• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Melania Trump Orders Removal of Near-200-Year-Old Tree From White House [W:451]

Of all the things to get upset about. If they left the tree standing and it would lean toward the media on a windy day, you would accuse them of trying to kill reporters. Besides, I doubt the tree was in trouble only since January.

Why would it have collapsed under Obama? :lol:

What did he do that was so bad that we were a joke to the world, at the brink of nuclear war, and starving out the elderly while stripping kids of health insurance?

Maybe - just maybe - you arent being dramatic enough.

Well, for one, that insanely stupid Neville Chamberlain type nuke deal with the Iranians.

There was never any brouhaha for me.

I was in a waiting room this AM watching CNN and there seemed to be no issue with the removal. In fact one of the reporters indicated that it was thankful it was being removed - because it was falling apart and the reporters frequently stood there.

I was referring to the OP.

Well, for one, that insanely stupid Neville Chamberlain type nuke deal with the Iranians.

You guys just love propagandist memes that are woven into the US propaganda cycle.

witches typically like trees but obviously Malignya has issues with this particular tree that does not suit her evil purposes ...........

not every tree is destined to live forever

nature even catches up to white house trees

maybe they can replace with something else that is pretty and will last 100-200 years from now

Per the article, the tree will be replaced with its own shoots That's how nature works.

Right. Far longer than our country will be standing.

:)

Rome survived an Emperor that appointed his horse to public office and declared himself God, and it survived him by about 4 to 14 centuries. Do you count the Byzantine Empire as a continuation of the Roman Empire or not?

Oh, so there's a good reason? Not, "but...but...Truuuuuuump!"?

Probably will go down as her greatest achievement. Well, that and her anti-bullying program. I mean look how well it's working on Donnie.

Once it gets past a certain point, it's a safety hazard. Melania based the decision on professional advice.

My question, though, is why is Melania making lawn decisions? Is his a duty of the first lady? Somehow I doubt it.

witches typically like trees but obviously Malignya has issues with this particular tree that does not suit her evil purposes ...........
Another one who didn't read the article.

How about we have an honest back story to this.

A large portion of an iconic tree planted by President Jackson in the 1800s is slated to be cut down this week.

First Lady Melania Trump made the decision to uproot the Jackson Magnolia after experts determined that it was beyond saving and posed a safety hazard, her spokeswoman said Tuesday.

After reviewing the reports, she trusted that every effort had been made to preserve the historic tree, and was concerned about the safety of visitors and members of the press who are often standing right in front of the tree during Marine One lifts,” said Stephanie Grisham.

Wood from the tree will be preserved, Grisham added. The First Lady has also requested that its seedlings be maintained in the event that a new Magnolia tree can be planted in the same area.
White House to remove centuries-old Jackson Magnolia tree - NY Daily News

Now if this had been Michelle Obama making the same decision, would you honestly be saying "nothing is sacred?"
No, they wouldn't, but the other side would. This is how far we've collectively sunk over brain dead partisan politics.

That being said, the tree really needs to go, and probably should've been removed a couple decades ago.

Well the tree cant make its own decisions and is a pretty important part of america. It couldnt cost more than like.... 4000 bricks to save this tree?

An important part? Did you even knew it existed prior to this story coming out? Be honest.

And if you won't be honest publicly, you still know the honest answer.

not every tree is destined to live forever

nature even catches up to white house trees

maybe they can replace with something else that is pretty and will last 100-200 years from now

They should cut the tree and leave the stump. It could be renamed, "The Trump (dumber than a) Stump."

My question, though, is why is Melania making lawn decisions? Is his a duty of the first lady? Somehow I doubt it.

Uhhh... Didn't MO have an organic garden that she tended to and worked, harvesting all kinds of fine crops for their healthy meals?

I hope Melania plows that under too.

A fitting thing to do, if possible, would be to cut it down, then hire a craftsman to turn it into a piece of furniture or something, and showcase it as being from that tree.

I think that'd actually be pretty cool. A new White House memento and treasure.

This is how you responded to me,

So it sounded like you were lumping us together.

Did you notice the squiggly thing at the end of the sentence? That's a question mark. Instead of going on the defensive you could have simply answered the question.

When all I can see is "Melania Trump Orders removal of" and I find out it's just a tree, talk about a letdown!

I agree. I am waiting to see what Mueller is going to order removal of. :mrgreen:

Once it gets past a certain point, it's a safety hazard. Melania based the decision on professional advice.

I have a 50+ year old Magnolia tree in my front yard. It is huge & just keeps growing. Must be 40 feet tall & 40 feet across. But the older & bigger they get, they start becoming dangerous. They grow in odd ways & continually drop small branches. A 200 year old tree would be huge...and dangerous. I think the decision to remove it & replace it with shoots is a sound one. These are nice trees to have around, especially when they bloom in the spring. This genus was one of the first flowering plants & arose during the Age of Dinosaurs.

Last edited:
If anything, Melania should be applauded for making a hard decision that no spineless politician always measuring which way the wind blows would ever make.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom