• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

McConnell to delay the vote on health care bill until after July 4 recess

Phys251

Purge evil with Justice
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
Mitch McConnell to delay the vote until after recess - CNNPolitics.com

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell will delay the vote on the Republican leadership's health care bill until after the July 4 recess, two sources told CNN.

McConnell told GOP senators that he wants to make changes to the bill, get a new Congressional Budget Office score and have a vote after the holiday.
A White House official and a GOP aide on the Hill told CNN that White House chief of staff Reince Priebus and Vice President Mike Pence invited all Republican senators to White House on Tuesday afternoon.

Republican leadership, along with Pence, had sought earlier to woo members of their own party into supporting the fragile health care bill behind closed doors Tuesday, as a fifth senator came out against voting for a procedural step to advance their plans to repeal and replace Obamacare.
:applaud

Looks like just enough GOP Senators decided to stare down the fact that Trumpcare would have thrown over 20 million Americans off of insurance coverage!

Anyone who considers this to be a long term victory needs to go outside and experience a real, tangible short term enjoyment, like a nice hike, boat ride or a date with the wife/husband. Or just rent some bad movies and get drunk by yourself. Whatever. Point is, just about anything is more tangible than this "victory."

Anyone who considers this to be a long term victory needs to go outside and experience a real, tangible short term enjoyment, like a nice hike, boat ride or a date with the wife/husband. Or just rent some bad movies and get drunk by yourself. Whatever. Point is, just about anything is more tangible than this "victory."

Placing faith in Susan Collins and Dean Heller to change the Republicans as a whole is magical thinking. However, it may allow for the opportunity of a hearing and an ammendment or two.

I have been saying for nearly two months that they are not likely to pass anything, that has not changed.

Could this be the referendum on Trump that the Dems have been waiting for!?

Placing faith in Susan Collins and Dean Heller to change the Republicans as a whole is magical thinking. However, it may allow for the opportunity of a hearing and an ammendment or two.

There is no number of amendments that will make trumpcare less bad than the ACA. Not when the driving motivation is to give a tax cut to the rich and not at all about improving healthcare. The underlying motives are rotten, and all resulting legislation will likewise be rotten.

And for anybody who does think this delay is a victory, just repeat back to yourselves Paul Ryan's statement from a couple months ago after their first fiasco: "Obamacare is probably going to be the law of the land." Republicans have at least a year and half to come up with some way to take medicaid and health coverage away from millions of Americans. Their donors put them into office to cut their taxes, and you better believe that's exactly what Republicans are going to deliver.

Winning ...................................................... :mrgreen:

There is no number of amendments that will make trumpcare less bad than the ACA. Not when the driving motivation is to give a tax cut to the rich and not at all about improving healthcare. The underlying motives are rotten, and all resulting legislation will likewise be rotten.

And for anybody who does think this delay is a victory, just repeat back to yourselves Paul Ryan's statement from a couple months ago after their first fiasco: "Obamacare is probably going to be the law of the land." Republicans have at least a year and half to come up with some way to take medicaid and health coverage away from millions of Americans. Their donors put them into office to cut their taxes, and you better believe that's exactly what Republicans are going to deliver.

And honestly I'd rather the Rebpublicans go all in with evil, so the left can attack them for it.

Mitch McConnell to delay the vote until after recess - CNNPolitics.com

:applaud

Looks like just enough GOP Senators decided to stare down the fact that Trumpcare would have thrown over 20 million Americans off of insurance coverage!

As a nation, we are yearning for tax cuts. This is an unfortunate setback however I am optimistic this bill will get passed. Mitch mcConnell is the sheriff and will round up the votes!

Tax cuts are needed. Not only will they improve healthcare, but our overall economy.

A shame you don't see 1 Democrat Senator lending a helping hand to Trump or McConnell. Their true colors have been revealed. Democrats don't want to see improved health care. All they want to do is complain.

As a nation, we are yearning for tax cuts. This is an unfortunate setback however I am optimistic this bill will get passed. Mitch mcConnell is the sheriff and will round up the votes!

Tax cuts are needed. Not only will they improve healthcare, but our overall economy.

A shame you don't see 1 Democrat Senator lending a helping hand to Trump or McConnell. Their true colors have been revealed. Democrats don't want to see improved health care. All they want to do is complain.

Well all I can say is, congratulations on your good fortune in being able to make over $200,000/yr. I don't know why you think you need more money at the expense of people being able to have access to medicaid, but I guess you just have problems of your own I don't know about.

Not when the driving motivation is to give a tax cut to the rich and not at all about improving healthcare.

Tax cuts my friend will improve health care.

Here is what people on the left are missing.

Instead of spending resources on treating pepole, why isn't all our resources going on finding cures for Cancer, Aids, alzheimer, etc?

Food for thought.

Instead of spending resources on treating pepole, why isn't all our resources going on finding cures for Cancer, Aids, alzheimer, etc?

Food for thought.

I understand that you make over $200,000/yr, and again, congratulations for that. But why isn't that enough to pay for your health care? Why do you need more money so that other people can't have medicaid?

It's a delay, time off the clock, from implementing this disastrous plan. And it makes the possibility that it will never pass just a bit more likely.

I understand that you make over $200,000/yr, and again, congratulations for that. But why isn't that enough to pay for your health care? Why do you need more money so that other people can't have medicaid?

I'm a foot soldier Cardinal. I have been to people's homes and spoken to the "people." Medicaid is a horrible system and no decent citizen wants to be on Medicaid. It doesn't improve a persons life.

Medicaid needs to be defunded otherwhise, it will be completely non-existant in 2028. Medicaid is essentially a ponzi-scheme.

If you want to continue to fund a broken system, good for you. What are your suggestions on funding it? Should we roll back on national security and make us more susceptible to terrorist attacks?

Because you actually do care about people's coverage? I get it. I do too. I don't want people to die from lack of health coverage. I oppose lifetime caps, insurance companies raising premiums 5x for older, sicker Americans, I support the mandate, I support expanding Medicaid, I support the pre-existing coverage clause. I support Medicare being able to negotiate drug prices with the pharma companies. I support a public option. I support single-payer. I support mostly Democratic ideas in healthcare. I've made this case to conservatives plenty of times, but, they are too stubborn to change. Since, they believe the market will provide for sick people, let them see for themselves what's going to happen. Can't say I didn't try to tell them what's right and what's wrong. They don't like my ideas because they are "left". Let them try their ideas out and we shall see who is right and who is wrong.

Do you not have confidence in conservative voters to accurately place blame, when people become sicker, poorer, and die younger?

And honestly I'd rather the Rebpublicans go all in with evil, so the left can attack them for it.

So then you are one of them "I'd rather have the problem than the solution" guys, right?

I'm a foot soldier Cardinal. I have been to people's homes and spoken to the "people." Medicaid is a horrible system and no decent citizen wants to be on Medicaid. It doesn't improve a persons life.

Medicaid needs to be defunded otherwhise, it will be completely non-existant in 2028. Medicaid is essentially a ponzi-scheme.

If you want to continue to fund a broken system, good for you. What are your suggestions on funding it? Should we roll back on national security and make us more susceptible to terrorist attacks?

I'm on Medicaid, I love it. My hospital bills get paid if I go to the hospital and I get dental and yearly checkups and pay zero. Medicaid is also an economic stimulus to local economy.

Food for thought.

Taxes fund the lion's share of that research. Trump wants tax cuts, which will mean less money available for that research. I see a huge disconnect in what you just posted.

Answer the question, bucky: why do you need more than the $200,000 you're already making so that other people don't have access to medicaid. Answer the question.

So then you are one of them "I'd rather have the problem than the solution" guys, right?

Republicans have made clear that they are not interested in solving people's healthcare woes or improving anyone's life who makes <$200,000.

The problem with the Obama administration is that they were playing with number and statistics and lying to the media and people.

Obama said more people were insured under Obamacare. The fact is the majority of people covered under Obamacare were technically insured, but most of that insurance was unusable.

As long as we spend 17% GDP on healthcare, and going up, there is no solution.

We need to decide to fix healthcare, you know, that thing Obama said he was doing but lied about.

Back
Top Bottom