was.

This is downright weird, but it's actually just the sort of thing intelligence agencies do. That doesn't make it true, of course; it just means that the prior probability of this story being true is higher than most people might think.

That said, what exactly is the problem? Moby seems to be claiming that the dossier is correct. If so, there aren't any grounds for criticism here. The only way there would be grounds for criticism is if the dossier is false, and the people who were pushing it either knew it was false, or otherwise failed their epistemic responsibilities.

That's the part I've noticed no one is disputing. The concerns from right-wing posters seem to be that the CIA approached Moby and that the request was supported by the Obama Administration when not even Moby himself has asserted either narrative. He simply said "his friends in the CIA asked him to pass on info via his Facebook page because he had a large volume of followers". Period. What I found interesting from all the comments I've read from those on the right is not a single one of them asked exactly what information Moby allegedly posted to his Facebook page or whether said information was true nor if said posting provided new information. They're all bent out of shape over the fact that Moby claimed to have been "approached by the CIA" and worked up some connective narrative to the Obama Administration from there.

For my take I'm saying, "Who cares?" I mean, who hasn't shared or reTweeted information they've come across or has been passed along from other sources we believed to have been true? We all do it. Just because Moby is claiming that his so-called CIA friends approached him with such a request is what makes this particular story fascinating (if not ridiculous). But hey - I guess this now makes Moby an Obama puppet, huh? :roll: It's pure non-sense, IMO. But...:shrug:

I'm calling it a lie because the way the narrative is being cast is a lie.

It would be one thing if the CIA Director himself approached Moby and asked him to post specific information about the Russian dossier to his Facebook page, but that's not what happened. Moby makes it abundantly clear that his so-called CIA friends approached him in an unofficial capacity to post information about the dossier to his Facebook page only because he had more followers than they did.

Now, Moby is clearly a liberal. And since he has a large social media following, it makes sense that he'd be someone to approach to "spread the word" so to speak. However, let's stop acting as if this request was make through official CIA channels and that the Obama Administration had anything to do with it. This was a simple impromptu request made from "friends to a friend" - friends who allegedly work for the CIA or have connections thereto. If you believe that this was an official sanctioned request from the highest levels of the CIA supported by the Obama Administration then IMO you're just another conspiracy theory nutjob.

All you really have here is a simple request from one so-called friend to another asking them to put the word out - nothing more. But let's not let the truth of the matter turn into partisan hackery shall we? :roll:

The lie is the :spin: on who asked whom to do what and for what reason. The truth is this "friend request" was not officially sanctioned at any level of government. So, let's stop pretending that it was.

You're calling it a lie because you don't like what the dude says. It what you people always do.

Do you believe Moby?

I don't believe, nor disbelieve him. I'm waiting to see how it shakes out.

The Steele Dossier is bull****, though.

I don't believe, nor disbelieve him. I'm waiting to see how it shakes out.

The Steele Dossier is bull****, though.

Ahem - You have that backwards.

First, the dossier was always just Democrat funded opposition research, it was never legitimate intelligence.

WRONG. The opposition research was first conducted by a Republican candidate. His findings were then "passed on" to Hillary and the DNC.

It wasn't substantiated, or researched, it was just passed onto the FBI who then used it as the basis of a counter intelliegence investigation that led to the covert surveillance and unmasking of the political opposition in a election year.

1. Mr. Simpson admitted his agency did not go back and verify that accounts documented by Mr. Steele. However, he made it clear in his testimony that he believed in Mr. Steele's work with a high level of credibility based on their prior working relationship AND Mr. Steele's past work at MI5 - that also being very accurate and credible. Therefore, he had no reason to doubt the validity of Mr. Steele's work where the dossier is concerned.

Remember, Andrew McCabe testified under oath that the only allegation cooroberated by the FBI was Carter Page's trip to Moscow.
Carter Page is suing Fusion and Media outlets that published that allegation for Libel by the way, and he'll win because it wasn't true.

And yet Mr. Simpson stands by his testimony that it was, in fact, the Carter Page from the Trump campaign who did travel to former Soviet block countries if not directly to Russia. It's interesting how Pres. Trump asserts Pages's passport supporting the claim that Page never traveled to Prague yet he never claims that Page never traveled to any former Soviet block country. Why is that? Attention to detail, kind sir.

Simspon admitted in his testimony that Fusion GPS never substantiated the allegations in the dossier, and Steele admitted in Court papers that the allegations in the dossier were unfounded, and never meant to be made public.

Haven't gotten to that portion of the transcript yet, but I'm still reading. I may get back to you on this later...

But it was made public. Hell, Obama's Intel Chiefs even briefed Congress on its contents while it was being made public, and while the FBI was using it to obtain FISA warrants.

There was a obvious and coordinated and politically driven effort to disemminate its contents, and if Moby's telling the truth, then he was just a useful idiot, a tool and not the Patriot he thinks he is.
Mr. Simpson make clear in his testimony that the opposition research his company did on Trump actually supported the intelligence the FBI already had. So, I fail to see how research information that confirms what intelligence agencies already knew can be considered as "a coordinated and politically driven effort" especially given that the Obama Administration take the President-elect aside in his private residence and informed him of what they had. It would be a completely different story if they had kept the information to themselves and just let Trump swing in the wind.

Ask yourself, would the Obama administration have responded the same way to GOP funded anti Hillary oppo research ?

Whats was stopping the GOP from handing over a list of unsubstantiated allegations that tied Hillary to Putin ?

This growing scandal has legs for a lot of good reasons, but a big one is this.

When was the last time the FBI allowed their evidence to be publicly disemminated during a criminal investigation ?

I'll answer the last part this way:

1) I think each party will go out of its way to protect their own such as what's currently happening with the GOP and Pres. Trump. Except for those politicians who are retiring or have decided not to seek another term in office, they're all clearly afraid to say anything against him for fear or retaliation either from the President himself or his surrogates of the voters. So, they'll say just enough "truth" to show their discontent yet remain within that lines not to lose total support either from the POTUS or their party (leadership).

2) Nixon Watergate.

You're calling it a lie because you don't like what the dude says. It what you people always do.

What? :lamo

What Moby said works in my favor. Why would I not like that?

I'm calling it a lie because of the :spin: on the narrative and if you actually read the article you'd know this to be true.

Back
Top Bottom