• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Mark Cuban challenging Trump in 2020?

Didn't he host a show called the Benefactor that was a complete rip off of the Apprentice? No wonder it was canceled after 1 season.

Talk about a winner.

Where did he make his money? From selling a lemon to Yahoo?

Cuban at least knows how to make and grow business and invest unlike trump. Cuban made his own wealth. Trump inherited his.

That person you call a certified moron... Beat the best qualified candidate to ever run for the presidency. He did what only 42 men have done before him... WIN the presidency. He must be doing something right.

Of course he did something right. He's a brilliant self-promoter. He himself claims that this is his talent. Selling a brand is the core of his business.

He fooled you and others into thinking he is some business genius who will fix America. I give him a lot of credit for his talents as a conman. Conman is short for confidence man. It's a man who is skilled at gaining people's confidence through deception. Or should I use Trump's own words "truthful hyperbole." To be honest I don't believe Trump has hyperbole in his vocabulary. The writer must have edited that in.

Of course he did something right. He's a brilliant self-promoter. He himself claims that this is his talent. Selling a brand is the core of his business.

He fooled you and others into thinking he is some business genius who will fix America. I give him a lot of credit for his talents as a conman. Conman is short for confidence man. It's a man who is skilled at gaining people's confidence through deception. Or should I use Trump's own words "truthful hyperbole." To be honest I don't believe Trump has hyperbole in his vocabulary. The writer must have edited that in.

President Donald J Trump is naive. He thought that he could run the country like a business. He's finding out that it moves a lot slower. He's got a big thing going for him... The economy. If he can keep the national debt increase down, keep companies in this country, and keep unemployment low throughout his term, I think he'll win again. He preaches border security, jobs, and America First. Those are big hits.

Why? I don't know much about him besides watching Shark Tank.

He is a self-made billionaire. He didn't inherit a fortune from his daddy. He is smarter and better spoken than Trump. While Trump dishonors veterans, Cuban founded the Fallen Patriot Fund. Cuban has managed to grow his fortune without ripping off investors and filing bankruptcy half a dozen times like Trump.

Cuban is a normal, well adjusted person who knows what the average American is going through because he used to be one. Again, I'm not saying I would want him as President, just that he would be better than Trump.

In the general election.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

Cuban said that if he ran, it would be as a Republican. Do you think Trump would run as an independent?

Cuban at least knows how to make and grow business and invest unlike trump. Cuban made his own wealth. Trump inherited his.

He sold a company to a dumb company (Yahoo) that went bankrupt a year later.

He's either really lucky or a complete crook.

Trump is simply a man with a talent for self-promotion. Trump's businesses is all branding and self-promotion. What successful billionaire do you know who has time to film a reality show? Where is Warren Buffet's or Bill Gate's reality show? Where is Michael Bloomberg's reality show?

I'm amazed by how easily duped people are. Trump inherited his business and wealth. He runs the company his father built. It's just almost impossible to fail if you were in New York City real estate in the 70's because property values have skyrocketed. Yet Trump is only worth about 3 billion. He could have sat and done nothing and be worth more than that. His is a series of poor decisions like Trump Airlines, Trump University, Trump magazine and investing in the New Jersey Generals.

He didn't even write "The Art of the Deal." The guy who did write it says Trump is a moron.

“It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.”

― Mark Twain

Why are you talking to me about Trump? Don't you know this thread...and my post...is about Cuban?

He may not be as big a narcissist (but still be one) or as big an asshole but then again, he could be.

My point would be that, as had been brought up in the past, "if a surgeon leaves a sponge in you after an operation, who do you have fix it, another surgeon or a plumber?"

Perfect example, from The Donald, a direct quote: "Who knew that health care was so complicated?" (after first round of voting on health care)

Not only did he said he'd fix it 'immediately,' he had no idea of the scope of the issue OR what it would take to work with Congress to get change. :doh

Who didnt know this before the election tho? I did.

If he is serious he would run in 2024 after trumps 2nd term. Best he can do in 2020 is split the vote and give the dnc the office.

Man, you give the American people no credit at all, lol: "Best he can do in 2020 is split the [Republican] vote..."

Why? I don't know much about him besides watching Shark Tank.

I've seen him on a few things, he did some episodes of Entourage too.

He seems like he'd be fun to party with.

I would vote for any business person over Trump that actually ran a real business not a family owned no board, no stockholder company.
Trump is used to being the final and only word on decisions. He is not used to answering to anyone but himself. That is his biggest problem. The rest is just a lot of yada, yada!

Its difficult to go from a one person show to a job requiring compromise with parties equal to you.

He seem to be a fairly hard core liberal. But then you might say the same thing about some of the republican senators.

If I had to bet money I would bet he is libertarian. But I don't know what party he would run as. I don't think he could win the Democratic primary. 3rd parties don't well but maybe he would have the star power to change that. And I don't know how it would work if he ran as a Republican. Cuban's problem would be more our party system rather than his popularity.

Do you guys remember this:

Mark Cuban Predicts a Stock Market Crash if Trump Wins the White House

Mark Cuban Predicts Stock Market Mayhem if Trump Wins the White House

"In the event Donald wins, I have no doubt in my mind the market tanks," Cuban says.

“In the event Donald wins, I have no doubt in my mind the market tanks,” Cuban said. “If the polls look like there’s a decent chance that Donald could win, I’ll put a huge hedge on that’s over 100% of my equity positions… that protects me just in case he wins.”

The stock market is up close to 25% since November. The stock market valuation has gone up over 5 trillion dollars. Cuban was a bit off in his projection.

He isn't someone I would want as President but he would still be superior to Trump in every conceivable way.

Afternoon- that is not a high bar.

Man, you give the American people no credit at all, lol: "Best he can do in 2020 is split the [Republican] vote..."
Do you think if cuban ran in the general but trump didn't that trumppers will vote for cuban or not vote at all? Cuban running divides the GOP further and he's dems

Do you think if cuban ran in the general but trump didn't that trumppers will vote for cuban or not vote at all? Cuban running divides the GOP further and he's dems

Where do you get that from my post?

I think many Trump voters will vote against their own best interests again, whoever is running :lol:

Where do you get that from my post?

I think many Trump voters will vote against their own best interests again, whoever is running [emoji38]
Your bigotry aside, what I said was that if cuban was serious about being elected as potus he would wait till 2024 because he can not win with trumppers supporting trump

Your bigotry aside, what I said was that if cuban was serious about being elected as potus he would wait till 2024 because he can not win with trumppers supporting trump

And once again, "you really dont give Americans much credit, do you?'

Whoosh, right over your head again?

And once again, "you really dont give Americans much credit, do you?'

Whoosh, right over your head again?
Who are you to judge that when your the one disrespecting trump supporters. Let me guess, IYO, they are not part of the American people.

Who are you to judge that when your the one disrespecting trump supporters. Let me guess, IYO, they are not part of the American people.

LOL You really have trouble with the written word. I was specifically including Trump voters as Americans and my point was, you seemed to assume they'd be stupid enough to vote for him again.

I cant make it any simpler than that.

Unfortunately the OP is quoting the NY Daily News, a tabloid based on sensationalism written at less than a 6th grade literacy level. Once known at its height for featuring the Murder of the week, popular more for its sports reporting and coupons for its supermarket advertising than any real suggestions of journalism. Few newspapers have gotten as many stories wrong.

Mark Cuban has been and remains a life long Democrat. When Donald was first considering running for the nomination, Mark openly stated "If Donald runs, I'll run." Fortunately for Mark, two old school back room Democrat strategists and long time players and powers that be, grabbed Mark and got him a gig on one of the Sunday morning political debate live shows. Mark fell on his face with what he didn't know, and a lesson was learned by Mark. They had no trouble convincing Mark that they took him seriously, saw him as new blood for the party with all the right attributes. A self made icon of wealth, no sex scandals, a dedicated family man with an intelligent attractive wife, a man who could purchase a sports team for his own entertainment, and relatively smarter than the average politician, without old school ties and obligations. Not the status quo. A great white hope for the party, a new blood scion of middle America.

No matter how much criticism and kvetching exists out there against the wealthy, there's no denying wealth is not only admired by most Americans, it is envied and revered, and dreamt for. Mark made his wealth before he was 40 and he's been having fun since. An American dream becomes a reality and it is respected. It doesn't matter that he's dropped a few stupid bombs for the media to lap up. They are forgotten. And Mark has been getting a political tutoring education since that TV show failure, and despite the fact he detested Hil, he showed he was a party man by supporting her during her campaign, proving himself a party loyalist.

Cuban is well known for his real life philanthropic donations and activities, he is the best prospect the Democrats have, and his appearances on Shark Tank haven't hurt. His only drawback, for the left, he is Jewish.

Mark won't run in the next presidential election, unless Trump doesn't run. The party strategists are not likely to waste the party's greatest hope on an election against an incumbent. Rarely, has this nation no re-elected an incumbent. And no matter how much Democrats, liberals and leftists wring their hands, that is not likely to change for Trump.

As things stand now, neither party has anyone with sufficient stature other than Mark to capture the public's support, and the same from the back rooms where the decisions are made. If I'm still alive when Mark runs for the presidency, I'll be wagering on his being our next president.

Back
Top Bottom