• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Mexicans are angry at their own president for meeting with Trump [W:19]

Re: Mexicans are angry at their own president for meeting with Trump

The support you are showing is for restoring US-Cuba ties. Some Americans are pro this, some not. But it doesn't matter. I was referring to your post of Donald Trump using President Nieto as window dressing. (post #47)

Many people here were upset on Castro grabbing Obama and raising his limp hand or the picture in front of Che. Window dressing.

View attachment 67206727

View attachment 67206726

That was what I was addressing. Not walls. Not embargos.

Thanks for making it clear you are talking about the usual I HATE OBAMA nut job faction.

This isn't the hypothetical situation I referenced. Imagine Obama accepted the invitation of a world's leader who disparaged the U.S in similar fashion out of pragmatism and mutual interests; would you be ok with that?

Do you not know Obama did that with Cuba?

So you have nothing. Got it.

Actually I nailed down the group being talked about you quite well. That is the opposite of nothing.

Did you see Aztlan ? Physiologically , I wonder how is feels .. for a nation to lose a war and lose so much prime territory .. One never knows , via the mass of people, Mexico will get it back again .. after several centuries ..

Sounds like wishful thinking. If they do for Aztlan what they did for Mexico, then we know how that prime territory would look.

Actually I nailed down the group being talked about you quite well. That is the opposite of nothing.

I used the same level of scrutiny that you used to provide your comment, yet you assigned me to a group. Let your true colors shine my friend.

I used the same level of scrutiny that you used to provide your comment, yet you assigned me to a group. Let your true colors shine my friend.

What you did was to take a discussion about Trump going Mexico and you allowed the little rubber hammer to hit you in your kneecap and you instinctively responded trying to turn it into yet another in an infinite series of I HATE OBAMA posts.

Enough is enough already and you were called out for it.

What you did was to take a discussion about Trump going Mexico and you allowed the little rubber hammer to hit you in your kneecap and you instinctively responded trying to turn it into yet another in an infinite series of I HATE OBAMA posts.

Enough is enough already and you were called out for it.

Actually, you were the one who was exposed. But whatever makes you sleep better at night. Again...post 47.

ppppfffffhhhhhh.

Mexico is one of the most racist countries on earth. The Spaniard Decent Mexicans think the Native Decent Mexicans (people of the north) are walking pieces of dog crap. Name one other nation that has an official government policy (The National Gov Controlled by the Spaniards) to help/aid deport its OWN people?!? People = Economic Growth. That is a country where your social status is literally determined by the pigment of your skin.

Mexico doesn't want a wall so they can keep unloading their undesirables on the US.

Last edited:

If I was an exploiter living in a failed country, and was part of a failed culture dependent on breaking the laws of another country to get by, the threat to the gravy train would probably upset me too.

:yt Couldn't agree more.

If I was an exploiter living in a failed country, and was part of a failed culture dependent on breaking the laws of another country to get by, the threat to the gravy train would probably upset me too.

Building a wall is going to stop a gravy train??? Your post makes no sense.

This is too hypothetical. Which foreign nation? Which disparagement? What are the compelling mutual interests? Those and probably a bunch more.
I'm thinking it's a case by case basis.

So you don't object to the principle - to each his own. Me personally? There's no legitimate scenario in which I'd approbate the president capitulating to a foreign leader and tolerating such disparagement out of pragmatism, as it'd be myopic; it'd undermine the sovereignty of the state and its ideal for immediate gains.

Do you not know Obama did that with Cuba?

Ah, finally someone spelled the beans on that one. Make no mistake; I saw that one coming a mile away.

Assuming there's equivalency between the two instances, do you not remember the reaction of right wingers? They were all scandalized and foaming at the mouth regarding how Obama sullied the U.S and her honor.

Back to the current scenario. What do you think of Pena's invitation and the Mexican people's reaction to it?

If allowed, I'm sure Progressives will hand the land back to them much faster than that.

Yeah, especially the ones who bled for GAWD and Country... :roll:

More rabid right rants, fact is a bunch of extremely conservative business owners enable, support and profit by mass importation of cheap labor.

But yeah let's blame the progressives... :peace

Actually, you were the one who was exposed. But whatever makes you sleep better at night. Again...post 47.

You reply denies the reality of what you attempted to do in your previous post turning a thread about Trump into the usual and predictable hate against President Obama.

You reply denies the reality of what you attempted to do in your previous post turning a thread about Trump into the usual and predictable hate against President Obama.

You are the one who tried to label with hate. I didn't. In fact I gave you a similar circumstance. People use others for as you said, window dressing. You can't even take one single criticism of Obama without your partisan playbook coming out. Well done in exposing yourself.

You are the one who tried to label with hate. I didn't. In fact I gave you a similar circumstance. People use others for as you said, window dressing. You can't even take one single criticism of Obama without your partisan playbook coming out. Well done in exposing yourself.

Criticize Obama all you want in the proper place and time. But this thread is about Trump and Mexico. Its hilarious how over the past eight years, so many on the right find every little excuse to bring up their hate for Obama in a knee jerk automatic reflex response. And that is what you did.

Building a wall is going to stop a gravy train??? Your post makes no sense.

Simple concepts remain mystifying to some, I guess.

Remove the exploiters illegally sucking money out of the US economy, cut off the jobs, jail employers who knowingly hire illegal aliens, and the theft of jobs will end along with the flow of money back to these failed countries.

Simple concepts remain mystifying to some, I guess.

Remove the exploiters illegally sucking money out of the US economy, cut off the jobs, jail employers who knowingly hire illegal aliens, and the theft of jobs will end along with the flow of money back to these failed countries.

You do hit on a solution there that I have long supported.

It would be be simply cheaper to go after the motivating source of the immigration in the first place as opposed to a wall. People come here for jobs and a better life. How many employers would be willing to hire any undocumented worker if the fine was $10,000.00 per worker per day? And how many people would be happy to blow the whistle on such employers if a bounty of 10% was offered back to the whistle blower when the employer was convicted and had to pay?

I suspect the problem would soon go away as there would be no incentive to hire illegals and lots of incentive to bust people who do.

No wall ... no costs of such a project .... no marring thelawdscape .... no alienating a neighbor ....... problem solved.

Yeah, especially the ones who bled for GAWD and Country... :roll:

More rabid right rants, fact is a bunch of extremely conservative business owners enable, support and profit by mass importation of cheap labor.

But yeah let's blame the progressives... :peace

A bunch of extremely conservative business owners employ well over 11 million people?

Good luck selling that whopper!

:lamo

You do hit on a solution there that I have long supported.

It would be be simply cheaper to go after the motivating source of the immigration in the first place as opposed to a wall. People come here for jobs and a better life. How many employers would be willing to hire any undocumented worker if the fine was $10,000.00 per worker per day? And how many people would be happy to blow the whistle on such employers if a bounty of 10% was offered back to the whistle blower when the employer was convicted and had to pay?

I suspect the problem would soon go away as there would be no incentive to hire illegals and lots of incentive to bust people who do.

No wall ... no costs of such a project .... no marring thelawdscape .... no alienating a neighbor ....... problem solved.

I call it a virtual wall.

Having worked REALLY hard to make sure every employee is legally allowed to work for my company, I have been lobbying/talking/writing letters/speaking on the need for devastating penalties against employers who knowingly hire illegal workers for years.

I want penalties to be catastrophic against those employers. I want laws that explicitly allow for the piercing of the corporate veil to go after the CEO's, etc.. I would like to see mandatory jail time with sentences that must be completely served.

Illegal aliens are devastating the economy, harm the most vulnerable communities, and have severely impacted the quality of education, healthcare, and public safety of every legal citizen living in the United States.

First, robust E-Verify to protect business owners who do their best to comply, and then devastating consequence for the illegals who take the jobs (immediate incarceration and deportation), and the employers who hire them.

I just love reading the crap on this forum and how stupid you Yankees are, if Hillary is elected as your President you will be a minority in America within twenty five years and speaking anything but English

Having worked REALLY hard to make sure every employee is legally allowed to work for my company, I have been lobbying/talking/writing letters/speaking on the need for devastating penalties against employers who knowingly hire illegal workers for years.

I want penalties to be catastrophic against those employers. I want laws that explicitly allow for the piercing of the corporate veil to go after the CEO's, etc.. I would like to see mandatory jail time with sentences that must be completely served.

Illegal aliens are devastating the economy, harm the most vulnerable communities, and have severely impacted the quality of education, healthcare, and public safety of every legal citizen living in the United States.

First, robust E-Verify to protect business owners who do their best to comply, and then devastating consequence for the illegals who take the jobs (immediate incarceration and deportation), and the employers who hire them.

I agree. Must address both parts of the problem, that which has, and continues to, entice illegal aliens violating the border and sovereignty of the US, as well as those that do the illegal crossing and illegal visa over staying.

Glad to see we have some mutual ground here that we can agree on.

Regarding E verify: when i worked for the Michigan legislature from 2011-13, the program came up a few times and we had testimony that it was notorious for being not the most reliable system to use. I do not know if it has been improved since then.

Glad to see we have some mutual ground here that we can agree on.

Regarding E verify: when i worked for the Michigan legislature from 2011-13, the program came up a few times and we had testimony that it was notorious for being not the most reliable system to use. I do not know if it has been improved since then.

That reliability issue has been the argument used to try and avoid adopting E-Verify as the primary method of identifying legality to work. It's been the excuse since it was first created. When the IRS hides information regarding SS identity theft, it's understandable to be concerned. But only to a degree.

What has happened, IMO, is those seeking to protect illegal workers don't want any system put in place. That leaves it to employers to act as the DHS/ICE enforcers. That is ridiculous.

Having illegal workers in your employment is a serious problem. Full blown identity theft is a real problem. Talk to someone who has had their identity stolen and learn how screwed they are, and how difficult it is to get things corrected. Have a tax refund coming? Good luck, if someone steals your SS number, they check of the maximum number of dependents to limit withholding, and then owe taxes. Those delinquent taxes are now attached to your SS number, and you'll never get a refund until you jump through a thousand hoops by a disinterested IRS.

E-Verify is already in place, and can be used and improved, if the politics of trying to protect and exploit illegal workers didn't enter into the equation.

Back
Top Bottom