• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Minister: American Girl doll 'a trick of the enemy' to emasculate boys

I have no doubt you honestly want to believe that.

You have no proof of any of it, so yeah, I will stick to my guns on it. There doesn't appear to be a connection from what I can find or from what you provided.

Of course it is.

Prove it. :shrug:

I have no doubt you honestly want to believe that.

There is more proof of my comment than yours.

So your argument is they just arbitrarily disliked gender roles and were mini-anarchists. :roll:

Nope. They felt they oppressed women. They thought no one should tell men and women how to act on the matter at all. That direction in gender behaviors was oppressive by its very nature.

Women wanted to cast off traditional gender roles because so many of them did not want to be forced into a culture which they didn't enjoy. Many women love to go to work. Many women don't want to be baby factories. Many women want to have the freedom to be what they want. Your position they were merely mini-anarchists who arbitrarily decided they didn't like something is not something I would expect from an intelligent conversation. It complete lacks knowledge of history, it ignores the written and verbal words of women and it shows a complete ignorance to women in general.

There is really very little proof that most women didn't enjoy their roles. Also, most people men and women don't enjoy to work at all. If anything working has made women more unhappy like their male counterparts. Though both genders are more unhappy then they were before this change. The entire premise there is frankly absurd. No one was calling them or treating them as baby factories or treating them as such when gender roles were a thing. That complaint by feminists was utterly retarded.

You're wrong. It isn't a matter of opinion, you're wrong. I know you're a big fan of male dominance and female submissiveness, but you're wrong on this.

I would actually prefer women not be submissive actually.

And, on a side note, a confident male isn't intimidated by the idea of a strong female.

Random attack.

You're not advocating for influence or guidance, you're arguing for control over other parents' children. That's authoritarian.

What control do I support exactly?

This doll has something to do with President Trump?

It took 22 posts, but inevitably someone was going to make this a never Trump issue.

Sorry if your feelings were hurt, little buddy.

But if you can't see the connection between Trump's idea that churches should be allowed to spew political ideology from the pulpit, and this minister doing exactly that.... then that's your own issue to deal with.

Sorry if your feelings were hurt, little buddy.

But if you can't see the connection between Trump's idea that churches should be allowed to spew political ideology from the pulpit, and this minister doing exactly that.... then that's your own issue to deal with.

Views on gender and gender behavior is not political by itself.

Views on gender and gender behavior is not political by itself.

Sure, Henrin... Then who is "the enemy" in the minister's quote? He's obviously making it political. You should know, because you've responded here to his call to arms.

"This is nothing more than a trick of the enemy to emasculate little boys and confuse their role to become men," the minister said in the e-mailed statement he sent at 9:45 a.m."

Hasn't this been tried before?

She was, and unfortunately for some, that ruined the entire movie for them.
It's amazing how petty some people can be.

But Rey is not my favorite heroine in the Star Wars franchise (Ahsoka Tano from the Clone Wars is my personal favorite), nor did I find her as compelling as Jyn was in Rogue One. But maybe that's just because her story isn't complete yet.
I've seen the original three and Force Awakens. I've also seen Phantom Menace. So I don't know either of those other two you just mentioned. I want to see Rogue One, but my wife hates going to movie theaters. It's not because she hates the theater, she actually loves it, but she hates the idea of committing to going to the theater. And she REALLY wants to see Rogue One.

I don't know. She knows it's dumb, but it is what it is. We all have our things. :)
To the most part feminist tore down gender roles simply because they didn't like them. Sure, there was some feeling of oppression for some, but most of the fight just had to do with a general dislike of it.

Nope. They felt they oppressed women. They thought no one should tell men and women how to act on the matter at all. That direction in gender behaviors was oppressive by its very nature.
For God's sake, if you can't even keep your own arguments straight, how in the world do you expect anyone to take you seriously?

There is really very little proof that most women didn't enjoy their roles.
So women felt oppressed by gender roles, but we have little proof they didn't like being oppressed.

Yeah...you and I are done. I've already had my fill of nonsense for the day.

Sure, Henrin... Then who is "the enemy" in the minister's quote? He's obviously making it political. You should know, because you've responded here to his call to arms.

"This is nothing more than a trick of the enemy to emasculate little boys and confuse their role to become men," the minister said in the e-mailed statement he sent at 9:45 a.m."

That's not a political statement.

Nah, you like the fact that it's a female character that goes around beating up men. Admit it.

Uh no and I won't be taking your silly bait. As much as you'd like to try to derail this thread into a TFA review thread, I won't be giving you a platform to allow that to happen and I'd ask others to not fall for it either.

Have a lovely day Henrin.

Yes, I know you don't. How dare they have competent female characters in these movies.

I suppose women need their masculine role models to live up too. :lol:

Just curious is this the same guy who thought Frozen was an attempt to turn kids gay?

Just curious is this the same guy who thought Frozen was an attempt to turn kids gay?

He's either the same guy who said that, or just as crazy as the guy who said that.

Yeah sure, the boy doll seems all innocent and then....

CHUCKIE.jpg

My god, it's got orange hair and skin. It's TRUMP!

What nonsense! Playing with a doll is not "acting like a girl". :roll:

According to someone with decision making abilities it is.
Guess why the newest Avenger isn’t getting her own toys | Fusion
Guess why the newest Avenger isn’t getting her own action figure
Despite the fact that Marvel’s upcoming movie Captain America: Civil War will have the most female superheroes on screen at the same time out of any of its movies, it seems as if none of them are being featured in its first wave of toy merchandise…again.
#WheresRey: 'Star Wars' Monopoly snubs main character - NY Daily News
'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' Monopoly board leaves out the main characterStar Wars fans are feeling a disturbance in the force with the latest Monopoly board.

Hasbro’s “Star Wars: The Force Awakens” edition of Monopoly doesn’t feature the movie’s main character, Daisy Ridley’s Rey.

The game lets you play as Finn, Kylo Ren, Luke Skywalker and Darth Vader, but is noticeably missing the film’s breakout protagonist
Forbes Welcome
Excluding Rey From 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' Toys Is Really DumbAccording to an anonymous insider familiar with the merchandise push surrounding Episode VII, toymakers were specifically directed to exclude Rey from their products because Star Wars toys are geared at boys and boys allegedly don't like playing with female action-figures.

Amazing is it not. Producing boy dolls emasculates boys and producing girl dolls emasculates boys.

He is fighting to control influences on children, which has a direct influence on their behavior patterns and interests. Kind of simple to understand once you bother thinking about it. To the most part feminist tore down gender roles simply because they didn't like them. Sure, there was some feeling of oppression for some, but most of the fight just had to do with a general dislike of it.

Yeah, where's your concern about the longstanding influence to prevent (usually) boys who were interested in girls-marketed toys from even being around them? You know, those kids do exist, even without any prodding. Researchers way back in the 80s found that about 10% of boys tended to play with toys that were intended for girls, given the choice. But at home, most have been denied their desires to have such toys. But you don't give a damn about that, of course, just make the same tired argument it will make kids gay/effeminate

Yeah, where's your concern about the longstanding influence to prevent (usually) boys who were interested in girls-marketed toys from even being around them? You know, those kids do exist, even without any prodding. Researchers way back in the 80s found that about 10% of boys tended to play with toys that were intended for girls, given the choice. But at home, most have been denied their desires to have such toys. But you don't give a damn about that, of course, just make the same tired argument it will make kids gay/effeminate

I have seen boys that play with girls toys, but in my experience they all did so because of having older sisters. Regardless, I'm fully aware that some boys will pay the toys even without any outside influence. In fact, that is why I am so strong with my position here.

You do realise this is not the first and only time this kind of silliness has gone on.
LGBT Characters and the Comics Code Authority | Comic Book Legal Defense Fund
Dr. Fredric Wertham, a psychiatrist and one of the most prominent anti-comics crusaders, claimed “that the stories inspired children to embrace anarchy, violence, crime and homosexual behavior.” In order to deflect these charges, the industry formed the Comics Magazine Association of America, which was tasked with drawing up a set of standards — the infamous Comics Code Authority. Among the arcane rules to which CCA-approved comics now had to adhere were these regarding sex and romance:

2. Illicit sex relations are neither to be hinted at or portrayed. Violent love scenes, as well as sexual abnormalities are unacceptable.

4. The treatment of love-romance stories shall emphasize the value of home and the sanctity of marriage.

7. Sex perversion or any inference to same is strictly forbidden.

Between emasculating your boys with dolls and turning them gay with comic books. Are there any real men left in america?

Ok, last post on this. There's not a thing wrong with manufacturing that doll but I still think it will appeal far more to girls than to boys. I can honestly say that my friend's son would have zero interest in that doll except to maybe shoot it with his nerf guns. Seriously, gotta watch the kid when he's has one of those in his hand. Fortunately, he's not strong enough, yet, to pull the little handle that makes it ready to shoot so, at least you're on notice that he's fully armed.

What were we talking about?

Of course it will, because there's no evidence that the kind of toys kids play with will make them permanently masculine/feminine, or that forcing toys they're not interested in can change such an inherent part of personality

Of course it will, because there's no evidence that the kind of toys kids play with will make them permanently masculine/feminine, or that forcing toys they're not interested in can change such an inherent part of personality

So was there always this level of masculine women and feminine men that we see today? Did they just have to hide who they really were in the past or something?

Back
Top Bottom