• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

MLB 2024 (1 Viewer)

That Houston-Colorado game in Mexico City is the first time I realized that baseball isn't much played in Mexico; well, that is what one of the announcer folks said. Of course, I haven't ever given it that much thought, but I think I had it in my mind that baseball was a sort of popular sport in Mexico.

Okay, I figured I'd better go find that highlight reel again and this is what he said:

... doesn't traditionally have major league baseball ...

So I sort of misrepresented what he said, didn't I?

But now I am wondering just what is the scope of baseball playing in Mexico. I honestly have zero idea. Have never given it any thought until this first game they played on the 27th. Wasn't there some really hotshot pitcher from Mexico about 10 or so years ago? Fernando, or something. Probably longer than 10 years ago. This old brain makes time mistakes like that. He pitched for the Dodgers, no?

Fernando Valenzuela.

The air is thinner in Mexico city so *stro trash can bangs carry further.

That Houston-Colorado game in Mexico City is the first time I realized that baseball isn't much played in Mexico; well, that is what one of the announcer folks said. Of course, I haven't ever given it that much thought, but I think I had it in my mind that baseball was a sort of popular sport in Mexico.

Okay, I figured I'd better go find that highlight reel again and this is what he said:

So I sort of misrepresented what he said, didn't I?

But now I am wondering just what is the scope of baseball playing in Mexico. I honestly have zero idea. Have never given it any thought until this first game they played on the 27th. Wasn't there some really hotshot pitcher from Mexico about 10 or so years ago? Fernando, or something. Probably longer than 10 years ago. This old brain makes time mistakes like that. He pitched for the Dodgers, no?

The over/under in Mexico City yesterday for 5 innings was 8.5/9 runs.
Fernando Valenzuela.

The air is thinner in Mexico city so *stro trash can bangs carry further.
The D-backs roof is scheduled to be open all three nights against LAD this coming week. Probably why the over/under is already at 10 runs juiced over for tomorrow night. Plus lefties Paxton and Henry don’t scream low scoring. Another sports betting factor.

Trout out with knee surgery.

Great pitcher’s duel at DET this afternoon.

He gets hurt alot.
No doubt for me the saddest part of all Big Sports.
In Trout’s case, he was having a resurgence in his career.

But, I know these sports injuries seriously pale in comparison to real-world problems.

Good brawl for baseball..

G. Rod to the IL and J. Means coming off it is a big deal for the O’s in the story that followed the brawl story. Adames embracing Arozarena on the Brewers feed was cool.

Cool angle of the final play of the Cubs/Mets game.

Cool angle of the final play of the Cubs/Mets game.

As close a replay as they get, determining the outcome of the game.
Shota’s in the house. Great contract for the Cubs. Shota or YY?
Should Japanese pros be eligible for ROY?

Lindor off the bench.
More runners thrown out at home.
Always cool to see fan reactions from the side.
Reminiscent of the old Cubs/Mets series back in the day.

Goddamned Mets
Tough travel game at home tomorrow afternoon for the Cubs against the rested Brew Crew who’re facing their former manager. Send pictures next time you’re there.

Tough travel game at home tomorrow afternoon for the Cubs against the rested Brew Crew who’re facing their former manager. Send pictures next time you’re there.
Just went last week to see them lose to the Fish- might go in June for the Cin series.

The team is really good- especially considering their injuries.

Big series in LA tonight as the Dodgers meet the Braves. Dodger stadium should be rockin' - but not until the 4th or 5th inning.

The Dodgers beat up on inferior teams by wearing down their pitching and getting into their bullpen. They can't do that as much with good teams with solid starters and bullpens. They'll need to rely on timely hitting which has been a bit of a sore spot this year - especially for Ohtani.

Just went last week to see them lose to the Fish- might go in June for the Cin series.
Does Cactus versus Grapefruit make a difference?
The team is really good- especially considering their injuries.
Should be a fun series starting soon at Wrigley, the name of many pets.
Both MIL and CHC should be in contention for the 3rd, 5th, and 6th seeds.
The seeding pits the best WC record against the best division winner record.

Big series in LA tonight as the Dodgers meet the Braves. Dodger stadium should be rockin' - but not until the 4th or 5th inning.

The Dodgers beat up on inferior teams by wearing down their pitching and getting into their bullpen. They can't do that as much with good teams with solid starters and bullpens. They'll need to rely on timely hitting which has been a bit of a sore spot this year - especially for Ohtani.

Ohtani needs to be moved down in the order, but I don"t want to help LAD.

Interesting to me to see the Dodgers rotation split Glasnow and YY with Paxton and now Beuhler in between.
You can see their rotation for the whole year here:

Reminds of the 2019 Nationals, except LAD is on a 6-day rotation.

Lindor off the bench.
More runners thrown out at home.
Always cool to see fan reactions from the side.
Reminiscent of the old Cubs/Mets series back in the day.
Yep.. Cubs/Mets use to be a great rivalry years ago..

Does Cactus versus Grapefruit make a difference?

I doubt it. Im down in AZ for ST at the beginning every year. Never went to FL ST.
Should be a fun series starting soon at Wrigley, the name of many pets.
Both MIL and CHC should be in contention for the 3rd, 5th, and 6th seeds.
The seeding pits the best WC record against the best division winner record.
Yeah - Wrigley is always fun if its not cold.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom